Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Hey im new to this site but have been following for quite some time. I live on the border between south sac and elk grove but I work on florin rd and have noticed a dramatic increase in dropped calls/bars and uunbelievably slow 3g speeds im getting anxious haha

Hey im new to this site but have been following for quite some time. I live on the border between south sac and elk grove but I work on florin rd and have noticed a dramatic increase in dropped calls/bars and uunbelievably slow 3g speeds im getting anxious haha

I don't think any actual work has been done, you may be experiencing typical Sprint service. Lol I live in your area also. :ninja:

I went from PRL 5015 to 2000. I'm not sure what the hell happened here. 

Any difference ? My Evo LTE is still on 25015

:edit: then again I'm not in Davis.

Edited by Kevin47Pr

:) does that mean you can go to roseville and get LTE? where is it?

It means one can find LTE signal potentially anywhere from Modesto all the way north to the oregon border or from Dixon east to Sparks Nevada. This 4G acceptance site means that the Sacramento MSC (switch) is ready to go and that new Network Vision sites can be connected to it pronto. 

Anyways, this is the first cell site formally accepted for 4G and it's located around Theiles Manor near the Union Pacific Roseville Railyard. It's going to be a small area due to the high density population around Sacramento so it'll be configured for capacity and not range. I'd estimate probably a mile or two in radius. 3G is not accepted and  probably won't be until the rest of the area have enough upgrades to cluster launch. 

By the way, this site HAS NOT BEEN MAPPED.IT IS NOT ON SENSORLY SO HAVE YOUR SENSORLY APP RUNNING AND MAPPING.

RTcQizZ.jpg

My heart jumped when I saw this. I didn't think any work was gonna start before July! How long does it take for a current production rate estimate?

The production rate estimate vary depending on how much sites are accepted every time an acceptance reports comes in. It's in no way related to how fast contractors are working. It just means how many sites are ready and is inspected and accepted.  I'd say we'll see NV sites accepted every few days now in increasing numbers. 

I was in Dixon on Thursday at the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery for my Dad's funeral and was picking up LTE. I just figured that was part of the Bay Area market or it was coming from Vacaville which I know has LTE.

Hmmm... I wonder when someone will go out to that area around that accepted site and start mapping with sensorly... hmmm

Just drove through today and couldn't pick up any LTE signals. But Roseville had a major outage for a week or two and now the network for 3G here is reading as ERHPD instead of EVDO rev A. Seems like we're pretty close to seeing some LTE

Just drove through today and couldn't pick up any LTE signals. But Roseville had a major outage for a week or two and now the network for 3G here is reading as ERHPD instead of EVDO rev A. Seems like we're pretty close to seeing some LTE

Did you toggle airplane mode around there or just drive by? Some phones have really long signal checking cycles once they learn to not search for 4G due to the lack of 4G signal that can only be fixed by a quick toggle. Still, an outage in Roseville means work is going on since most sites are on monopoles and need to be hot swapped. Bleh, if only we had more sponsors in that area..

Did you toggle airplane mode around there or just drive by? Some phones have really long signal checking cycles once they learn to not search for 4G due to the lack of 4G signal that can only be fixed by a quick toggle. Still, an outage in Roseville means work is going on since most sites are on monopoles and need to be hot swapped. Bleh, if only we had more sponsors in that area..

I sat there, did a prl update, and toggled the LTE mode. I'm thinking the tower is still in testing mode, but in most areas it's still down. I've noticed better 3G in places that started going back up

I sat there, did a prl update, and toggled the LTE mode. I'm thinking the tower is still in testing mode, but in most areas it's still down. I've noticed better 3G in places that started going back up

OIC, it might be one of the rare 4G accepted sites that are not  broadcasting immediately after acceptance. About 90% of the time 4G accepted sites are broadcasting but some times it's not. Damn, if only you were a sponsor I could send you off to 4 different roseville towers with permits issued to check if work is going on... Anyways. Thanks for checking today. Keep a watch on that area! 

• Like 1

Haha I just drove by denios here in roseville and got lte 21 down and 6 up

AHH yes start going sensorly mapping around that area and head to theiles manor!

QlQlY8t.png

*Looks at your device listed*

uh... hmm... maybe not..

It seems like there's more then 1 tower up. Because I drove all the way from denios up to 80 and riverside and had lte. And every time I drove by a tower I had 5 bars I think there's like 2 or 3 towers up

Could be. If you have the chance and free time, can you go check the other addresses in my permit maps and get images? That way we can confirm if the stated Roseville outage is really network vision work and that other sites are in testing.