Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

That's good. I was just at Sprint today and they were saying that Albuquerque is almost there. But I've searched all over this forum, sensonrly, and Sprint's website. And just haven't seen much going for it. Just a bummer is all. Because I love my phone and the plan. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the coverage just isn't there.

That's good. I was just at Sprint today and they were saying that Albuquerque is almost there. But I've searched all over this forum, sensonrly, and Sprint's website. And just haven't seen much going for it. Just a bummer is all. Because I love my phone and the plan. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the coverage just isn't there.

I agree that it is a bummer.  Almost all of the towers I have seen in town (excl flagpoles) are done (i.e., have the NV equipment).  I can't tell on some of the flagpoles.  I can't see the cabinets which makes it difficult.  The thing to keep your eyes open for is Centurylink. Centurylink is the backhaul provider for most of the market and they are slow as can be. I would suggest becoming a sponsor so you know exactly all of the Sprint towers. Therefore, when you see a truck next to it, post it here to let everyone know.

I agree that it is a bummer.  Almost all of the towers I have seen in town (excl flagpoles) are done (i.e., have the NV equipment).  I can't tell on some of the flagpoles.  I can't see the cabinets which makes it difficult.  The thing to keep your eyes open for is Centurylink. Centurylink is the backhaul provider for most of the market and they are slow as can be. I would suggest becoming a sponsor so you know exactly all of the Sprint towers. Therefore, when you see a truck next to it, post it here to let everyone know.

I agree.  Almost every site I have seen is equipment upgraded.  Dang CL.  I also have not noticed increased speeds on 3g, if they were duplexing the T1 lines, like some areas have seen before fiber came in, I think we would see increased 3g for the time being.  Maybe this means none or hardly any of the upgraded towers in town are actually broadcasting a signal on the new equipment.

I have seen about three Centurylink trucks near a sprint 3G tower, they were running cables underground.

• Like 2

Im about to go by the coors and Barcelona site for a speed test. On my way ro work this morning I did a speed test and it was unsuccessful. Hopefully it was due to the fiber that was being put in according to a member.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

usually if a site has been updated you will get a ping of less than one hundred even on 3g, so it looks like no go yet on this site.

usually if a site has been updated you will get a ping of less than one hundred even on 3g, so it looks like no go yet on this site.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

that's what I thought too. I did a few tests and got around the same results so I figured the same thing too.

that's what I thought too. I did a few tests and got around the same results so I figured the same thing too.

They could, however, be starting to do the updates....

I'm encouraged by the positive "sightings" people are reporting.  :tu:

Very high ping and very low speeds. I've been able to pull at least 1.0 mbps at this site before. Im wondering if its being worked on software wise and hasn't hit the tower. Ive heard that other markets started experiencing slower speeds just prior to seeing LTE. Im hoping its that because we have all been waiting patiently for something we all well deserve. .. "lte".

post-25768-138428606405_thumb.jpg

ive been noticing the orange fiber pylons being put up near some of the nv towers in cruces.  this includes the one on the east side that was already accepted so not sure if that will get fiber also or if some of the other providers are getting an upgrade since sprint isnt the sole provider on any tower.

• Like 1

ive been noticing the orange fiber pylons being put up near some of the nv towers in cruces.  this includes the one on the east side that was already accepted so not sure if that will get fiber also or if some of the other providers are getting an upgrade since sprint isnt the sole provider on any tower.

I have a theory about that site haha.  Totally just throwing this out there, not data to back it up.  Maybe the guys hooked up the sprint panels to someone else's backhaul when they weren't supposed to and realized the mistake and had to unhook, hence no more lte.  And now they have the proper backhaul (actually for sprint), and that's why you see the orange pylon at that site?  Conspiracy theory?

• Like 1

Ill go with that, except the part where they have a new backhaul. That tower has been a thorne in my side ever since they turned off lte. High pings, little to no connectivity, the works...

Its possible they ran the fiber to the site but still need to have another contractor do the connection. Not sure how the process is done.

On another note, the private tower near walmart in the center of town has not been upgraded, but the old wimax tower down a ways has. I assume that tower wont be upgraded as shown from the nv map. But idk about that either.