Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I thought of one other possibility. We had a tower in abq get accepted lte, but apparently the backhaul wasn't performing well and that was what led to the requirement of fiber to every tower (there are exceptions). Maybe the backhaul was hooked up, even they tested it they didn't like how it was performing, they turned lte off and now the new backhaul has been brought to the site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I thought of one other possibility. We had a tower in abq get accepted lte, but apparently the backhaul wasn't performing well and that was what led to the requirement of fiber to every tower (there are exceptions). Maybe the backhaul was hooked up, even they tested it they didn't like how it was performing, they turned lte off and now the new backhaul has been brought to the site.

This would make more sense!

Just ran by the site at Osuna and Seagull Street.  THey are doing the tower now.  Weird is that they are putting wide beam attennas up versus the regular ones. I will get pics on my way home.

If the panels are wider, they are actually narrow beam antennas inside.

Robert

• Like 1

that's what I thought too. I did a few tests and got around the same results so I figured the same thing too.

I have noticed that sensorly ping times are higher then speedtest.net, I pretty much always get lower then 100ms on speedtest.net if the site has been upgraded. With sensorly around 200ms ping, I know they use amazon servers a lot on sensorly.

If the panels are wider, they are actually narrow beam antennas inside.

Robert

I cannot count how many times you have corrected me about this. Yes. They are wider antennas that are Narrow beam.

question, why would you put that in a residential neighborhood?

I cannot count how many times you have corrected me about this. Yes. They are wider antennas that are Narrow beam.

question, why would you put that in a residential neighborhood?

They are concentrating the signal on my house so I get extra good signal ;)

They are concentrating the signal on my house so I get extra good signal ;)

I ran a couple speed tests at the site because they look all wrapped up. Speeds are pretty much the same. Holding out hope lte is cong soon.

Albuquerque
NV Sites Accepted = 39%

LTE Sites Accepted = 10%
Anticipated LTE Launch = Fall 2013 (Clovis launched 10/2013)

Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014
Current Production Rate Completion = October 2014

Centruylink is really screwing us over. It was anticipated that we have a launch by now. It is not looking good by the end of the year.

How can it be considered to be even a partial LTE launch in the ABQ region?  I don't know of a single tower connected via LTE in the entire place.

Phones are connecting in Clovis (which was launched) and El Paso. Those cities are a part of the ABQ market.  It is just depressing to see the stats and how far behind Sprint is due to the backhaul not being in place which Centurylink is to blame.

Albuquerque[/size]Status:  Partial LTE Launch/Full Builds Under Way

NV Sites Accepted = 39%[/size]

LTE Sites Accepted = 10%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Fall 2013 (Clovis launched 10/2013)[/size]

Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = October 2014[/size]

Centruylink is really screwing us over. It was anticipated that we have a launch by now. It is not looking good by the end of the year.

So does anyone know of any progress by centurylink? Are they doing any back haul work at all?

They built a new tower down the street from where I live, I found out it wasn't sprint .. so sad.. but anyways there was a centurylink truck there so I think centurylink is doing backhaul but at a crawling rate.

Does the hardware become active after it is installed or is there a wait for the tower to become accepted? We have a tower completed last week and performance is down since the new hardware went up. I was in Hobbs a couple of days ago and things there were horrible, With two NV towers accepted things are worse there then before the upgrade. Was not able to get any type of speed test and spent most of the time with poor signal strength. This was within a two mile radius of the towers.

Does the hardware become active after it is installed or is there a wait for the tower to become accepted? We have a tower completed last week and performance is down since the new hardware went up. I was in Hobbs a couple of days ago and things there were horrible, With two NV towers accepted things are worse there then before the upgrade. Was not able to get any type of speed test and spent most of the time with poor signal strength. This was within a two mile radius of the towers.

New hardware is active at acceptance. However, if existing legacy backhaul is overwhelmed, new hardware will not help anything. The site performance will only improve when the new LTE backhaul is installed and hooked up to the 3G also.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

So I'm getting 3 and 4 bars at my house when before today I got two and three and I'm getting pings around 100 and download speeds of about 1 Mbps where as before I was getting about 120 k...

What neighborhood are you at? Could u post a screen shot? If u really have that ping, this could be the start of something good.

I'm back to one or two bars.... The pings btw were around 100 but never below. Around 108. I'm by San Antonio and Louisiana. I'm almost sure my tower is the one by Wyoming and San Antonio. I don't know how to post pics?

I swear we work and live right by one another. I live at San Antonio and Louisiana south of San Antonio.  I ran down to one of my jobs this morning at Jefferson and Masthead and I didn't get great speeds but I was getting sub 100 to right over 100 ping.

Went over to my office and Louisiana and I40. For the two towers that have been accepted, I got great speeds and right at 100 ping. Posting pics soon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tmhljngry2md2b/Photo%20Nov%2022%2C%208%2018%2004%20AM.png

The bottom ones were at my house, the middle two were at Osuna and San Mateo (this tower was just completed but not accepted yet) and the final ones were at Louisiana and I40.  I have never gotten above 1Mps at work.  crazy. I hope this is the start.

Speed test from the tower off sunset gardens and 98th St. Nice ping from this tower. But not sure it Will have lte. Im hoping it will

On Thanks Giving day I've been getting high speeds on 3G from the tower on coots and

I-40.

I am honestly a little disappointed that we haven't gotten a single LTE site in the ABQ metro by December 1st.  I was really hopeful, now I am beginning to wonder if one will even happen before the new year.  It's amazing that nearly every site I see around town is hardware upgraded.  I guess CenturyLink is really dragging their feet bad.  I really hope there were terms in the contract that punish them for going so slow.

I am honestly a little disappointed that we haven't gotten a single LTE site in the ABQ metro by December 1st.  I was really hopeful, now I am beginning to wonder if one will even happen before the new year.  It's amazing that nearly every site I see around town is hardware upgraded.  I guess CenturyLink is really dragging their feet bad.  I really hope there were terms in the contract that punish them for going so slow.

There should be, I'm also starting to think, maybe a new agreement with someone else is on the table?