Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Yay. Finally got LTE the last 2 days.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 4

You should post some speedtests! ;) I love seeing those! Gets me excited for when I get LTE! :D

Here is a nice little speedtest. This is so much faster than I thought.

548429092.png

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 4

Looking awesome! I am so stoked to get this in my area!!! Thanks! :D

• Like 1

The tower near Rosedale had been pumping out a very nice LTE signal for about a week. We are back to 3G now. I suppose they could do a dress rehearsal and run it for a while, then do some diagnostic work/tweaking before going live for real.

hi, been reading this for a while, just thought i'd ask about something

anyone in the eau claire area know if things are being updated currently? because for about the last week on clairemont from about state street, west bound to about cameron, i'm getting no data at all, even though i have the 3g icon, and full or one bar short of full for signal

Edited by np6s4x

hi, been reading this for a while, just thought i'd ask about something

anyone in the eau claire area know if things are being updated currently? because for about the last week on clairemont from about state street, west bound to about cameron, i'm getting no data at all, even though i have the 3g icon, and full or one bar short of full for signal

I've been having problems with data on the south side/downtown area of eau claire also.   Did a little looking on the sprint site and found a tower was down.

9. Re: South side of Eau Claire, WI data failure
46.png?a=49691icon_sprintMark_24x24px.png
JudgeGee Aug 21, 2013 5:15 PM (in response to SHBondeli)

SHBondeli,

Thank you for the reply. The tower serving W. Polk Ave. and W. Truman Ave. is 1.2 miles to the east from that intersection and has had three service tickets created since August 12th.  The most recent ticket is # 1723961 that was opened yesterday for intermittent service.  According to the technician’s notes the alarm has been cleared and the faulty amp at the site has been replaced.

The signal enhancement schedule at the site is as follows:

4G 1900 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

4G 800 MHz: Scheduled (Next 6 Months)

3G 1900 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

Voice / 1xRTT 800 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

Edited by jburk82

When is 4G/Network Vision coming to Willmar Minnesota? I was told LTE and WiMAX was supposed to be here by the end of 2012, but obviously that never happened. Could I please have an ETA or something for either LTE or Network Vision upgrades?

I saw your post ages ago, but I live in Willmar and have confirmed that, at least on 8/22/2013 and 8/23/2013, my wife and I were able to get on LTE with our iPhones.

I saw your post ages ago, but I live in Willmar and have confirmed that, at least on 8/22/2013 and 8/23/2013, my wife and I were able to get on LTE with our iPhones.

I live in Willmar too!

Your post is full of inaccuracies.

First off it's the Minnesota Market, and it's 51% complete. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=145550

NV did not start in Blaine/Coon Rapids in July, for Blaine had LTE live in March.  NV is not complete in the Blain/Coon Rapids area.  Speeds on LTE is not slow for uses on your phone.

Yes, during NV there is temporary instances of degraded service with dropped calls, ect.

The temporary problems during the NV rollout is worth it. When you go to an area that is near NV complete with 800, you find out that coverage and speed wise it's night and day.   

Become a sponsor and you can see what's truly going on tower wise in the Blaine/Coon Rapids.

Or you might have to find a carrier that fulfill your needs, Sprint is not for everyone. 

Those are wrong, sorry to break it to you. I know for fact Sprint lists the the Blaine/Coon Rapids NV was completed on July 10th, but the towers won't function properly for months (October supposedly).

LTE and NV are 2 different things btw.

And my post isn't inaccurate. I know this for a fact. Being a sponsor, no way I'm paying for that. Your paid info is scoped from a Sprint rep.

Those are wrong, sorry to break it to you. I know for fact Sprint lists the the Blaine/Coon Rapids NV was completed on July 10th, but the towers won't function properly for months (October supposedly).

And my post isn't inaccurate. I know this for a fact. Being a sponsor, no way I'm paying for that. Your paid info is scoped from a Sprint rep.

Well, let's see your facts then? I would love to see where Sprint is listing Blaine/Coon Rapids as complete. Like njjdnt said, the reason they won't function properly is because the Minnesota market has not been officially launched. Even then, towers do go down sometimes. So if you can't show your facts, I guess that means that I will keep trusting my "scoped Sprint rep" as you say.

Umm, If NV was completed wouldn't it be working?  So no it isn't completed!  

You don't get LTE without NV. Just wont happen. (unless with another carrier)

Being a Sponsor just says you support the website. S4GRU.com was started not too long ago and just in a short time has become the go to place for not only Sprint information but Mobile Wireless in general. 

Oh, One more thing Sprint Reps paid info?  Geez, You can make your own opinions but you can't make up your own facts.   

If you don't understand the value given here I'd advise either spend some time and learn if your truly interested. Who knows, you might sponsor and see the plethora of information that eludes basic members.   

• Like 1

I've been having problems with data on the south side/downtown area of eau claire also.   Did a little looking on the sprint site and found a tower was down.

9. Re: South side of Eau Claire, WI data failure
46.png?a=49691icon_sprintMark_24x24px.png
JudgeGee Aug 21, 2013 5:15 PM (in response to SHBondeli)

SHBondeli,

Thank you for the reply. The tower serving W. Polk Ave. and W. Truman Ave. is 1.2 miles to the east from that intersection and has had three service tickets created since August 12th.  The most recent ticket is # 1723961 that was opened yesterday for intermittent service.  According to the technician’s notes the alarm has been cleared and the faulty amp at the site has been replaced.

The signal enhancement schedule at the site is as follows:

4G 1900 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

4G 800 MHz: Scheduled (Next 6 Months)

3G 1900 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

Voice / 1xRTT 800 MHz: Scheduled (Next 3 Months)

ahh ok, thanks, noticed data is working again, and thanks for the info about the upgrades too

Edited by np6s4x