Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

The company I work for has a large Sprint account and our rep told me that all of Disney is handled by Sprint and it is one of the biggest accounts in the OC area for Sprint. Waste managment is the biggest. But Disney has a large hidden Sprint network and Sprint techs on -site a lot. I'm sure Disney will be up and steady anytime soon.

The company I work for has a large Sprint account and our rep told me that all of Disney is handled by Sprint and it is one of the biggest accounts in the OC area for Sprint. Waste managment is the biggest. But Disney has a large hidden Sprint network and Sprint techs on -site a lot. I'm sure Disney will be up and steady anytime soon.

Being a former employee on the technical side of things at Disney, the only hidden Sprint network is a decent amount of small nodes in various basements around the park, but they're specifically for the Nextel direct connect phones they use as park wide communication. There's several thousand deployed there.

I never had coverage on my personal phone when I was in these areas. So I assumed they're only the iden band.

Being a former employee on the technical side of things at Disney, the only hidden Sprint network is a decent amount of small nodes in various basements around the park, but they're specifically for the Nextel direct connect phones they use as park wide communication. There's several thousand deployed there.

I never had coverage on my personal phone when I was in these areas. So I assumed they're only the iden band.

Yes I was told it was IDEN but from what I understand it is on the upgrade path. But it was a sales rep. I'm also a bit on the technical side of things and and have some other contacts at Sprint I'm going to see if what I was told was true.

Yes I was told it was IDEN but from what I understand it is on the upgrade path. But it was a sales rep. I'm also a bit on the technical side of things and and have some other contacts at Sprint I'm going to see if what I was told was true.

Any inside info on LTE upgrade plans?

Im curious if Sprint will migrate all IDEN radios used at the Disney park to the new Direct Connect.

When I had Nextel, coverage was excellent at the park.

Im curious if Sprint will migrate all IDEN radios used at the Disney park to the new Direct Connect.

When I had Nextel, coverage was excellent at the park.

I'm going to asked about that I think some can be replaced but not all due to age and maybe location. My sales rep is the same rep that handles that account I will ask her.

• Like 1

You never had Sprint CDMA coverage ? or you mean Disney has their own Iden band?

You never had Sprint CDMA coverage ? or you mean Disney has their own Iden band?

Yes to both, but most of the places I didn't get Sprint CDMA service were places that RF just couldn't get to from outside. I had decent coverage when I wasn't in basements or access tunnels, etc. The various places I didn't CDMA service I had great IDEN coverage on my company phone.

Sprint 4G LTE lit up yesterday for about an hour around Santa Ana. Went online today but no one has reported any LTE. So I decided to sign up for this message board and post my speed test. Its coming guys. We have all waited long enough.

On Sprint Galaxy Note 2

post-11983-0-28550200-1362771946_thumb.png

Edited by androidkid

Sprint 4G LTE lit up yesterday for about an hour around Santa Ana. Went online today but no one has reported any LTE. So I decided to sign up for this message board and post my speed test. Its coming guys. We have all waited long enough.

On Sprint Galaxy Note 2

Can you map it on Sensorly If on ?

Where in Santa Ana?

Was at the Pediatrician with my son at:

St. Joseph Heritage

2212 E. 4th Street

Santa Ana, CA 92705

Time I notice it was on was around 9:09 AM til about 9:54 AM. It could have been on earlier but I am not sure. It also could have gone off earlier but I noticed it at 9:54 it was gone.

I will have mapped it on Sensorly next time.

Anyone have an answer as to why the LTE keeps coming and going on these new NV sites? Is the testing really that complicated that it requires so many on/off's?

Yes. Until site acceptance, it will be on and off a lot. And then it still can go off even after acceptance. They used to block during testing. But I like this better. You know something is going on.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm also noticing what may be LTE work-in-progress when I went down Beach between Ball and Cerritos. Sensorly is updated, and to the untrained eye it makes it look as if the signal is coming from the tower on Stage & Alondra. I am trying to get the MSL for my phone so I can verify which tower I'm connecting to. It's so nice to see all these towers lighting up LTE this week. It makes me suspect that whatever backhaul issues there may have been have started to thaw.

I cant wait for NV to complete. Was in Disneyland last night, I was roaming on Verizon most of the time and then around 4pm no 3G at all. Even when toggling airplane mode on and off.

I just hope laser ranch pops back up tommorrow morning and someone maps it. At this point people should be mapping continuously during their commutes... )

Well, no luck in Ladera this morning, but i did map a bunch of stuff in Fullerton/La Habra/Brea/Yorba Linda yesterday afternoon when I was up there. There was a ton of 4G up there.