Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Glad to see some 3G updates near my house, can't stand the slowness or useless. Maybe it will hold me over for a bit.

If it's anything like what they did to the 4g accepted tower in cruces, you won't be happy.

On a different note, is it possible to restrict 3G service on different antennas on the same tower? And if so, why would you want to??? My conspiracy theory is that the 3G tower installed at Wsmr only puts out 3G on one antenna. My proof is if I walk around the tower, I will lose 3G when outside the beam width of the supposed antenna while maintaining the same signal strength. I used to get awesome 3G(1.5-2mbps) in my office and then like a switch it was gone... Very dissapointing.

Anyways, I'll quote one of my hs teachers when he gave me a 60 needed to graduate school: "think of it as Xmas in June" in which I kindly gave him the universal thank you one finger salute.

My apologies to anyone who was subject to my previous "rant" which was inappropriate and justly pulled by the moderator.

Anyway, I am a new user and will chime in a few things. I too am really hoping for the LTE we all want yesterday.

Without complaining, I will say that WHEN 3G reception/communication is good (rare), it is PLENTY fast enough for me to not care about LTE or 4G. But apparently, in this transitionary period, data has slowed down tremendously overall. Hopefully we will get the Christmas surprise everyone is talking about here.

I would like to say though, after doing some speed tests.....I have discovered that the "big name" android speed test apps are consistently returning extremely poor results  (changing servers doesnt seem to matter), giving a false sense of actual data speeds. I have tried a couple of browser based speed tests and the results are consistently MUCH better. In fact, one time a few days ago, I got a return of over 4Mbs on my Galaxy SPH-L710 here in ABQ on 3G. I don't assume it was an erroneous number, as it went through it's normal status bar progression .....really fast! But then again what do I know. In addtion, I have gotten several other results that were half as fast, still which is pretty good....3G, 4G, or whatever.  If it WASN'T a glitch, then that suggests some of the backhaul is partially functional? and for whatever reason I don't understand can "kick in" at certain times for certain people???  The problem is the consistency of the bandwith is not good  enough to realize fast large downloads or watch decent quality video without interruption. It's just a hit or miss TREMENDOUS boost in speed vs normally very poor average speeds. Location doesnt seem to make much of a difference for me any more. Another thing I have noticed in the past few weeks is that in locations where I USED to get consistently better speeds just weeks or months ago, those formerly consistent high speeds are now just as intermittent as any other location. 

Like just now....I have done about a dozen tests within 10 minutes.. The first two screamed along at 1.9 and 2.2 Mb/s. Subsequent tests are staying down at 200-400 Kb/s. Phone sitting in same spot. E

Any of you guys here who know more than I do  (which is all of you) able to make sense of what I am saying?

Dyno-Mike

• Like 1

I have a theory that Sprint regulates or modifies or something along the sorts... The speeds we get thru apps and through browsers. Kinda like how I think Comcast tells you have a guaranteed speed but you can't stream anything so you go to a speed test site and Magically your speed is out of this world.

But I am befuddled on how we can have a good speed test and then seconds later with no change, it's horrible. Correct me if I am wrong, but our speeds with cellular service should be just as dedicated as cable or DSL in theory. It may depend on how many people are using up the bandwidth but I wouldn't think it should change so suddenly (as if there was such a thing as stability with sprint to give us consistency anyways).

You can be connecting to a different carrier on the same site or even a different site without knowing it. These two can effect speeds. Also, someone else could have just started to download something on the same site and carrier that you are connected to. Data load on the cell sure is a very dynamic process.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I posted this on the sponsor thread, but thought I put it here too. I picked up an smr signal from the tower at central and san mateo last night. I didn't try and make a call since I was driving on the highway, but hopefully more towers will start lighting up soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Any updates in Las Cruces area? I have noticing I get 4G LTE in same parts of town but is kind of slow.

You've been getting LTE in Cruces?!?  Please map on sensorly so we can have a chance to narrow down which towers it is coming from.

Well they have started on the integration on the only tower in Alamogordo. He had no information on the fiber back haul. So it is sit and wait.

Will I be able to see any LTE with signal check? I know I wouldn't be able to connect

You've been getting LTE in Cruces?!?  Please map on sensorly so we can have a chance to narrow down which towers it is coming from.

The area Sonoma Ranch. Few friends who are sprint users have also got 4G LTE. 

rojash29's location says anthony, he may be getting spill over from the lte rollout in El Paso.  

I still have no 4G LTE even the  tower I use is in Vinton. I cant wait for 4G LTE. Not even Anthony, Texas has 4G LTE :( do you know whats going on? Anthonys cities should be in El Paso. I guess Sprint doesnt care about us. Do you know when Las Cruces is going to get 4G? 

Is good I usually get full bars. Are you using the new network spark or something like that or its 4G LTE? 

My signature is actually my Cable internet speed before they upgraded everyone for free. Now I am at 101 download and 35 upload.

My LTE speeds here in NYC are usually around the 6-8Mbps range because the towers tend to be overloaded. The surrounding towers are usually not upgraded. In areas where there is a cluster of LTE towers, I typically get 15Mbps down and 7 up.

So I'm new to the site. But while I was shopping for small Christmas presents at the Walgreens on Tramway/Indian School, I decided to do a quick speed test and got this on my iPhone. I knew upgrades were coming, because my service was interrupted, and I talked to Sprint customer service, and they said:

This outage is related Network vision which is going to complete on 12/17th. Once this get completed, you would be able to see LTE coverage there.

Obviously I know that's not going to happen, but my speeds are definitely changing. I've never seen speeds like this on 3G.

photo.PNG?guid=messagepart%3ASent+Messag

So I'm new to the site. But while I was shopping for small Christmas presents at the Walgreens on Tramway/Indian School, I decided to do a quick speed test and got this on my iPhone. I knew upgrades were coming, because my service was interrupted, and I talked to Sprint customer service, and they said:

This outage is related Network vision which is going to complete on 12/17th. Once this get completed, you would be able to see LTE coverage there.

Obviously I know that's not going to happen, but my speeds are definitely changing. I've never seen speeds like this on 3G.

Sorry. Here's the photo. Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

photo.PNG?guid=messagepart%3ASent+Messag

Sure wish our NV upgrade had shown improvements, off peek use to get over 1M download and peek would get around 200kb. Now can't even get a good data connection durning peek times. Hope it gets fixed soon. They guy who did the intergration said the fiber box has not been installed yet. So let's hope that is not far behind.