HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Well how do i get S-Off on this device?

You'll need to change the mainver in order to run the 1.29 RUU.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2390821

Once you down grade to the 1.29 RUU you can then run Moonshine or Revone to S-OFF. I used Revone and it was super easy. S-OFF'd in like a couple of minutes

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

You'll need to change the mainver in order to run the 1.29 RUU.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2390821

Once you down grade to the 1.29 RUU you can then run Moonshine or Revone to S-OFF. I used Revone and it was super easy. S-OFF'd in like a couple of minutes

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

When my hboot screen comes up it shows 

****Unlocked***

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-OFF RH

CID-SPCS_001

HBOOT-1.44.0000

RADIO-1.00.20.0626

Does that mean I already have S-OFF?

• Like 1

When my hboot screen comes up it shows

****Unlocked***

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-OFF RH

CID-SPCS_001

HBOOT-1.44.0000

RADIO-1.00.20.0626

Does that mean I already have S-OFF?

yup you are already s-off :-)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

No you still have the radio from the 1.31 update. Are you familiar with command line and fastboot?

A little bit....what do i need to do now? I downloaded that radio file I am installing abt bundle, HTC Sense and updating java now.

Download this rar and extract it out to a folder. it should be all you need.

Click the cmd icon and that will open up a command window. Reboot your phone into bootloader and connect it to your PC. Make sure on your phone says FASTBOOT USB.

Next type:  fastboot oem rebootRUU

Your phone screen should go black and show the HTC logo.

Next type:  fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

You should start to see it updating the radio in your command line window. Your phone will show a green progress bar but just ignore it. It will not show its completely finished. The flash shouldn't take too long and once its finished and you are back to the command line prompt type

fastboot reboot

As with everything else, the disclaimer always applies. I've added a MD5 file to check to make sure the firmware zip is good but always check. I made the firmware.zip only containing the radio and it worked for me, but always check the MD5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3sskmseolpsn7o/fastboot_1.29radio.rar

• Like 1

Download this rar and extract it out to a folder. it should be all you need.

Click the cmd icon and that will open up a command window. Reboot your phone into bootloader and connect it to your PC. Make sure on your phone says FASTBOOT USB.

Next type:  fastboot oem rebootRUU

Your phone screen should go black and show the HTC logo.

Next type:  fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

You should start to see it updating the radio in your command line window. Your phone will show a green progress bar but just ignore it. It will not show its completely finished. The flash shouldn't take too long and once its finished and you are back to the command line prompt type

fastboot reboot

As with everything else, the disclaimer always applies. I've added a MD5 file to check to make sure the firmware zip is good but always check. I made the firmware.zip only containing the radio and it worked for me, but always check the MD5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3sskmseolpsn7o/fastboot_1.29radio.rar

Thanks. I did all of that but now I can't get back to hboot.

Nevermind, I got to it and yes it worked. Hopefully this fixes the problem!

Good deal!

If you ever want to ever check the radio version number without booting into bootloader, you can see it at Settings > About > Software Information > More > Baseband Version

Let me know your results. I've had a lot better experience on the original radio.

Good deal!

If you ever want to ever check the radio version number without booting into bootloader, you can see it at Settings > About > Software Information > More > Baseband Version

Let me know your results. I've had a lot better experience on the original radio.

Is this the original radio?

Wow, the quickest rooting help thread! haha props to leerage!

Ha ha! I've been Rooted since day one and then s-off (I've actually done 8 devices so far) on the first day if that but leerage hooked you all up! Not only was it quick, it was all right, go figure! Lol

Good work and thanks for sharing leerage.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

Does anyone know of an app that will combine the capabilities of the IR blaster with the capability of controlling a DirecTV box via IP Control? We use RF remotes because we only have 1 box hooked up to all the tv's in the house. Currently the TV App will control my TV but I have to use a separate app to control my DirecTV box via IP Control.

Does anyone know how to add the Download widget to either one of the screens or the App Drawer?

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1376809989559.jpg

Currently, the only way I have been able to bring it up is through search.

Is it not in the app drawer for you?

Is it not in the app drawer for you?

The download app is not in the app drawer on stock android on the htc one or the htc evo lte. The only way I have found is going to downloads through the stock browser.

Looks like we might be able to look forward to an update to Android 4.3 by the end of next month! 

Well... hopefully. Never know with these things. But this sounds pretty solid:

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/08/18/htc-one-developer-edition-to-jump-to-android-4-3-htc-aiming-to-update-u-s-models-by-end-of-september/

What about the U.S. carrier-branded versions, you ask? Mackenzie has confirmed that they'll be bumped up to Android 4.3, too. That's not exactly a shock considering that the One is HTC's flagship smartphone, but it's still good to get word straight from the company itself. As for when all of these Android 4.3 updates will begin rolling out, Mackenzie says that HTC is aiming to have all U.S. SKUs of the One updated by the end of September.

• Like 1

Looks like we might be able to look forward to an update to Android 4.3 by the end of next month!

Well... hopefully. Never know with these things. But this sounds pretty solid:

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/08/18/htc-one-developer-edition-to-jump-to-android-4-3-htc-aiming-to-update-u-s-models-by-end-of-september/

And how long will it take Sprint to push that update to us?

On the rich man's HTC, sipping on some Moonshine.

Supposedly HTC is skipping the 4.2.2 update in favor of the 4.3 update.

I'm not too bothered by this TBH, the phone still performs well. No lag, no glitches or weird things. I can be patient :P

-luis

• Like 1

Supposedly HTC is skipping the 4.2.2 update in favor of the 4.3 update.

I'm not too bothered by this TBH, the phone still performs well. No lag, no glitches or weird things. I can be patient :P

-luis

Yes.  I also feel that I can wait.  The new update could bring issues...I hope they do some extensive testing before rolling this out.