Sprint announces 20 additional LTE cities where work has commenced

Looks like they're just announcing cities where LTE has started. This is in addition to the 100s of cities they announced earlier.

http://finance.yahoo...-140000991.html

The 4G LTE Network build is under way in the following additional areas:
  • San Francisco-San Mateo-Redwood City, CA
  • Cape Coral-Ft Meyers, FL
  • Dyersburg-Union City-Martin, TN
  • Emporia, KS
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Greenwood, MS
  • Joplin, MO
  • Kokomo, IN
  • Lafayette/West Lafayette, IN
  • Lexington Park, MD
  • Marion, IN
  • Napa, CA
  • Naples-Marco Island, FL
  • Ottawa-Streator, IL
  • Punta Gorda, FL
  • Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA
  • Sarasota-Bradenton, FL
  • Sebring, FL
  • South Bend-Mishawaka, IN
  • Terre Haute, IN
  • Vallejo-Fairfield, CA
  • Warsaw, IN

• Like 3

Wow, Greenwood MS! Actually shocked to see they have 15,000 people there.

Totally confirms what I've been seeing. Some definite schedule flips inside some markets. Damn you Sprint for not leaking the schedule changes! :angry:

Another disconnect between engineering and public relations depts though as we have had members confirm New Orleans work but it's not on the list.

• Like 2

Looks like they are really rolling in the indy markets good to hear, wish they would start announcing michagain citys... tho this is prob the same as the list before these citys will have decent coverage at the end of the year

• Like 1

Blah, still nothing in Michigan...

Blah, still nothing in Dallas. ;)

But seriously -- my preference would be to see more buildout in the supposed live markets, but I suppose the installation teams may be different, so these announced deployments don't impact the existing ones.

But seriously -- my preference would be to see more buildout in the supposed live markets, but I suppose the installation teams may be different, so these announced deployments don't impact the existing ones.

These are new markets, the existing markets have work continuing until completion

Where the hell is Raleigh/Durham NC?

in one of S4GRU's posts way back it said Raleigh/Durham was scheduled to start in Round 2, and would see LTE coming on in spots in August (I think).

the RTP area is a technology leader on the east coast, and yet we are still stuck with Sprint's overloaded dial-up like EVDO around here (MUCH worse since the iPhone launched, cannot stream pandora at all really anymore.)

I've been a Sprint customer for almost 10 years, getting a little frustrated, but I'm going to stick around as long as I can, because I think NV and LTE will rock, IF they ever get here.

They're subcontracted. They don't have "teams" that travel around the country, so working in one area is not going to compensate the work taking place in another area.

These are new markets, the existing markets have work continuing until completion

The question is where are the crews coming from? Are they new contractors, or are they contractors diverted from an existing market?

I am curious as Dallas has huge holes in their coverage - in reality, I have seen LTE in the wild only twice. Every other sighting was because I knew the tower location and setup a survey. At the current rate, I think it will be years before coverage matches Sprint's coverage map.

I compare this to Houston, which has great LTE coverage pretty much everywhere I went this week.

On the other hand, if crews are new, that's fantastic news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question is where are the crews coming from? Are they new contractors, or are they contractors diverted from an existing market?

I am curious as Dallas has huge holes in their coverage - in reality, I have seen LTE in the wild only twice. Every other sighting was because I knew the tower location and setup a survey. At the current rate, I think it will be years before coverage matches Sprint's coverage map.

I compare this to Houston, which has great LTE coverage pretty much everywhere I went this week.

On the other hand, if crews are new, that's fantastic news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Houston sign a big contract with Sprint for mobile devices, doesn't shock me that they are getting priority.

I believe that the new crews are all additional sub-contractors (until an area is finished), then they move on to other areas.

• Like 1

I hate to be a jackass...but I no longer have time to answer the "What about my market? What about my major city?" Every time we post an update.

Seriously, I am running out of time to do everything that is needed in a day to run S4GRU. The answers you seek are all around the site. Especially in the Markets forum. Look for them. And if you cannot find them, then ask. Seriously.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 16

I hate to be a jackass...but I no longer have time to answer the "What about my market? What about my major city?" Every time we post an update.

Seriously, I am running out of time to do everything that is needed in a day to run S4GRU. The answers you seek are all around the site. Especially in the Markets forum. Look for them. And if you cannot find them, then ask. Seriously.

Not to add to your frustration, but I'm curious as I have not seen it posted anywhere as to what specific cities are in which market. I'm particularly interested in Columbus,Cleveland and/or Cincinnati,Ohio. If Robert or anyone else has a link or would like to answer that it would be appreciated, if not a simple no will suffice. Sorry if this has already been clarified I must've missed it.

Thanks again for your time Robert.

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

Not to add to your frustration, but I'm curious as I have not seen it posted anywhere as to what specific cities are in which market. I'm particularly interested in Columbus,Cleveland and/or Cincinnati,Ohio. If Robert or anyone else has a link or would like to answer that it would be appreciated, if not a simple no will suffice. Sorry if this has already been clarified I must've missed it.

The only market in Ohio that will have deployment by the end of this year would be Cleveland, The 2013 markets wont be complete til somtime this fall.. inless Rob has some more info that he knows or would share :) heres a link to info about Cleveland http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-153-are-milwaukee-and-cleveland-making-a-run-on-the-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule/
  • Like 1

I'd be happy to help out as a volunteer. I have experience with databases and batchgeo.com.

You need to be a donating sponsor to view the interactive maps but Ohio has 4 markets, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, & West Virginia. There are a few West Virgina market towers near the OH border.

• Like 1

You need to be a donating sponsor to view the interactive maps but Ohio has 4 markets, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, & West Virginia. There are a few West Virgina market towers near the OH border.

HEY!!!! TOLEDO is part of the ohio market too! lol make it 5 :)
  • Like 1

HEY!!!! TOLEDO is part of the ohio market too! lol make it 5 :)

I thought Toledo was split between Cleveland and East Michigan

Nix that, I completely missed Toledo on the Sponsor map, wow, i need more coffee

• Like 2

I thought Toledo was split between Cleveland and East Michigan

Well that would be nice if that was true maybe sneak a crew or two over in Toledo and get some LTE done scince both will be starting this year haha, but no its a market its self very small tho like 100 so towers they would be doing NV to

@jefbal99 and @keelerman8042 thanks for the responses!!!

Edited by ChewyWade
  • Like 1