Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Our market (Milwaukee market) has been NV complete for some time now.  However, yesterday it seems they did a huge "update" to the address given from the 1x site.  Most addresses were spot on, and are now in some cases 5 miles away from their real location.

Has this been happening anywhere else?  Here in the Madison area everything just went bonkers!  :lol:

The offset locations (each sector gets it's own coordinates a variable distance from the site) have been the norm in many markets all along.. perhaps Sprint decided to make this standard across the country. Too bad, those of you with exact locations had a nice perk..

-Mike

The offset locations (each sector gets it's own coordinates a variable distance from the site) have been the norm in many markets all along.. perhaps Sprint decided to make this standard across the country. Too bad, those of you with exact locations had a nice perk..

-Mike

Part of what's weird is that the Milwaukee market went from offset locations pre-NV, to correct locations with NV, and now back to offset locations.  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Like 2

So, I know this doesn't exactly fit in here, but I don't feel it warrants its own thread.

Our market (Milwaukee market) has been NV complete for some time now.  However, yesterday it seems they did a huge "update" to the address given from the 1x site.  Most addresses were spot on, and are now in some cases 5 miles away from their real location.

Has this been happening anywhere else?  Here in the Madison area everything just went bonkers!  :lol:

I noticed the same thing on here (Western Minnesota in the Dakotas market).

It used to give the exact site location. I don't even see a standard distance for the offsets. This really annoys me.

Part of what's weird is that the Milwaukee market went from offset locations pre-NV, to correct locations with NV, and now back to offset locations. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I wonder if it was supposed to be an offset all along, and it was discovered to be wrong along the way.. hopefully you mapped out all of your sites in advance! Export your SignalCheck log now and you'll still have the right coordinates for any sites you haven't connected to recently if you need them.

It used to give the exact site location. I don't even see a standard distance for the offsets. This really annoys me.

There is no set distance, it varies by site and probably has to do with how much area the site covers. We've had offsets here in Boston all along. If you record all three sectors, you should still be able to identify the site in question, but it doesn't help if you don't know where the site is to begin with.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sad. Over a year behind in some areas. Others have had the equipment at the site for at least 6 months but LTE still isn't hooked up. Wonder if they'll really be done by Thanksgiving 2015.

Answer, no.....they won't be done by Thanksgiving 2016.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

obviously you don't know what's up. It sounds like to me they are awaiting backhaul from a vendor. I do blame sprint for not getting an interim backhaul solution out there.

obviously you don't know what's up. It sounds like to me they are awaiting backhaul from a vendor. I do blame sprint for not getting an interim backhaul solution out there.

Interim backhaul is really expensive, and keep in mind, cellular backhaul is not the same as fiber or coax internet to your house.

im thinking like summer 2015 most of the network will be completed. i mean hell they already got all the NV equipment on all sites except for the ones that wont be upgraded and if im right the current equip can do 1x800 LTEx800 and LTE on 1900. so all they are doing now is waiting on the slow ISPs to get fiber to their towers.

in all fairness sprint should have contracted the ISPs to start running fiber 6 mos to a year before they were scheduled to need it because now they are done with the equipment and are waiting on isps.

I could care less about the B41 deployment as i am in the country and probably wouldnt get a signal anyways.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So when this list will be updated? Sprint has completed a lot of upgrades in every market since November 2014.

It's on my to do list.  I hope to do it this week.  :fingers:

• Like 6

I'm a little surprised by how many difficult sites are left, especially in more rural areas, like East Kentucky.  Those should be dead easy permits.  I guess in areas like that it's more backhaul related?

Difficulty is more than just permitting. More often it is the site owner or structural issues. Many of the remaining sites, Sprint is looking for a new site location.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Difficulty is more than just permitting. More often it is the site owner or structural issues. Many of the remaining sites, Sprint is looking for a new site location.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Would this be the case in Middlesboro, KY. The Sprint tower here also hosts AT&T and Verizon of which both have had LTE here for nearly 2 years and both use Century Link for backhaul. Also, Sprint still has Wimax on this same tower....is it possible they don't plan to upgrade to LTE until Wimax is decommissioned this fall. I'm really tired of waiting as I live here part time for work...The rest of the time I live in Knoxville which has great LTE coverage almost everywhere. Also of note, Harrogate, TN. ...The town directly across the state line has had LTE over 6 months now.

Edited by troyboytn

Would this be the case in Middlesboro, KY. The Sprint tower here also hosts AT&T and Verizon of which both have had LTE here for nearly 2 years and both use Century Link for backhaul. Also, Sprint still has Wimax on this same tower....is it possible they don't plan to upgrade to LTE until Wimax is decommissioned this fall. I'm really tired of waiting as I live here part time for work...The rest of the time I live in Knoxville which has great LTE coverage almost everywhere. Also of note, Harrogate, TN. ...The town directly across the state line has had LTE over 6 months now.

It's not likely that WiMax has any impact, whatsoever.  There are hundreds of WiMax Protection Sites that have Sprint LTE on them already.  WiMax Protection Sites often bundled copper solutions or AAV with mediocre throughput.  Like 5-30 Mbps.  When you divide that over 3 sectors, it provides just basic service.  So the backhaul that existing WiMax Protection Sites use is not sufficient to run Sprint LTE for just one B25 carrier, let alone B26 and B41 carriers too.  So many of these sites, like Middlesboro, are still waiting for proper backhaul.

• 2 months later...

Is sprint stuck? Looking at the markets many of them are in the 60%, 70%, 80%, for lte and have been for quit a while. It doesnt seem like a lot of progress is being made. Except N'awlins which went to 90%+ lte very quickly. From my casual observations it would seem most these places should have a lot more lte complete by now.

It seems like sprint hit abt 80% lte completion across the entire network and then pulled back.

• Like 3

Is sprint stuck? Looking at the markets many of them are in the 60%, 70%, 80%, for lte and have been for quit a while. It doesnt seem like a lot of progress is being made. Except N'awlins which went to 90%+ lte very quickly. From my casual observations it would seem most these places should have a lot more lte complete by now.

It seems like sprint hit abt 80% lte completion across the entire network and then pulled back.

Those remaining sites are probably the hardest to get backhaul to.

• Like 3

The last sites in each market are the last because they're the hardest to get work done on. Whether it be permitting, backhaul, landlords being annoying, etc, all of these things can slow down a market's progress significantly.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

lets see if they have backhaul to 50 percent those sites by jan 1 2016 .i say nope.

50% of what sites? The remaining sites? That answer is up in the air. In some areas the answer will be yes in others, no.

• Like 1