Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I got it too, but looks like a general message :-. Never lose hope.

I don't have anymore hope to lose with Sprint. It can only get better.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I'm expecting at a minimum of at least a dozen to two dozen + permits issued / applied when the May monthly reports are given next week but alas I can't check everything so here's a request for those whom it may apply to.

These are the areas where I cannot find any information about online.

• Redding,CA
  • Rocklin, CA
  • Rancho Cordova,CA
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
  • Auburn, CA
  • Arcata, CA
  • Woodland, CA
  • Stockton, CA
  • Galt, CA
  • Folsom, CA
  • Diamond Springs, CA
  • Rocklin, CA
  • Lincoln, CA
  • Oroville, CA
  • Paradise, CA
  • Truckee, CA
  • Dixon, CA

If anyone's interested in these areas (or their own areas) than they'll need to call up the building services department (or whatever local variant there is) and ask for information on any permit applications / issuance for telecommunications work. City governments are obligated to inform the citizenry about these things and they seldom reject requests for information as long as you ask nicely.

Have funs!

Gettin sick of sprint. With the option to maybe get out with no etf thinking about going to Verizon

It's your choice if you want to support the duopoly which has almost 75% of the sacramento market in their hands but you do what you need to do. I've seen Verizon drop from 30+ mbps a year ago to 5-10 mbps on average and many areas now under 5 mbps at peak times and continuously decreasing. 

All I and the rest of the members here can do is to keep people informed about the progress in the markets. 

It's been well over a year that reps in store and online keep promising only 2 or 3 months for LTE. Sprint has the slow 3G out of any provider. To do anything on my phone I have to be connected to wifi. It's horrible and they still add the $10 a month per line for the worst data speeds......

Sprints past is what brought em down now, I would glady support this green company as long as Verizon goes down! I hate those money hungry hogs. AT&T isn't so bad competition wise right?

• Like 1

It's been well over a year that reps in store and online keep promising only 2 or 3 months for LTE. Sprint has the slow 3G out of any provider. To do anything on my phone I have to be connected to wifi. It's horrible and they still add the $10 a month per line for the worst data speeds......

There's a reason this site exists. We give the cold hard facts and not an optimistic outlooks / sales pitch. We have no motivation to get anyone to stay with Sprint via lies  as many of the untrained sprint sales people often do.

The fact is the market has begun and deployment in this region is underway and will not stop until all sites are finished. I personally track the progress of applications, issuance, and in progress sites via my own personal research and updates given by Robert (S4GRU) and guarantee we will see LTE somewhere around Sacramento by the end of june / early july. 

• Like 1

I totally agree. But LTE is being deployed right now, that's a fact. I hear a lot of stuff come out of the mouths of carrier employees and it's hardly only Sprint.

And as proof that I'm not spitting out "bullshit" ...here is one of the recent permits that Sprint has put through for Network Vision upgrades in Sacramento. This is but one of many that I'm tracking and will be tracking till the market is complete.

IOB97KF.png

• Like 4

And as proof that I'm not spitting out "bullshit" ...here is one of the recent permits that Sprint has put through for Network Vision upgrades in Sacramento. This is but one of many that I'm tracking and will be tracking till the market is complete.

IOB97KF.png

I notice that this permit lists a few extras compared to the ones issued in Lodi... does this mean that the tower you posted is just a higher volume (which I'm sure it is) or that the ones in Lodi will not be LTE?

I guess a better question would be... How do we know that an upgrade is going to be for LTE and not general network improvement like better 3g?

I notice that this permit lists a few extras compared to the ones issued in Lodi... does this mean that the tower you posted is just a higher volume (which I'm sure it is) or that the ones in Lodi will not be LTE?

I guess a better question would be... How do we know that an upgrade is going to be for LTE and not general network improvement like better 3g?

I do not see what you're speaking of. All the permits in which an actual decent explanation is given states the the requisite 2 new base stations, 3 antennas, 6 rrus, coaxial cables, and new GPS antenna. That's a typical Samsung network vision setup. Some applications are just a bit more detailed or less detailed  but these are the core components. 

Virtually every full build site will get LTE. Pretty much only the GMO sites are being held back at this time. GMO sites typically do not need permits in most areas. So if you see a site in the permit process, we can say with 99% certainty it will get LTE. It may take awhile until the appropriate backhaul arrives.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So we really cant be sure if a gmo is being deployed? And at what times do workers typically work on said towers?

-GMO's are and have been being deployed. Majority are situated along the highways to South Lake Tahoe & Reno in the Sierra Nevadas. Robert gets updates (rarely nowadays for some reason) when his source reports them.

- any time where the weather permits and they feel like working.

I know the people I know in the field do ground work stuff during night a lot. And tower people work during the day, tower climbers weather permitting.

I can't wait to see what comes next month with building permits and info on LTE. Waiting for that sponsor thread map to start to light up next month.  :tu:

Gotta wait till probably the end of next week knowing how slow these municipalities take things. Probably have the Nevada ones on monday or tuesday though as they're super fast on posting their reports. Reno has already issued the permits for almost half of sprints cell sites in that area. Reno blitz is all but confirmed.

• Like 1

Gotta wait till probably the end of next week knowing how slow these municipalities take things. Probably have the Nevada ones on monday or tuesday though as they're super fast on posting their reports. Reno has already issued the permits for almost half of sprints cell sites in that area. Reno blitz is all but confirmed.

Good for Reno I guess.  :rolleyes: That does me no good though. lol. 

Good for Reno I guess.  :rolleyes: That does me no good though. lol. 

Gotta admit though. It's pretty impressive what Sprint can do when the local government and the contractors work together fluidly and without delay.

uPbpH62.png

I'm going to see my friend Monday to set up his S4. I am going to see what's up with getting that radio tech job. I had a interview with Best Buy mobile today but they said they would call tonight and I don't think they are calling. I swear, I have no idea how to get a job. I must be terrible at interviews, but I know I would be one of the best employees they would have if I could just get the damn job. So frustrating. I guess I just need to be grateful that I at least have part time work, a lot of people don't have that. 

I'm going to see my friend Monday to set up his S4. I am going to see what's up with getting that radio tech job. I had a interview with Best Buy mobile today but they said they would call tonight and I don't think they are calling. I swear, I have no idea how to get a job. I must be terrible at interviews, but I know I would be one of the best employees they would have if I could just get the damn job. So frustrating. I guess I just need to be grateful that I at least have part time work, a lot of people don't have that.

Interviews are all about psychology. If the person interviewing you seems secure and confident, then they are basically looking for people who act like them. They are secure in themselves, and like themselves and want to hire people who are like them. If the person interviewing you seems insecure, then you are looking for someone with qualities different from them. They seem to think that many people are better than they are.

If you come across an insecure person who is paranoid...run!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Best of Luck on the interview, Jay! I'm really looking forward to this July. The wait has been long, but well worth it. Can't say I've seen any improvement yet, but I've stayed in Eastern Davis (mostly in my house) for the past two weeks; so maybe that's just me. 

• Like 1

As I see other markets rise up, this thread is being buried due to the lack of attention =( depression. UCV needs some love dammit. Why can't Samsung work double time!

*looks at the sponsor permit thread that I'm updating every other day*

Not really. Will get busy as more areas give permit reports... 

First permits issued over @ modesto :P

6MguKpV.png