Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while. Just joined to share this link from sprint's forums:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/587235

First 'evidence' of 4G being live in the Sacramento area as far as I know (provided that this is true).

Is it possible that this is only wimax 4g?

EDIT: The guy says that he was activating an S4 so I guess this would be 4g lte since the galaxy S4 is unable to do wimax.

It's true the first LTE tower went live last week in Roseville. Become a sponsor to see all the sites that have building permits and everything being worked on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

It's true the first LTE tower went live last week in Roseville. Become a sponsor to see all the sites that have building permits and everything being worked on.

That's awesome. I didn't know that.

I was literally about to jump ship to verizon last week but came back to check on this thread one last time to see if there was any new info. I have decided to wait longer and see how this turns out.

Ever since I tasted 4g lte while working in the bay (I got 31 megs down in Fairfield which I'm sure it not typical but it sure did make me grin) last fall/winter I've been extremely irritated on how poor the 3G data rates are in Sacramento, especially downtown Sac where I only get 30-50k most of the time.

That's awesome. I didn't know that.

I was literally about to jump ship to verizon last week but came back to check on this thread one last time to see if there was any new info. I have decided to wait longer and see how this turns out.

Ever since I tasted 4g lte while working in the bay (I got 31 megs down in Fairfield which I'm sure it not typical but it sure did make me grin) last fall/winter I've been extremely irritated on how poor the 3G data rates are in Sacramento, especially downtown Sac where I only get 30-50k most of the time.

Where the heck where you lurking when i announced the first 4G LTE accepted cell site a few days ago? =|

Sent from my SPH-D710

Where the heck where you lurking when i announced the first 4G LTE accepted cell site a few days ago? =|

Sent from my SPH-D710

Don't know. All I know is that in this thread I saw some people talking about how work had already begun on upgrading towers in the area. I haven't seen anything that said any 4g lte towers have gone live though. I must have missed it.

What does "accepted" cell site mean?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Don't know. All I know is that in this thread I saw some people talking about how work had already begun on upgrading towers in the area. I haven't seen anything that said any 4g lte towers have gone live though. I must have missed it.

What does "accepted" cell site mean?

Accepted means physical work is signed off by a sprint inspector and that the technology they signed off on is working properly. Once an acceptance occurs, sprint officially adds it into the care of their network management teams (Ericsson), the contractor gets paid, and another site can be worked on as the crew is now free.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Put up a couple better photos of that tower in Citrus Heights. Also put what I got back from the City Clerk. Not sure it's much help though.

AHHH YES! Much thanks! Two of the 4 are for Sprint and are now marked on my maps!

AHHH YES! Much thanks! Two of the 4 are for Sprint and are now marked on my maps!

I found it weird that the address on lichen is for the Raleys across the street. Is that normal? Also, if you wouldn't mind, which is the other sprint one?

Actually, I just saw that two of them say t-mobile.

Edited by tilltheend

I found it weird that the address on lichen is for the Raleys across the street. Is that normal? Also, if you wouldn't mind, which is the other sprint one?

Actually, I just saw that two of them say t-mobile.

Typically its a parcel and its really hard to get the address correctly since they don't typically show it. I used the Sacramento County GIS Parcel Viewer to find the address that the site is on. 

To figure out if it's sprint, always look for a valuation of $20,000 or more and them stating they're going to modify or replace equipment. Sprint is the only one replacing everything, the rest of the providers are just adding antennas & calling it a day. 

> Sunrise Blvd

Typically its a parcel and its really hard to get the address correctly since they don't typically show it. I used the Sacramento County GIS Parcel Viewer to find the address that the site is on. 

To figure out if it's sprint, always look for a valuation of $20,000 or more and them stating they're going to modify or replace equipment. Sprint is the only one replacing everything, the rest of the providers are just adding antennas & calling it a day. 

> Sunrise Blvd

Would the first site need to be signed off for them to move to the second one? Just wondering if I should bother checking the other one out soon.

Would the first site need to be signed off for them to move to the second one? Just wondering if I should bother checking the other one out soon.

Once the permit is issued, work can begin any day by the contractors. So sure, if you want to. You might find something there too!

Edit: Thought I'd also give you guys another peak at the permit map i have in the sponsors area... :)

bWyihTk.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while. Just joined to share this link from sprint's forums:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/587235

First 'evidence' of 4G being live in the Sacramento area as far as I know (provided that this is true).

Is it possible that this is only wimax 4g?

EDIT: The guy says that he was activating an S4 so I guess this would be 4g lte since the galaxy S4 is unable to do wimax.

Definitely LTE.  My wife works in that coverage zone.  The past couple days, she's taking full advantage showing co-workers how fast internet loads, calling me to test Facetime, etc.  We both have iPhone 5's and it says LTE instead of 3G when a LTE signal is found.

Man, looking at lilotimz's map, Rocklin/Lincoln have like 1 Sprint tower.  That's pathetic.  And very bizarre that in my neighborhood (well, the Eastern half of south Lincoln also), only Sprint works when the nearest tower looks to be all the way down on Blue Oaks on Industrial or so.

Edited by codex57

Definitely LTE.  My wife works in that coverage zone.  The past couple days, she's taking full advantage showing co-workers how fast internet loads, calling me to test Facetime, etc.  We both have iPhone 5's and it says LTE instead of 3G when a LTE signal is found.

Man, looking at lilotimz's map, Rocklin/Lincoln have like 1 Sprint tower.  That's pathetic.  And very bizarre that in my neighborhood (well, the Eastern half of south Lincoln also), only Sprint works when the nearest tower looks to be all the way down on Blue Oaks on Industrial or so.

I can't find Rocklin permits online so I don't know what's going on over there. All the sites marked near Rocklin is part of Incorporated Roseville city or unincorporated Sacramento County. North & East of Rocklin is part of Placer County or Nevada County. 

I'm hoping that they properly cover the 50 corridor from Folsom to Downtown.

I really want to be able to listen to spotify on my route to and from work without hiccups. 3G was working most of the way before and has been getting worse and worse. It looks like they are in progress in Rancho according to the yellow marker on lilotimz post up above so I'm guessing that's why things have degraded so badly.

I just hope that single tower it will have the range to cover from Rosement to Folsom. I don't know much about effective range but that looks like a large swath of land to cover for a single tower.

I'm hoping that they properly cover the 50 corridor from Folsom to Downtown.

I really want to be able to listen to spotify on my route to and from work without hiccups. 3G was working most of the way before and has been getting worse and worse. It looks like they are in progress in Rancho according to the yellow marker on lilotimz post up above so I'm guessing that's why things have degraded so badly.

I just hope that single tower it will have the range to cover from Rosement to Folsom. I don't know much about effective range but that looks like a large swath of land to cover for a single tower.

Rancho is under active deployment for sure. I also don't have permit information for rancho Cordova and that in progress site was reported by someone. I also don't have permit info for folsom either :(

Sent from my SPH-D710

I can't find Rocklin permits online so I don't know what's going on over there. All the sites marked near Rocklin is part of Incorporated Roseville city or unincorporated Sacramento County. North & East of Rocklin is part of Placer County or Nevada County. 

So what do you ask for to find out about permits in these cities that don't post online?  You have a sample script or something?  Rocklin's likely on the slow end anyways, as is Lincoln (internal fraud pretty much has that city near bankruptcy so being run on a skeleton crew).  I'll see if I can swing by sometime during business hours.

Does County matter?  I mean, Upper Central Valley covers a pretty broad area doesn't it?  Roseville is part of Placer County, as is Rocklin, Lincoln, Newcastle, Loomis, Auburn, etc.  I'm not even sure where Nevada County starts but I don't think it's near any major population zone.

Edited by codex57

So what do you ask for to find out about permits in these cities that don't post online?  You have a sample script or something?  Rocklin's likely on the slow end anyways, as is Lincoln (internal fraud pretty much has that city near bankruptcy so being run on a skeleton crew).  I'll see if I can swing by sometime during business hours.

Does County matter?  I mean, Upper Central Valley covers a pretty broad area doesn't it?  Roseville is part of Placer County, as is Rocklin, Lincoln, Newcastle, Loomis, Auburn, etc.  I'm not even sure where Nevada County starts but I don't think it's near any major population zone.

Lincoln is still having all of those problems? Even the school district that I used to work at (WPUSD) out there had problems. The old superintendent years ago was embezzling and they had to cut the budget to make up for the millions that were misappropriated and I almost lost my job in the process. I left anyway when I realized that since I almost got laid off, there was no way I was getting promoted or a raise in pay.

So what do you ask for to find out about permits in these cities that don't post online? You have a sample script or something? Rocklin's likely on the slow end anyways, as is Lincoln (internal fraud pretty much has that city near bankruptcy so being run on a skeleton crew). I'll see if I can swing by sometime during business hours.

Does County matter? I mean, Upper Central Valley covers a pretty broad area doesn't it? Roseville is part of Placer County, as is Rocklin, Lincoln, Newcastle, Loomis, Auburn, etc. I'm not even sure where Nevada County starts but I don't think it's near any major population zone.

Lol. My brothers friend since high school is the mayor of Lincoln. The Upper Central Valley is a huge Market. It's anywhere from Stockton to Oregon, from Dixon to Reno and beyond.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

10 counties and 18 cities that I have the opportunity to track. The lowest border of the upper central valley is the bottom of stanislaus county in Turlock. Furthest north is the Oregon border. Furthest west is along i80 in Dixon, CA and the furthest east is in Sparks, Nevada. More than 500 cell sites to track of which 155 has permits applied, pending, issued, or work in progress, or accepted. Trust me. If it can be found online, I've probably found it and put it on my map. :D

If you wish to find the building permit in your municipality, you need to contact the Building Inspection (or whatever) division or the city clerk and request information on Telecommunication, antenna, cell site, cell tower, or any of the variations. They are obligated to provide that information to you via state law. 

Rocklin is this... http://www.rocklin.ca.us/depts/develop/building/default.asp

Folsom is this... http://www.folsom.ca.us/depts/community_development/building/default.asp

Rancho Cordova is this... http://www.cityofranchocordova.org/index.aspx?page=41

http://db.tt/2xKoZ1rH

http://db.tt/zoeLM8t0

http://db.tt/Odh9S6b0

http://db.tt/HJgnFawO

Pretty sure this is sprint work being done on this tower... Sorry for the crappy camera... Using my HTC One but those are Samsung boxes that they had out. Not exactly sure what they were. Could be RRU's?

http://db.tt/2xKoZ1rH

http://db.tt/zoeLM8t0

http://db.tt/Odh9S6b0

http://db.tt/HJgnFawO

Pretty sure this is sprint work being done on this tower... Sorry for the crappy camera... Using my HTC One but those are Samsung boxes that they had out. Not exactly sure what they were. Could be RRU's?

Please do. Only sprint uses Samsung gear in any of their deployments. Verification required! Much thanks! I know exactly where this tower is...