Sprint network enhancements map oddity

larryt510

When I visit Sprint's own network enhancements map at:

https://network.sprint.com/

and select 'Anaheim, CA' from the drop down menu it brings up a map with 438 total upgrades showing inlucing 2 new towers. But I carefully searched and cannot find those 2 new towers anywhere. It seems as if Sprint forgot to show the new towers on the maps even though they are apparently supposed to be there. Ok so maybe just an oversight by the map people? Well this isn't the first time. The last time the map showed a new tower somewhere in Los Angeles, CA I couldn't find it either. In some of the other markets I couldn't find the new tower locations either. Can anyone actually find ANY new tower locations in any market?

When I visit Sprint's own network enhancements map at:

https://network.sprint.com/

and select 'Anaheim, CA' from the drop down menu it brings up a map with 438 total upgrades showing inlucing 2 new towers. But I carefully searched and cannot find those 2 new towers anywhere. It seems as if Sprint forgot to show the new towers on the maps even though they are apparently supposed to be there. Ok so maybe just an oversight by the map people? Well this isn't the first time. The last time the map showed a new tower somewhere in Los Angeles, CA I couldn't find it either. In some of the other markets I couldn't find the new tower locations either. Can anyone actually find ANY new tower locations in any market?

It's been that way for a long time, since they changed formats of how the maps looked last summer. The new towers went away. However, I have access to the database and we post all the new sites in our NV Sites Complete maps as we discover them.

Robert

Ok so they list new towers in the total count for the area but they no longer actually show those locations on the maps? They should fix that. But I don't believe these new towers to be true anyway as I can look up this market using an internal database tool that I can get access to sometimes and there haven't been any actual new towers in this area in a couple of years. So there's really not two new towers here so it makes no sense that they would even list two. Unless they are counting a site decommission and a replacement site next to it which has happened a couple of times.

New tower in network.sprint.com? I don't know. I always thought that was to show capacity upgrades etc.

Where I DO see a new tower being displayed in my local area around the Miami airport is in coverage.sprint.com

The network.sprint.com map is supposed to show new tower locations as well as data speed/capacity and voice upgrades. But that function has apparently been broken for a while.

The coverage.sprint.com maps are VERY outdated with the new tower markers. So the one you see in Miami is probably something that was put up a couple of years ago.

I really wish Sprint would hire a couple of website developers to revamp their coverage maps. It just looks so old and tiny like in the 1990s. I actually liked their 4G Wimax maps with the flash content enabled which had a picture of the US and labelled which cities had Wimax coverage. I really like what Verizon and AT&T, especially Verizon, on what it has done to show their 4G LTE coverage maps and listed the actual cities by state of where they have 4G LTE coverage. Right now, Sprint doesn't display a list of what markets have 4G LTE coverage and people would have to rely on press releases to find out if it has been officially announced which is not how its suppose to be considering most people don't read or pay attention to Sprint press releases.

Or at least list the 4G LTE cities by state like Verizon does. Currently Sprint does not have a list of what markets have LTE. The Sprint style coverage maps currently are just so ugly and outdated. I just feel that Sprint can do just a better job of displaying this information to the public.

Good god please do not give us Verizon style maps.

Here is the VZW style coverage tool map for the state of Colorado...

158zsl.png

;)

AJ

• Like 10

I like T-Mobile styles maps.

I like the Tmo maps too. However, I only get HSPA/HSPA+ signals in the two strongest colors. I can't get even one bar in the lighter two colors even if I'm outside, standing on my tippy toes with my Nexus 4 held up over my head 7' in the air.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1