Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

So this weekend I was plagued with lots of 1X and roaming phone signal. Battery life suffered pretty bad because of it. I stayed primarily in Natomas and downtown. Wondering is this is a prelude of something good to come. My understanding is that coverage becomes a little worse before it becomes a lot better.

So this weekend I was plagued with lots of 1X and roaming phone signal. Battery life suffered pretty bad because of it. I stayed primarily in Natomas and downtown. Wondering is this is a prelude of something good to come. My understanding is that coverage becomes a little worse before it becomes a lot better.

Sounds like normal coverage in my area. And most places around me. I only pay $30 a month or I would have been gone from this terrible service.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Edited by GiantJay

It'll come soon enough. Nearly every major municipality that I've checked up on has sprint NV permits applied (and i've uploaded them on my sponsor permit applied map). The only areas where I could not find anything are areas which I cannot find permit reports online.

Speaking of which... most of these applications have been accepted many days or weeks ago... I wonder if contractors began working yet.. ho hum...

*looks at Lodi, Reno, Yuba City....*

Speaking of which... these lazy bums haven't even uploaded their april permit reports yet... garh...

Dang, looks like my stupid city doesn't show permits online. I wonder if Roseville does cuz they're the big shot city around here and should have more money n be more sophisticated.

maybe...maybe not..

:rolleyes:

more details in the sponsor area..

z0DmuXj.png

• Like 1

It'll come soon enough. Nearly every major municipality that I've checked up on has sprint NV permits applied (and i've uploaded them on my sponsor permit applied map). The only areas where I could not find anything are areas which I cannot find permit reports online.

Speaking of which... most of these applications have been accepted many days or weeks ago... I wonder if contractors began working yet.. ho hum...

*looks at Lodi, Reno, Yuba City....*

Speaking of which... these lazy bums haven't even uploaded their april permit reports yet... garh...

Still anxious for lodi/stockton..

My buddy just sent me a speedtest from the bay.. 15/3 50ms ping.

SO STOKED. I finally won't mind paying what I do for cell service.

If there are any folks in Reno reading this thread, be on the lookout for cell tower / site work from Amtrak station going down Carson Reno Highway to the Comstock Park area. Got a line of cell sites that have permits issued and are ready to go for NV upgrades.

Edit: Be on the lookout for Triton contractors

• Like 1

If there are any folks in Reno reading this thread, be on the lookout for cell tower / site work from Amtrak station going down Carson Reno Highway to the Comstock Park area. Got a line of cell sites that have permits issued and are ready to go for NV upgrades.

Edit: Be on the lookout for Triton contractors

"Baby's in Reno with the Vitamin D."

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Hopefully Sprint decides to up their game big time in Sacramento since they sponsor the NBA and the kings are about to build a new arena here. I think that would be a smart move Sprint. :D

Sent from my SPH-L720

Edited by GiantJay

Eh... They'll need a DAS system in the new arena for sure. TDD-LTE 2500 sure sounds nice and will be a godsend when they come online later this year.

Meanwhile.. Nevada is beating California's ass permit wise lol.

So, Davis is forgotten huh? Well hopefully if Sac's getting permits, then we should get some soon enough. BTW Jay, thanks for the new profile inspiration! :D

You are now my arch villain game on. :D

Sent from my SPH-L720

So, Davis is forgotten huh? Well hopefully if Sac's getting permits, then we should get some soon enough. BTW Jay, thanks for the new profile inspiration!  :D

Davis is sort of a special case. There's really 3 cell sites that serve it but the edges are served by the rural sites which don't require much in terms of permits. Not to mention, city of davis permit search sucks .... meh.

But just to tease you... here's something :}

more specific details in the sponsor area

eDBZYbC.png

It's not the first time I've heard Davis referred to as a "Special Case."

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ran into one of our customers the other day.  Was pretty excited to hear that they are all over the upper central valley working on Network Vision for Sprint/Samsung.

They'd normally come in pretty consistantly, but since they've picked up this project they are using stuff that we normally don't stock.

Said its a pretty big project, but its comin!

• Like 1

For that map looking at Applied, Issued, In Progress - is that generally the progression it takes?

So the green drops near davis and south of elk grove mean that those towers are actually being worked on now and 4g should be working in those locations soon?

Do they turn on the 4g once the site is ready or do they wait and bring up a bunch at once?

I have read this whole thread but definitely not the whole forum. I am sure this is a basic question and i just missed it.

Thanks for the clarification

For that map looking at Applied, Issued, In Progress - is that generally the progression it takes?

So the green drops near davis and south of elk grove mean that those towers are actually being worked on now and 4g should be working in those locations soon?

Do they turn on the 4g once the site is ready or do they wait and bring up a bunch at once?

I have read this whole thread but definitely not the whole forum. I am sure this is a basic question and i just missed it.

Thanks for the clarification

As far as I know they would need to be a main tower then there are crossover towers etc. Most likely 3g will be done and LTE will be switched on when several towers have been upgrade. But we should see 3g and voice improved before then. I'm not 100% sure how Sprint is going about this though. But they won't just be installing LTE on a tower and turning it on and going on to the next one. The towers are connected from the main towers to smaller and smaller ones. So the towers would all need to be upgraded in let's say a "cluster" to be fully operational. It's all one big network.

Sent from my SPH-L720

So the green drops near davis and south of elk grove mean that those towers are actually being worked on now and 4g should be working in those locations soon?

I have read this whole thread but definitely not the whole forum. I am sure this is a basic question and i just missed it.

Thanks for the clarification

Maybe just read a little here instead of trying to decipher my incoherent babble. http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/32-Network-Vision-Explained&do=findComment&comment=218

Sent from my SPH-L720

It's a little different in samsung markets. Due to the fact that CDMA 800 1x and LTE 1900 has never been deployed in this market (or any market really), the first thing they'll try to get up is 4G. There are no other active signal unlike CDMA 1x 1900 and EVDO 1900 so one does not need to coordinate a cluster launch in order to minimize disruption to customers.

If the contractors can get the 4G equipment (and the site has NV ready backhaul), they'll get that up and running ASAP and call for inspections. If they can get the 3G side up and running as well then they'll call for a 3G/4G inspection. But typically they'll do the 4G/ CDMA 800 1x side of things first if it needs to be a cluster launch for 3G. 

• Like 1