Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Where are the towers in rancho? I work over there and can swing by

Exact locations are sponsors only but these sites are along lincoln highway / us route 50, coloma street, and folsom blvd. Maybe go visit the one at rossmoor shopping center that another member saw work being done.

What 5 hours of boredom at night can make one do...

a17alQy.png

Wow you are a beast! Sadly the two cities that I actually live in (Fresno and Stockton) don't seem to keep their building permit records online. I'm really dying to find out if they've been applied/approved yet, but I'm hoping that all this progress in the surrounding areas means that things are progessing quickly everywhere and the only hold up would be the cities themselves. I know Fresno was left out of the Wimax coverage, but I never got a reasonable answer as to why (not that it matters now). 

Wow you are a beast! Sadly the two cities that I actually live in (Fresno and Stockton) don't seem to keep their building permit records online. I'm really dying to find out if they've been applied/approved yet, but I'm hoping that all this progress in the surrounding areas means that things are progessing quickly everywhere and the only hold up would be the cities themselves. I know Fresno was left out of the Wimax coverage, but I never got a reasonable answer as to why (not that it matters now). 

I actually saw quite a few clearwire applications in the historic reports dating from mid 2010. I think that was the point where they ran out of money...

Anyways.  Stockton permits need to be requested in person which stinks but at least the county reports gives a good indication for that area.

First permit issued for a sacramento cell site (south sac mack road).... :)

W00t i live dangerously close to this location, almost like they heard my calls. I should just sit at mcdonalds and stare out the window. :D

This is what happens when the temperatures outside exceed 105 degrees and you don't feel like doing much physical activity...

That is approximately 92 cell sites in the market of around ~500 that is in various stages of progress. Good stuff I say.

wcNstoI.png

• Like 1

This is what happens when the temperatures outside exceed 105 degrees and you don't feel like doing much physical activity...

That is approximately 92 cell sites in the market of around 250-300 that is in various stages of progress. Good stuff I say.

wcNstoI.png

Yes, good to see the North and North East part of the greater Sacramento area getting work done.

There's most likely more in in citrus heights, folsom, and rancho cordova but they dont post permits online. Also definitely out east along HWY 50 as well as they post only weekly permit reports & doesn't show the reports from before.

• Like 1

Thought I'd give lil update on the status of my map...

So far, approximately 101 cell sites are either in progress or in various stages of applications for building permits.

ztfe2rh.png

• Like 1

Thought I'd give lil update on the status of my map...

So far, approximately 101 cell sites are either in progress or in various stages of applications for building permits.

Yep its on. Can't wait to see that 4g signal pop up on my phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's what I'm talking about!  That's why I stuck with Sprint.  I like the company.  My 3G speeds are atrocious, but I just needed a little hope.  Seeing concrete examples now that the hope is turning into reality.  And fast too!

My last hope is that the one tower even remotely near me puts out a much better signal (or they do micro cells or whatever they need to do).  But it seems Sprint is the only one (possibly T-Mobile) even using that tower so I really don't have much of a choice I guess.

what do the time frames look like from applying for permit to approving the permit to the tower being worked on and completed?

Usually weeks to a month. It depends how fast the fees are paid and the city. Its usually pretty quick by the time someone finds the permit by searching online.

Most City of Sacramento ones take about 3 weeks minimum while unincorporated Sacramento county (ala Arden-Arcade, Orangvale, North Highlands, North Natomas, Antelope, Carmichael, Vineyard, etc) ones are pretty quick. Most were applied in april / may with the early birds being march. Taking advantage of county GIS data to locate exact addresses now... up to 120 applied / pending / issued in the market of approximately 500. Total applications cover about 21%ish of known cell sites in the market. 

Once the permit is issued though... nobody knows. If other markets are any indication, some crews can finish everything in a few days and have it accepted in a week or two. Other times, it can take weeks, even months to get everything done (the longest was 15 months).

gLoknkY.png

• Like 2

Let's hope this gets fired up by July. But I will take the 3g improvements sooner. At least then I can use data while not on WiFi.

• Like 1

I'm almost certain this is a sprint tower. It's located at 216 s sacramento st, lodi ca

I'm not sure what work, if anything, has been done on it, but I figured I'd share these photos for analysis since the permit has been applied for.. Well, I think it's this tower, it may be another one close by. Can anyone confirm?

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/j0hnnyCache/library/

Quality is not that great, but should be okay for a quick look :)

I'm almost certain this is a sprint tower. It's located at 216 s sacramento st, lodi ca

I'm not sure what work, if anything, has been done on it, but I figured I'd share these photos for analysis since the permit has been applied for.. Well, I think it's this tower, it may be another one close by. Can anyone confirm?

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/j0hnnyCache/library/

Quality is not that great, but should be okay for a quick look :)

Not Sprint. The sprint site is a bit down the road a couple of blocks on a far taller monopole. Check the my permit map for the address! Nice pictures btw.