Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Sweet! What do I win? I have video #2 showing the cross streets, but I can just tell you it was coloma rd and McGregor here in Rancho Cordova. so I'm still trying to figure out why they haven't flipped the switch? Any ideas?

You win the award of probably getting the first LTE signal in the market in the coming weeks! I've already marked it on my progress map. We have the exact locations of every Sprint cell site in the entire nation in every market and it's not that hard for any of us to easily determine where cell sites are given an approximate location.

If the backhaul is ready at that site, I'll say it'll be up and running in 2-3 weeks. In your video, the contractors were removing the old PCS antennas. The coaxial cables to the base stations were rolled up in second rack so all they need to do is to install the new panels and RRU's and hook it up. That should take about a working week. 

-- Some crews are just unfriendly when they're in the middle of something and someone comes up and yells at them so they probably just wanted you to leave. It's always best to play dumb and ask them what they're doing so they can feel like a superior and "teach" you about their work. 

• Like 1

On sprints network upgrade site, Sacramento California had 91 upgrades...now its down to 86, can anyone explain this bizzare black magic? Unless they're just decommissioning towers or something.

On sprints network upgrade site, Sacramento California had 91 upgrades...now its down to 86, can anyone explain this bizzare black magic? Unless they're just decommissioning towers or something.

The map shows upgrades in the last 6 months not forever.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Oh lol so the upgrades from anything beyond 6 months are not taken into account? I was losing my marbles over this.

Yes. Sometimes they change the zoom level to. I went to the site a while back and it looked like they built a bunch of new towers near me, I got very excited. Then I realized the default zoom level was backed out a little. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720

The Sprint maps includes both legacy bandaid fixes and Network Vision progress. Virtually every one of those listed is legacy band aid fixes and there's no way to positively discern the difference. Only guarantee is Roberts sources.

I was supposed to go to Dublin on Saturday with him but I had to work. Turns out I didn't work so I was upset about that. More so that my boss to me 4 hours before work that we weren't working. And I know it's because he didn't check his email and see that they didn't need us. He does that stuff a lot.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was supposed to go to Dublin on Saturday with him but I had to work. Turns out I didn't work so I was upset about that. More so that my boss to me 4 hours before work that we weren't working. And I know it's because he didn't check his email and see that they didn't need us. He does that stuff a lot.

Move to sponsor / private chat. This is getting a little to specific for public views!

So much censorship, LET ME IN ON YOUR SECRETS...naow..please. or wait for me to donate one day!

Heh! Some things are best not said in public areas for all to see. :P

Heh! Some things are best not said in public areas for all to see. :P

So what can be said for the sacramentonians? LTE wise? I feel like there's nothing else to do but wait patiently.

So what can be said for the sacramentonians? LTE wise? I feel like there's nothing else to do but wait patiently.

Better hope that the contractors file their building permit applications correctly and follow through on payments for inspection fees. Every application so far has something wrong or missing which prevents issuance and any work from beginning. 

It won't be long. Typically takes 2-3 weeks to get building permits if everything is done correctly and the fees are paid. Keep having the same mistakes on applications and I envision the contractors will get fired and new ones hired that know how to do things around these parts.

Note ** This is for Sacramento, the city, itself. The surrounding localities to the east, northeast may be separated into their own little municipalities with its own rules and departments. Work may or may not be undergoing deployment in those areas as we speak but I do not have knowledge of it. Most of them are too lazy to post building permits online or requires fees to see said building permits...

I live in North Highlands. I keep my eye out on every tower when I'm driving around, I have yet to see anyone working on anything. And I'm guessing this city doesn't post info on building permits online. But it will be good to see towers in other nearby cities getting worked on especially if it's a main crossover tower for the area.

Woop woop! Sprint just sent me a message saying the all new network is coming near me. South Sacramento here. Anyone else getthis message via Sprint News app?

Ya buddy! Posted Image