Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Some notes work on 800 and some don't. You can try a 800 prl, connect to it and try calling someone. If it doesn't go through then you have one of the defective models which you should keep the 2xxx. If not then you can load up a priority 800 prl and have at it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Defective...? >.> More info? I'm sure I probably missed it somewhere...

Also what's a good prl for 800 priority? (currently on 55017)

AND how do you pronounce your name? -_-

Should I be seeing LTE is Davis right now?  I live in East Davis near the police station.

It's been hit or miss for me.  I can get it if I go to LTE only mode, and if I go back to LTE/CDMA mode sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn't.  That said, don't expect the high speeds they have been getting in south sac (I got 10 Mbps down once but its usually around 2-6)

It's been hit or miss for me. I can get it if I go to LTE only mode, and if I go back to LTE/CDMA mode sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn't. That said, don't expect the high speeds they have been getting in south sac (I got 10 Mbps down once but its usually around 2-6)

Where is south sac are people getting fast speeds? I have an iphone 5 and haven't picked up any LTE in months.

Where is south sac are people getting fast speeds? I have an iphone 5 and haven't picked up any LTE in months.

You need to have a TDD-LTE device to pick them up. The iPhone doesn't have the right radio to pick up those signals AFAIK

Look on sensorly. I've been checking up on the Clearwire phase band 41 TD-LTE sites for the past month and a half. Just checked up a few more just now and found another fully back hauled site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's been hit or miss for me.  I can get it if I go to LTE only mode, and if I go back to LTE/CDMA mode sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn't.  That said, don't expect the high speeds they have been getting in south sac (I got 10 Mbps down once but its usually around 2-6)

Yeah, I'm getting really good speeds when I force LTE only modes but other than that, I'm not picking up much. Hopefully we'll get some nice consistent connection soon. :)

So how do you identify backhaul being put in? I saw a big lift at the tower in Lockeford on 88 and a utility truck with a person that looked like they were fiddling with the back of a sprint cabinet

Unknown unless you catch one of the LEC workers on site. Since your site is multi carrier it's hard to determine who's doing what just by looking at equipment.

Yeah, I'm getting really good speeds when I force LTE only modes but other than that, I'm not picking up much. Hopefully we'll get some nice consistent connection soon. :)

Yeah it's an ecsfb issue. The equipment needs a minor software update to enable ecsfb and then all triband phone users will be good to go. Takes anywhere from a few hours to a week or two for them to push it to the sites. 

Starting to see some LTE action in Orangevale (off Kenneth between Oak/Central) with regularity. Able to get 2.01 Mbps down and .58 up according to Sensorly but not for very long and I can't get a screen shot of the Sensorly app.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting...they must be testing some LTE on those towers that are closeby. Nearest tower's are Auburn Blvd/Sunrise and another over on Fair Oaks/Greenback near the Mt. Vernon Cemetary. There is another further away over East of Hazel closer to Old Auburn/Hazel...but I think that one is too far. Although it could be the one at Hazel/Greenback too...hmmm

Starting to see some LTE action in Orangevale (off Kenneth between Oak/Central) with regularity. Able to get 2.01 Mbps down and .58 up according to Sensorly but not for very long and I can't get a screen shot of the Sensorly app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kytopgun

I'm wondering too. Maybe someone a bit more techy than me can explain.  Supposedly in my area, NV is estimated to be complete end of June.  I know they've been working on it because at least in the Rancho Cordova area in the WHhte Rock/Sunrise area I've seen flashes of LTE for a few seconds a few times over the past month.

My LG G2 got the spark update a few weeks back. As I said above, sometimes when I try to use the internet I see the spinning 3G circle at the top of the screen. Then it changes to the spark symbol but no connection. When this happens all my bars go away and I sometimes see a red x next to them. I can usually get back online if I exit from whatever app I'm trying to use data on and reopen it, the spark circle then becomes the 3G. Then it takes up to 30 seconds for my bars to come back.

Anyone know what that's all about?

Over the past couple of day's I've managed to trick my Nexus 5 into running on the LTE in Midtown Sacramento and this is the latest speed test I've gotten with a relatively poor signal of -101dbm, can't wait for it to be officially launched! post-28702-0-99599200-1392940809_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Over the past couple of day's I've managed to trick my Nexus 5 into running on the LTE in Midtown Sacramento and this is the latest speed test I've gotten with a relatively poor signal of -101dbm, can't wait for it to be officially launched! attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-02-20-15-54-12.jpg

Yep... these clearwire sites have been up since september. Hard to believe most of the first phase and the second phase converted clearwire sites will just sit around doing nothing for another 3-5 months just waiting for Sprint to get NV 3G up and running... 6+ months and counting..

Yep... these clearwire sites have been up since september. Hard to believe most of the first phase and the second phase converted clearwire sites will just sit around doing nothing for another 3-5 months just waiting for Sprint to get NV 3G up and running... 6+ months and counting..

How come on sprint spark the upload speeds are bad?

How come on sprint spark the upload speeds are bad?

10-15Mbps of upload is bad? The reason why it is lower is that Sprint B41 LTE is TDD and not FDD. TDD uses the same spectrum slice for uplink and downlink, separating them only by time which is operating at any given moment. FDD uses separate spectrum slices for uplink and downlink.

The biggest disadvantage of TDD LTE is that it reduces uplink throughput speeds at the benefit of downlink speeds. Sprint is using a 3:2 downlink:uplink ratio in its TDD LTE. So in any given 5 second period, 3 seconds total would be spent on downlink and 2 seconds on uplink.

In 99% of smartphone uplink use, no one will notice the difference between 10Mbps upload and 30Mbps upload. For most people and most situations, it is better to have faster download. In some ways it's a shame with FDD to waste an equal sized uplink channel when so much less uplink is utilized. Some may consider TDD a much more effective use of spectrum.

In running S4GRU, I do a lot more uploading than most people do. My AT&T hotspot runs between 1-2Mbps on the upload and that can be painful sometimes. My VZW hotspot upload runs between 6-8Mbps, and that works very well. The B41 upload speeds exceed the average of my VZW hotspot. I think for the most part people are going to be very happy with that.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

10-15Mbps of upload is bad? The reason why it is lower is that Sprint B41 LTE is TDD and not FDD. TDD uses the same spectrum slice for uplink and downlink, separating them only by time which is operating at any given moment. FDD uses separate spectrum slices for uplink and downlink.The biggest disadvantage of TDD LTE is that it reduces uplink throughput speeds at the benefit of downlink speeds. Sprint is using a 3:2 downlink:uplink ratio in its TDD LTE. So in any given 5 second period, 3 seconds total would be spent on downlink and 2 seconds on uplink.In 99% of smartphone uplink use, no one will notice the difference between 10Mbps upload and 30Mbps upload. For most people and most situations, it is better to have faster download. In some ways it's a shame with FDD to waste an equal sized uplink channel when so much less uplink is utilized. Some may consider TDD a much more effective use of spectrum.In running S4GRU, I do a lot more uploading than most people do. My AT&T hotspot runs between 1-2Mbps on the upload and that can be painful sometimes. My VZW hotspot upload runs between 6-8Mbps, and that works very well. The B41 upload speeds exceed the average of my VZW hotspot. I think for the most part people are going to be very happy with that.Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting info. And sorry I didn't mean bad.

• Like 1

Sorry for the tardiness but here are two pics of the equipment I believe was replaced off of hwy 99 and Sheldon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuonz39q413c5g9/Photo%20Feb%2022%2C%2010%2030%2006%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcp1vs3n9imq58l/Photo%20Feb%2022%2C%2010%2031%2019%20AM.jpg

Does that happen to be by a Winco and/or Veterinarian?

Does that happen to be by a Winco and/or Veterinarian?

Both. Where do you think Winco gets its 'quality meats' from?

;)

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk