Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

That's awesome where is this tower at?

Check the map I have and look for that lone point in Rancho Cordova. :P

Side note- If they're working in Rancho Cordova then they're working in Lodi, Davis, Yuba City, Elk Grove, Reno, Carson City, etc etc! Most exciting!

How much do I donate for some goodies? It is niceto have a site that has the inside scoop on everything sprint. Love how I remember this site by 'real facts reign here' idk when ill be able to donate but if I set a time frame ill be more inclined =/

How much do I donate for some goodies? It is niceto have a site that has the inside scoop on everything sprint. Love how I remember this site by 'real facts reign here' idk when ill be able to donate but if I set a time frame ill be more inclined =/

Anything above $1 (else paypal will take most of the money). Robert typically needs $20 per new sponsor but he appreciates anything and understands that the financial situation with many people aren't the best. 

Do anything you can. $5 or whatever.

Sent from my SPH-L720

I've got 2 kohls dusty old gift cards 36 dollars total, was gonna call and see if I can buy a visa or somethin. So what exactly is being issued, building permits or permits to work on the towers or what?

I've got 2 kohls dusty old gift cards 36 dollars total, was gonna call and see if I can buy a visa or somethin. So what exactly is being issued, building permits or permits to work on the towers or what?

Well you kinda need building permits in order to work on a tower :P

You can tell I'm a total noob at this. I only got into the 3g 4g thing recently due to internet service providers. So they could finish working anytime between the datethe permit was issued and 180days?

Edited by Kevin47Pr

You can tell I'm a total noob at this. I only got into the 3g 4g thing recently due to tethering and gaming. So they could finish working anytime between the datethe permit was issued and 180days?

Yep. Samsung typically gets a 4G signal up and running after 30-45 days of beginning work on a cell site. They bring up 4g first and then 3g upgrades later on in clusters to minimize impact to users as they need to adjust the settings to match that of legacy equipment and prevent dropped calls etc. 

Ehrm...thanks for the heads up, ill change that. Samsung works around here but are there any other providers?

:edit: i just realized I'm the only one mapping with sensorly in my area..depressing. 

Edited by Kevin47Pr

I checked the forum on where you would typically find towers, and I know I'm close to one when I'm getting -56 but I just can't see it so what exactly now am I looking for? 

A bunch of antennas on a tower or on a building. Sometimes they're on roofs or stealth sites which make it hard to find.

Is anyone at liberty to suggest an updated possible ETA estimate? last I had heard was by spring 2013 Sacramento would have lte but... well it's almost June

Congratulations! You found the first full build site in the Upper Central Valley!

Bottom rack is ATT with an LTE add with the single RRU. Second rack looks like some stuff that metro pcs uses. Top has legacy Sprint nortel antennas and it seems they're doing a hot swap of 1 to 1 panel replacement.

Great job!

Spring is when upgrades were confirmed to begin and it's been extremely accurate with the information I've found and the reports that are trickling in. June - July is when it's expected that the first full build cell sites will come online. Most of the work is to be done over the summer. 

• Like 1

Sweet! What do I win? I have video #2 showing the cross streets, but I can just tell you it was coloma rd and McGregor here in Rancho Cordova. so I'm still trying to figure out why they haven't flipped the switch? Any ideas?

Spring is when upgrades were confirmed to begin and it's been extremely accurate with the information I've found and the reports that are trickling in. June - July is when it's expected that the first full build cell sites will come online. Most of the work is to be done over the summer.