Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Getting LTE in Placentia, seems to be coming from the Ralphs on the corner of Alta Vista and Rose. It's not a steady connection, or very fast, but it's been up for a week now. Figured I'd wait before posting before I got anyone's hopes up. :P

And before anyone asks, yeah I tried sensorly, the connection is just way too spotty, I can't even finish a speed test without a network error.

An LA site on Alondra and Stage doesn't have the middle cables plugged in. Does that mean the 800Mhz isn't plugged in?

That's what it means.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

That's what it means.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Agh that's right by me!!! So is the signal going to continue to appear and disappear like it's been doing? Man southern Cali gets screwed over with that whole ibez

Interesting. Does this boundary zone include Orange County too? We should be far enough away from the border.

Agh that's right by me!!! So is the signal going to continue to appear and disappear like it's been doing? Man southern Cali gets screwed over with that whole ibez

It looks like it's not all of Southern Cali that gets screwed, but it does look like all of Orange County after all. And the SE corner of LA County. It might not all be because of the IBEZ. There may be another SMR license holder in the area too. Seems like I remember AJ mentioning this before.

In the graphic below, you can see a map of the LA Metro market. The red sites will not receive any 800 MHZ service (CDMA or LTE). There are some areas here and there that will not get 800 for other reasons. But you can see all of SE LA County doesn't receive 800. That has to be either from the IBEZ or because of possibly another license holder in Orange County.

gallery_1_1_107304.jpg

Robert

Ok so let me ask you something. If 800 cannot be used in San Diego County then why does the network vision sites complete map show green markers (3G/800/4G) in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area? Also in Orange County site ID [redacted] shows as a 3G/800 site.

Edited by WiWavelength
please remember to keep Sponsor level info in the Sponsor area

Ok so let me ask you something. If 800 cannot be used in San Diego County then why does the network vision sites complete map show green markers (3G/800/4G) in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area? Also in Orange County site ID [redacted] shows as a 3G/800 site.

Good questions. I get the data raw, so I often don't know where the stuff is when I enter it in the database. So I never noticed there were sites shown accepted in the IBEZ. It could be a data entry error. When I get a chance in the next few days, I will go back and check out those sites.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Maybe they are just pointing it up the 5 to cover the marine camp. That area is rough to cover without ESMR. If they are just pointing it north, not much of a IBEZ violation, no?

It could be a data entry error. When I get a chance in the next few days, I will go back and check out those sites.

Yeah the site I mentioned in OC isn't too far away from me. If I get a chance I will drive over there and see if I can pick up any 800 Mhz. Or will my phone (LG Optimus G with PRL 25012) not be able to do that?).

Maybe they are just pointing it up the 5 to cover the marine camp. That area is rough to cover without ESMR. If they are just pointing it north, not much of a IBEZ violation, no?

This idea comes up time and again. But it does not fly. Multipath reflections can direct downlink RF back south toward the border. Uplink transmissions are largely omnidirectional, and they do not magically stop propagating south at the serving cell site.

AJ

This idea comes up time and again. But it does not fly. Multipath reflections can direct downlink RF back south toward the border. Uplink transmissions are largely omnidirectional, and they do not magically stop propagating south at the serving cell site.

AJ

Interesting - at 50 miles you would figure they would be in the clear.

Interesting - at 50 miles you would figure they would be in the clear.

Well, this would be inside of 50 miles. Otherwise, it would not be inside the IBEZ. Regardless, the 50 mile standard is very conservative to ensure that transmissions do not violate the established spectrum sharing arrangement and sovereignty of the other country.

AJ

• Like 1

If they are just pointing it north, not much of a IBEZ violation, no?

Also, that is akin to being "not much" pregnant.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

There is now a second spot of LTE in Irvine near UCI!

Noticed that this morning, I cant wait anymore.. I had my Galaxy Nexus and switched back to my Nexus S 4G.

I hope someone maps this... I'm on an iPhone...

post-9739-0-18387600-1362678138_thumb.jpg

If it is still up tonight, I will map it. I also mapped a spot at 405 and jamboree this morning. It seems to be dead now though.

Wow- so there are four single spots that have popped up- UCI, a little bit north of UCI, Jamboree and the 405, and Beach blvd and the 22 freeway. Plus Ladera Ranch had LTE as of today. I would imagine sensorly will start showing a lot more LTE as these spots are mapped in the next few days. Also that spot in Disneyland- I can't wait for that.

Wow- so there are four single spots that have popped up- UCI, a little bit north of UCI, Jamboree and the 405, and Beach blvd and the 22 freeway. Plus Ladera Ranch had LTE as of today. I would imagine sensorly will start showing a lot more LTE as these spots are mapped in the next few days. Also that spot in Disneyland- I can't wait for that.

FYI, I was unable to get Ladera again late today. I even drove up to the cell site, and went in and out of airplane mode. The good news is that is will come back soon :)