Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

really?  I'm sitting directly under the site right now and am on 3G.  I did a profile update and had LTE for about 3 seconds and went straight back to 3G, but that has been the behavior here for the past couple weeks.

Sounds like a eCSFB issue...force LTE only, it will probably stay connected..

Sounds like a eCSFB issue...force LTE only, it will probably stay connected..

Ahh Ericsson. 4 months in after NV 3g acceptance and still haven't pushed the ecsfb update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I see, I figured it would have happened as soon as the NV launch happened.  Either way, Even forcing LTE didn't connect me to the new tower immediately.  I got within 15 feet of the tower before I actually connected to it (jumped from 0 bars on LTE to 5 bars) and now I can connect to it from anywhere perfectly fine.

I see, I figured it would have happened as soon as the NV launch happened. Either way, Even forcing LTE didn't connect me to the new tower immediately. I got within 15 feet of the tower before I actually connected to it (jumped from 0 bars on LTE to 5 bars) and now I can connect to it from anywhere perfectly fine.

Probably site optimization and testing is going on.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I see, I figured it would have happened as soon as the NV launch happened.  Either way, Even forcing LTE didn't connect me to the new tower immediately.  I got within 15 feet of the tower before I actually connected to it (jumped from 0 bars on LTE to 5 bars) and now I can connect to it from anywhere perfectly fine.

So wait, it did connect to LTE on its own? Then it was just a matter of scan time. Also, the only way you will connect to LTE automatically is if your phone is idle, if your phone is busy syncing or doing anything data related it will not scan for LTE or anything else.

So wait, it did connect to LTE on its own? Then it was just a matter of scan time. Also, the only way you will connect to LTE automatically is if your phone is idle, if your phone is busy syncing or doing anything data related it will not scan for LTE or anything else.

No, not on its own.  I had been connecting to either a tower in Dixon or the one in East Davis normally with an extremely weak signal when I forced LTE.  Even today, until I got really close to the tower, I was connected to that weak tower.  Now with forced LTE I am connecting to the UCD tower, instead of the other one.

Hmm...sounds like either an ecsfb issue or site optimizations/testing being done. It should get on the accepted sites list soon then you will have to see if you can connect to LTE without forcing it.

Davis has eCSFB issues still.

Is there a map that shows where Band 26 is active? is it the Premier Sponsor map?

Yes premier sponsor. Damn Ericsson still haven't pushed the ecsfb update to Davis or elk Grove. So incompetent they are...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes premier sponsor. Damn Ericsson still haven't pushed the ecsfb update to Davis or elk Grove. So incompetent they are...

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm assuming they need to do the update on location right? otherwise it would be extremely easy to avoid this situation.  At least if they actually have to get out there they can have some sort of excuse as to why it hasn't been done.

I'm assuming they need to do the update on location right? otherwise it would be extremely easy to avoid this situation. At least if they actually have to get out there they can have some sort of excuse as to why it hasn't been done.

The do it remotely via software update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't want to beat a dead horse but the last day of Summer is September 21st. That's 5 months away. Do you think California will be done with NV 1.0 by then?

No way.

It'll be done when it will. This market and ALL of California has had so many delays and issues that pushed back the timeline tremendously.

By the end of summer, Sept 21 I expect this market and/or majority of California to be majority (80-90%) finished. Don't see California being 100% finished with NV 1.0 in 5 months.

Just check out the progress made in the SF Bay, South Bay, North LA, Orange County, Metro LA, Riverside/SB, San Diego, UCV, and LCV markets. A whole of work left to do in California's 9 markets.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but the last day of Summer is September 21st. That's 5 months away. Do you think California will be done with NV 1.0 by then?

Done? No. Will most sites have equipment by then? Probably. Will most areas have LTE by then? Probably, but only because it doesn't take 100% of sites to give 100% coverage. Though Sacramento might be pushing that window, if they don't get moving on installs soon.

• Like 1

All good info. Thanks guys. I'm not far from the Sacramento border but I live in Elk Grove.  It seems like we're progressing nicely in Elk Grove so I don't care much about how slow Sacramento is moving though it would be nice to see some work being done there.  It's fun watching things happen in the Sponsor Forums :)

I am getting lte on my N5 without forcing lte. Did they finally push ecsfb updates. I am near Calvine and Power Inn

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Juned