Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

It is great to see the details posted for each market. Are there also details regarding how many sites are in each market? Also, apologize if already noted, are all sites that are being upgraded also being installed with new dual band antennas for NV or are they reusing existing antennas at these sites?

Thanks!

There are maps that show every site by market, but they are only only available in the Sponsor section. If you are able to donate and become a sponsor I would suggest it there is lots of cool information in the Sponsor section. When you donate you get access for 6 months I am a broke college student and only able to donate $5 every 6 months, but every little bit helps and it gets you access. For you 2nd question someone correct me if I am wrong that all NV site will be 1900/800mhz LTE ready when they are installed. The only thing that will be lacking are the antennas for 2600mhz which sprint will have to install later 

@chris2420

Thanks for the info and about the dual band antennas at the NV sites for 1900/800MHz. I know since Spark @ 2600MHz is 8x8 MIMO that you can't use the dula band antennas for 1900/800MHz and make them tripleband because of the 8x8 MIMO.

• 1 month later...

So I'm curious if or when the NV running list will be updated again. A couple of Ohio markets have made significant progress since the April update, and it'd be nice to see it on paper, so to speak :)

Sorry I said anything... I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers here.

You weren't. The running list usually gets updated between every 2 weeks to a month on average.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

The NV Running List data is managed by one of our Staff Members.  He's been tied up the past few weeks.  Hopefully I will have the data soon and can update it.

Robert

• Like 4

I received the updated numbers from Ian this morning.  I have update the NV Running List now.

Robert

• Like 5

Robert, in the NV Running List for Western Washington, the current production rate is this July. Is that just regarding NV 1.0 accepted sites?

Yes.  That's when Network Vision upgrades will be complete if they continue the same production rate.  LTE completion cannot be forecasted as it is backhaul vendor dependent, and each site is variable depending on logistics and distances from fiber, etc.

Robert

• Like 1

The NV completion is for NV 1.0 right? Or is it NV 1.0 and 2.0? If it's both then Sprint is working quick. Either way my signal has gotten better and better. I've noticed more 1x800 and B26. I have not seen any B 41 yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

The NV completion is for NV 1.0 right? Or is it NV 1.0 and 2.0? If it's both then Sprint is working quick. Either way my signal has gotten better and better. I've noticed more 1x800 and B26. I have not seen any B 41 yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Yes. NV 1.0

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 1

NV Upgrades in the NV Running List is referred to the equipment rip and replace at sites. That portion is done in NV1.0. NV2.0 work is just the addition of more equipment to further enhance the experience.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Do you guys think they'll be done with NV 1.0 by sept? I know they said they wanted to be mostly done by end of june but it looks like they're a ways from that goal. Is end of Sept too optimistic? That should include the band 25 lte too, right?

I just want to know why memphis aint got no 800 cdma live yet. We are 99% complete and not a single 800 turned on yet...

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Do you guys think they'll be done with NV 1.0 by sept? I know they said they wanted to be mostly done by end of june but it looks like they're a ways from that goal. Is end of Sept too optimistic? That should include the band 25 lte too, right?

Not a chance with the number of full build sites (including GMOs) they still need to construct.

I just want to know why memphis aint got no 800 cdma live yet. We are 99% complete and not a single 800 turned on yet...

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Must be an incumbent SMR spectrum holder has not fully cleared out of the way, yet.

Not a chance with the number of full build sites (including GMOs) they still need to construct.

Excluding GMO's, it's possible. However, there will likely be some stubborn sites where they have owner, permitting or a some other issue. I do think we will be able to say all markets will be substantially complete by then. Hawaii is the big wild card, though.

Excluding GMO's, it's possible. However, there will likely be some stubborn sites where they have owner, permitting or a some other issue. I do think we will be able to say all markets will be substantially complete by then. Hawaii is the big wild card, though.

I'm going to be a very bitter person if Sprint's definition of "substantially complete" excludes GMOs. I could live with that if it only meant those sites weren't going to be getting LTE soon, but for the 10% of the East Texas sites and the 19% of the Louisiana sites that are GMO sites, phone calls won't even hand off reliably, especially since the neighboring sites almost all have 800 voice now. I can only imagine how it is for other markets.

I'm going to be a very bitter person if Sprint's definition of "substantially complete" excludes GMOs. I could live with that if it only meant those sites weren't going to be getting LTE soon, but for the 10% of the East Texas sites and the 19% of the Louisiana sites that are GMO sites, phone calls won't even hand off reliably, especially since the neighboring sites almost all have 800 voice now. I can only imagine how it is for other markets.

Prepare to be bitter. GMO's were planned to be NV2.0 in the beginning. There were some rumors in early 2013 that they may move them to the end of NV1.0. But I haven't seen enough movement to think that's happening in a big way.

There are things they can do to improve handoffs from GMO to full builds. It's not the equipment. They just need to be better optimized.

Prepare to be bitter. GMO's were planned to be NV2.0 in the beginning. There were some rumors in early 2013 that they may move them to the end of NV1.0. But I haven't seen enough movement to think that's happening in a big way.

There are things they can do to improve handoffs from GMO to full builds. It's not the equipment. They just need to be better optimized.

Right now handoffs between GMO and full builds here (and sometimes even between GMOs) are non-existent. Even if you're not on a call, you can watch in SignalCheck as you have to lose your signal completely before picking up a strong signal from a GMO.

The optimizations you're hinting at, are they something I should be able to get addressed with a network ticket? As far as I can tell, it's not anything missing in the neighbor sets.

The optimizations you're hinting at, are they something I should be able to get addressed with a network ticket? As far as I can tell, it's not anything missing in the neighbor sets.

Definitely. I'd pick the worst one and create a ticket. And keep hammering that location until it gets fixed. And then, when you confirm opening a ticket works, hammer all the other handoff locations you have in East Texas.

In most instances, the problem is the new full build has their new antennas pointed too low and there is not sufficient RF overlap from the GMO and the full build.

The reason being, is that the RF engineering on the full build was configured as if the GMO was a full build. If the GMO was a full build, the RF would overlap correctly. However, the GMO doesn't reach as far, and the adjacent full builds need to have down tilt adjusted enough to compensate. And in 75%+ of instances, remote downtilt adjustment is enough to fix the problem.

Definitely. I'd pick the worst one and create a ticket. And keep hammering that location until it gets fixed. And then, when you confirm opening a ticket works, hammer all the other handoff locations you have in East Texas.

In most instances, the problem is the new full build has their new antennas pointed too low and there is not sufficient RF overlap from the GMO and the full build.

The reason being, is that the RF engineering on the full build was configured as if the GMO was a full build. If the GMO was a full build, the RF would overlap correctly. However, the GMO doesn't reach as far, and the adjacent full builds need to have down tilt adjusted enough to compensate. And in 75%+ of instances, remote downtilt adjustment is enough to fix the problem.

I hope you're right. In all the testing I've done so far, it isn't a signal issue, as the signal very quickly changes from -104 to -80 or higher once the phone is forced to rescan and acquires the new site. But recently it's become a new issue altogether -- my phone calls are occurring on 800 MHz, and the network won't do an inter-band handoff for a voice call.

I'll give them a call today and re-open the old ticket.