Dish Network proposes merger with Sprint Nextel for $25.5 billion

PythonFanPA

Clear already sells fixed broadband.

Are you sure about that?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Clear hub express is fixed broadband. Expedience markets like Carson City/Gardnerville, NV are fixed wireless with phone service too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I guess they call it fixed, but I wouldn't. Fixed services have professional installation and an external antenna. Nomadic, yes. Fixed, no.

I'm not sure that is something DT would be interested in. I think post-AT&T, DT is all in.

Possibly, but I don't believe that their actions really reflect that.

Sprint is going after T-Mobile, bank on it!

ata-cid='145790' name='Rawvega' timestamp='1369786496' post='145790']Their purchasing of MetroPCS or something else?

The reverse merger is definitely one, but also the fact that the original Metro deal only had a 6 month wait period before they were able to sell their stock. They extended to 18 months to get the deal done, however, it has been reported that they could still weasel out of that term at any time. That makes me hesitate that they are all in.  DT was in talks with dish prior to the sprint offer.

• Like 1

Yep, pretty much what Chad said. The reverse merger with MetroPCS was clearly a means for DT to separate T-mobile USA from the rest of the company.

The reverse merger is definitely one, but also the fact that the original Metro deal only had a 6 month wait period before they were able to sell their stock. They extended to 18 months to get the deal done, however, it has been reported that they could still weasel out of that term at any time. That makes me hesitate that they are all in.  DT was in talks with dish prior to the sprint offer.

If I remember correctly, in order for DT to sell its shares before the 18 months are up, they would have to sell all of their shares in one swoop. I'm sure Charlie will consider giving TMUS another look if the whole "Don't trust the Japanese" shtick doesn't pan out.

I believe DT still wants out of the U.S., but until they can find a proper suitor, they're stuck here.

Sprint is going after T-Mobile, bank on it!

When would be it be a reasonable time for sprint to go after Tmobile? Obviously Sprint would need to wait until the Softbank/Sprint/Clearwire merger is done and possibly after they obtain the H block spectrum first.

When would be it be a reasonable time for sprint to go after Tmobile? Obviously Sprint would need to wait until the Softbank/Sprint/Clearwire merger is done and possibly after they obtain the H block spectrum first.

Definitely after it closes all those deals. Sprint and T-Mobile were talking before the Softbank merger and T-mobile wanted to wait until 2013.

Remember that Softbank has a 25% share of Alibaba.com, a Chinese e-commerce site that has been evaluated anywhere from $55-120B.

Sprint and T-Mobile will definitely be a merger, not an acquisition.

Edited by bigsnake49

With the approval from CFIUS, Uncle CharChar might as well take his asian fear mongering roadshow to the house and try to retain some amiable composure.  Considering his hostile rhetoric towards softbank and obvious irritable demeanor with Sprint prior to getting their non-public info, its baffling who on the board of directors or in corporate management would actually want to work for the man.  Instead of swooning them, he chooses to brood and beat his chest as though choice is forgone and hes trying to scare a pack of animals into submission.    

He's so charming. 

7341fd46-46ff-45c1-ab56-0f656f271bdd_zps

• Like 6

Got notification of this via email today:

http://dish.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=768906

Your link gives this bloomberg link some sense.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-04/sprint-said-to-consider-delaying-softbank-vote-to-give-dish-time.html?cmpid=yhoo

Edited by itchyass022

• 3 weeks later...