Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

This'll sound silly, but did you do a Profile & PRL update after upgrading to 4.4.3? That sometimes help work out some weird quirks that happen while upgrading.

No, but I installed via factory image and wiped everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen 1x800 the past few weeks in Syracuse again? I've been parking on the green lakes tower in Fayetteville on 1900 as of late when there's about three towers between here and there (about two blocks away from Teal Ave & Burnet Ave).

Edited by greyski

They turned it off, we're getting robbed. ROBBED!

:(

*cue dramatic music*

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Has anyone seen 1x800 the past few weeks in Syracuse again? I've been parking on the green lakes tower in Fayetteville on 1900 as of late when there's about three towers between here and there (about two blocks away from Teal Ave & Burnet Ave).

I still connect to 1x800 when needed I just don't get camped on it anymore.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Blips of 800 down here in Endicott today. Really really hope this is the last time they tease us down here and it goes 100% tonight. 

I had 1X800 in Syracuse (near I90/81), Rome and Utica.  I noticed Syracuse has the new "Spark antennas" up but I dont have a spark capable device. 

I had 1X800 in Syracuse (near I90/81), Rome and Utica. I noticed Syracuse has the new "Spark antennas" up but I dont have a spark capable device.

Where did you see the new antenna's? I'm usually all over the city for work but I haven't had any B41 pop up on my nexus yet.

Where did you see the new antenna's? I'm usually all over the city for work but I haven't had any B41 pop up on my nexus yet.

on the Thruway (I-90) and on 81.  The 1900/800 antennas are the half circle shaped, the Spark is the rectangular shaped (pointed edges, you can tell the difference, they look very similar to the "clear" antennas).  

on the Thruway (I-90) and on 81. The 1900/800 antennas are the half circle shaped, the Spark is the rectangular shaped (pointed edges, you can tell the difference, they look very similar to the "clear" antennas).

Are they on Clear sites or Sprint sites?

Are they on Clear sites or Sprint sites?

Just the Sprint sites, I havent been in Syracuse other then on 90/81 since the winter time, so I cant say other then what I have seen.  

• 4 weeks later...

So we've all got 1x800 now on almost all of the full build sites, finally!

The Binghamton market is still having issues with eCSFB, regrettably. I opened up a ticket yesterday with Sprint's technical line, hoping the engineers look into it and actually find something wrong.

Any eCSFB issues in Syracuse or Albany? Or do triband devices place and receive calls just fine up there?

As far as LTE800, I've gotta assume it's just a matter of time for us now that 800 voice is accepted. :-) And hopefully the GMO sites will be knocked out by the end of the year along our connecting highways.

• Like 1

So we've all got 1x800 now on almost all of the full build sites, finally!

The Binghamton market is still having issues with eCSFB, regrettably. I opened up a ticket yesterday with Sprint's technical line, hoping the engineers look into it and actually find something wrong.

Any eCSFB issues in Syracuse or Albany? Or do triband devices place and receive calls just fine up there?

As far as LTE800, I've gotta assume it's just a matter of time for us now that 800 voice is accepted. :-) And hopefully the GMO sites will be knocked out by the end of the year along our connecting highways.

I haven't had any eCSFB issues in Syracuse since March that I've noticed. I haven't been running the test radio on my nexus for a while so I can't be sure, I do randomly get kicked to 3G all over the city though. I didn't notice how bad it was until I started bringing my tablet and left signal check LTE notifications on. I'm wondering what's causing the hand off problems.
  • Like 1

I started picking up LTE at west genesee st and Onondaga blvd in Syracuse right by Fairmount Fair. I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from but it is new. It seemed like towards camillus or down 173 towards Warners. Its nice to see the coverage expanding out beyond Syracuse itself.

Auburn is pretty well covered to. Every time I lose the goodness of LTE off the 690 split I grow a bit sad. But its great to see back haul finally arrive for that part of the suburbs. Once band 26 arrives and is tuned I think our lil corner of a bad ex-affiliate market will be in good shape.

So I have been picking up b26 around guilderland / colonie (albany area) but usually only briefly when switching from 3g to 4g.

Yesterday I was able to hold on for several minutes, long enough to run a speed test which was encouraging. This was indoors, at a location where I am typically barely hanging on to 3g/ 1x800. Speed test was 8.75 down, .54 up @ around 110 db.

So b26 is coming and hopefully will be as quick to deploy as 1x800 was.

Auburn is pretty well covered to. Every time I lose the goodness of LTE off the 690 split I grow a bit sad. But its great to see back haul finally arrive for that part of the suburbs. Once band 26 arrives and is tuned I think our lil corner of a bad ex-affiliate market will be in good shape.

Not that well, still a lot of 3G spots left and good luck getting 4G inside a building. I thought 4G would be the same coverage as 3G, not even close. I live in sight of a tower, get 26 mbps outside, only 3G inside my house. I hope Sprint isn't done yet because if this is it, it'd be a disappointment.

Not that well, still a lot of 3G spots left and good luck getting 4G inside a building. I thought 4G would be the same coverage as 3G, not even close. I live in sight of a tower, get 26 mbps outside, only 3G inside my house. I hope Sprint isn't done yet because if this is it, it'd be a disappointment.

You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. :-) 

800Mhz LTE (Band 26) will essentially mimic 3G coverage once it is turned on. It is not widespread in the Upstate NY market yet, only B25 1900Mhz is. 

You have a lot to learn young grasshopper. :-) 

800Mhz LTE (Band 26) will essentially mimic 3G coverage once it is turned on. It is not widespread in the Upstate NY market yet, only B25 1900Mhz is. 

I'll gladly eat crow, ; ) It's frustrating to be so close to 4G LTE inside my office and home when it's outside. 26mps is faster than my Time Warner Cable Internet. I get that inside my house, I'll be doing cartwheels, lol.

Got a call today from tech support regarding my eCSFB ticket. Apparently four sites in the Binghamton/Endicott area were fixed today, can't wait to get home and try it. It's about time!

Tried two sites, one in Endwell, one in Endicott. Both have non-functioning eCSFB. Calls to my phone when on LTE go straight to voicemail. 

However, the 4G site down the road in Owego has functioning eCSFB, for what it's worth. Found that out at my new job last week.

B26 LTE is everywhere in Broome County now. They must have gone around over the weekend popping in the carrier cards! I confirmed it in Kirkwood, Vestal, Endicott, and Endwell. Every site that is 1x800 enabled seems to have B26 running on it now. 

They are definitely not optimized yet though. B25 is stronger in some areas where the downtilt and power of 800 is still too low. 

• Like 3