Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I went by there tonight and didn't pick up 4g or 3g speeds that indicate fiber backhaul.  I guess either you had a glitch on the test or they were testing today and you got lucky to pick it up while they were.  Is there any way you can go by the towers to see if they are NV complete?

Im not sure on the exact location of towers ive seen a couple in my area but I dont have access to the maps that show their locations

Im not sure on the exact location of towers ive seen a couple in my area but I dont have access to the maps that show their locations

if you become a sponsor you can see the exact locations of the towers, which ones have been upgraded, and tons more. I highly recommend it!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

if you see lte today download sensorly, if you haven't already, and map the lte signal.

if you see lte today download sensorly, if you haven't already, and map the lte signal.

definitely will if I see any live LTE signal. I already have sensorly downloaded.

Patience, my friends, patience!  :wavey:

Why?  There are other options.  My patience with Sprint has absolutely worn thin.  If they're not in place by the time my contract is up I don't think there is a very high chance of me staying with them.  They have until early next year.

You just have to hope they dont give you LTE for a while and then turn it off as in Las Cruces...  I think the signal, quality and speed is worse than what it was before the new equipment upgrade.

I was at the burger king on Gibson and I-25 and I usually get speeds of 700kbps to 1.5 mbs. But a different story today, no usable Internet access at all and kept losing data connection. Wonder what was going on?

I was at the burger king on Gibson and I-25 and I usually get speeds of 700kbps to 1.5 mbs. But a different story today, no usable Internet access at all and kept losing data connection. Wonder what was going on?

that's near where I live. The towers around there have been literally in and off sporadically for the past few days.

that's near where I live. The towers around there have been literally in and off sporadically for the past few days.

My friend works at Paradise and Universe and he could not make outbound calls. Kept getting a message that the call could not be completed or something like that. He could get inbound calls though...

Today ive noticed that the base id number on towers I use at my house have changed to a whole new set of numbers. I used to see three different numbers from three different towers and now all different. Hoping there was an upgrade

I've been seeing the outgoing call thing all day. It mostly has to do with out of town phone numbers. I haven't seen anyone come in with the problem that hasn't been a out of town number or calling an out of town number.

do you work for sprint?

I've been seeing the outgoing call thing all day. It mostly has to do with out of town phone numbers. I haven't seen anyone come in with the problem that hasn't been a out of town number or calling an out of town number. 

I have an out of state number, so he was in deed calling an out of town number. Why is this happening?

Not sure if it means anything, but I did see a century link truck parked and working over a man-hole near the yale and cesar chavez site at about 9 tonight.  It might just be a residential internet outage, but it could be linked to why that tower has been very very iffy recently.

I have an out of state number, so he was in deed calling an out of town number. Why is this happening?

I don't know but it seems like I can call out of state again.

oh just asking because I was hoping you might of known a little more inside info.

I work at an indirect location. So I know about as much as you do lol.

Noticed a guy working at the tower just northeast of i-25 hwy 70 intersection in cruces.  also noticed speed improvents near the mall area where i can never get a data connection.  not sure which tower saw the improvement because i havent seen any new equipment at the tower near the walmart or the wimax tower which is lower in elevation than where i got the good speeds.  The 3g/4g accepted tower is still giving horrible signal and speed. 

danget, we need LTE!!!

Some friends of mine who work for sprint told me this......sprint needs to upgrade there 3G network to be almost at par with 4G LTE, once that is complete then 4G LTE is underway. I have been told 2 things either sprint will launch 20% of the city of ABQ in December and late Summer 2014 full 100% 4g lte and I been told full 100 by January 2014. The reason southern & southeastern NM have got 4g lte is the company who is upgrading is working south from El Paso to Denver. A sprint employee told me there servers for the SW USA are in El Paso. I have seen some new tower installs near cottonwood area on the power line towers near Intel. I also was watching some videos on you tube near movies 8 and the video was soooo clear I mean clear, usually that means more Mbps is happening. I also have been receiving faster speeds near cottonwood mall, near 12th st & Indian school, and Montgomery Carlise & San Mateo area.

Some friends of mine who work for sprint told me this......sprint needs to upgrade there 3G network to be almost at par with 4G LTE, once that is complete then 4G LTE is underway. I have been told 2 things either sprint will launch 20% of the city of ABQ in December and late Summer 2014 full 100% 4g lte and I been told full 100 by January 2014. The reason southern & southeastern NM have got 4g lte is the company who is upgrading is working south from El Paso to Denver. A sprint employee told me there servers for the SW USA are in El Paso. I have seen some new tower installs near cottonwood area on the power line towers near Intel. I also was watching some videos on you tube near movies 8 and the video was soooo clear I mean clear, usually that means more Mbps is happening. I also have been receiving faster speeds near cottonwood mall, near 12th st & Indian school, and Montgomery Carlise & San Mateo area.

We all know that Sprint employee's don't really know what's going on with the NV. They just know that its going to happen within 3 to 6 months. Only the people who are currently assigned to the task know what's going on.

But two reason's why I don't think your statement is right is.

1. CenturyLink is to blame for the slow fiber install. Look at Verizon.

2. Why would Sprint make 3G a top priority? LTE is their priority right now along with revamping the whole network. Yes we are getting 3G updates, but so is all the other markets.

• Like 1