Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Wondering if anyone here has been experiences any lte issues as I have. Im lucky enough to have lte at home and at work. But at times when I'm connected with good strength I get no loading at all. Like for example; I try to go to google.com. 4G symbol is on top but there is no upload/download activity. If I turn off 4G radio and pin it on 3G I get data up and down with no issue and pages load just fine. I reconnect 4G try same thing and my connection just hangs. Its an on again off again thing which is just weird to me since it more works than hangs. Any insight to why this is happening? Or is it just merely Sprint doing testing and of course still building out the network?

I would say both testing and build out. But I have no idea where you live. What you can do is at the same time you have loading problems do a speed test. What Browser are you useing? If not Chrome try chrome. I have the same problems and it always seems to happen when I need to search the most like driving and looking for address or hours for a store.

i dont know if anyone else pointed this out before or not, just couple days ago i made an observation. it seems like sprint is upgrading towers near the sprint stores first. i googled 'sprint' and mostly all sprint store locations are near every purple spots on sensorly maps. i checked here in OC near the orange block and surrounding sprint stores. seems to be consistent with couple areas i checked ( orlando, FL. San diego)

i dont know if anyone else pointed this out before or not, just couple days ago i made an observation. it seems like sprint is upgrading towers near the sprint stores first. i googled 'sprint' and mostly all sprint store locations are near every purple spots on sensorly maps. i checked here in OC near the orange block and surrounding sprint stores. seems to be consistent with couple areas i checked ( orlando, FL. San diego)

I believe it.

The tower in Anaheim(lakeview and 91 freeway on the Kaiser building)next to my work does not have a sprint store anywhere near it. So I'm not sure why it was one of the first to come on-line in the OC area but upgrades do depend on back haul being in place first. With that said it also makes sense to have major shopping area towers upgraded with the back haul already in place for the shopping area's. But I'm just glad to see it coming on line in my area down south :)

I'm sure there are all kinda of different patterns we could observe, but I think first and foremost it just boils down to availability - back haul, permits, and access. I doubt that if one or more sites in a particular market had all of these things ready, they would hold off on upgrading them so that they could do a site near a Sprint store first. That being said, I'm sure it's extremely frustrating for Sprint reps to try and explain that the service is good in the surrounding area, just not in their store yet.

I'm sure there are all kinda of different patterns we could observe, but I think first and foremost it just boils down to availability - back haul, permits, and access. I doubt that if one or more sites in a particular market had all of these things ready, they would hold off on upgrading them so that they could do a site near a Sprint store first. That being said, I'm sure it's extremely frustrating for Sprint reps to try and explain that the service is good in the surrounding area, just not in their store yet.

I can tell you first hand the schedule is not to get sites near the stores up first. In many cases the mobile data isn't even usable except for wimax devices which the only available one now is the s2. There has been several cancelled accounts due to slow speeds or lake of usable mobile data. Hence why many will argue sprint still offers unlimited because it isn't usable.

J.

I don't want to jinx it, but we are getting some 4G this morning at the Santa Ana Civic Center. Inside the buildings even, which is more than I ever got with wimax.

Was able to find tower OC210603 but not the one you mentioned. Probably maps are not updated yet

Same site. Usually sites have 3 panels. That site's panels are OC210601, OC210602, and OC210603. Which one your connected to depends on which one is facing you(north, south, east, west).

• Like 1

Same site. Usually sites have 3 panels. That site's panels are OC210601, OC210602, and OC210603. Which one your connected to depends on which one is facing you(north, south, east, west).

Oh, didnt know that, Thanks :)

• Like 1

Thats awesome! thanks.

• Like 1

Oh, didnt know that, Thanks :)

Thats awesome! thanks.

If you guys want to test it, drive around the site once you are connected. I first noticed it when I was testing the relationship between LTE speeds and distance from the site. The site I tested it one was the Fullerton Airport site. The flight tower has three panels mounted on the north, south, and west sides.

If you guys want to test it, drive around the site once you are connected. I first noticed it when I was testing the relationship between LTE speeds and distance from the site. The site I tested it one was the Fullerton Airport site. The flight tower has three panels mounted on the north, south, and west sides.

Well the site I had posted about I was on the south side of it. This towers gear was up in place before the one at Ralphs on Chapman and Euclid which is now producing LTE lol. Ill try and map it tonight when I go pick up the little one. If I can remember.

Why do you all think Sprint hasn't officially announced OC as an upcoming launch area yet? 

Probably cause the process has been slow. Theres not a lot of LTE towers up and ready to provide good performance. LTE is still spotting in Orange County. 

Idk maybe I'm wrong but thats what I think 

Why do you all think Sprint hasn't officially announced OC as an upcoming launch area yet?

What Sprint is doing is first getting sites done to have thin but wide coverage. After all of the market is lit up then they announce it. Orange county is still not lit up enough. If you look at sensorly you will see the lack of coverage.

For those of you who got LTE where you live, did your service get really awful while they were upgrading your tower?  Since Friday I can't make any calls without it cutting in and out, then dropping.  3g is practically nonexistent (.10 Mbps).  I did Sprint chat Saturday and they said they were uppgrading my tower and it was expected to be completed the next day.  It's still down so I chatted again and they said the estimate is this Friday (making it 8 days total of no service).  They told me that I could get a credit for however many days my service is down.  I literally cannot make a phone call.  When I straight out asked if they were putting LTE on my tower, they couldn't tell me.  It's so frustrating.  I live in Orange near the corner of Taft and Glassel.

For those of you who got LTE where you live, did your service get really awful while they were upgrading your tower?  Since Friday I can't make any calls without it cutting in and out, then dropping.  3g is practically nonexistent (.10 Mbps).  I did Sprint chat Saturday and they said they were uppgrading my tower and it was expected to be completed the next day.  It's still down so I chatted again and they said the estimate is this Friday (making it 8 days total of no service).  They told me that I could get a credit for however many days my service is down.  I literally cannot make a phone call.  When I straight out asked if they were putting LTE on my tower, they couldn't tell me.  It's so frustrating.  I live in Orange near the corner of Taft and Glassel.

According to user experience from all over the forum, yep. That's part of the growing pain. They're probably doing a hotswap with your cell site since you get no service at all. 

Pretty much YUP. I was lucky that I have 2 other towers near by.

I never had issues with calls and texting at my house and for about 2 weeks my phone would go in and out of roaming and bam! I'm in between 3 LTE sites....just wish the one closest was in the map for soon. LTE performance is around 2-3 mbs when it actually stays connected.