Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

We all know that Sprint employee's don't really know what's going on with the NV. They just know that its going to happen within 3 to 6 months. Only the people who are currently assigned to the task know what's going on.

But two reason's why I don't think your statement is right is.

1. CenturyLink is to blame for the slow fiber install. Look at Verizon.

2. Why would Sprint make 3G a top priority? LTE is their priority right now along with revamping the whole network. Yes we are getting 3G updates, but so is all the other markets.

agreed. It has nothing to do with where they are working. There are tons of towers upgraded all over town, it is simply that backhaul is not in place. Also, like was said before the reason southern and eastern NM are seeing lte is because of a different backhaul provider actually delivering on their commitment. Most Sprint employees you talk to will have access to substantially less information then we do here in this site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Well I do have to disagree with you 2 disagreements with me, I recently went to LA and turned off my LTE and I was ringing in 8mbps and some 11. So I tried the LTE and wow what a difference. Also I know the guy in sprint who is one out of many assigned to oversee 4G LTE conversion. He mentioned in order to maintain a strong 4G LTE network you have to improve the current network. I been on Verizon and there 3G SUCKS!! Between ABQ and Gallup. Why cause a contact of mine said Verizon was to focused on 4G LTE and didn't wanna invest time into improving there 3G out of ABQ limits. Now with Sprint I get excellent 3G between ABQ & Gallup. Point is sprint I assume are taking this slow & easy cause they want to do it RIGHT! hell the verizon store on coors by pass near costco believes that sprints 4G LTE network is really 4G WIMAX.

Well I do have to disagree with you 2 disagreements with me, I recently went to LA and turned off my LTE and I was ringing in 8mbps and some 11. So I tried the LTE and wow what a difference. Also I know the guy in sprint who is one out of many assigned to oversee 4G LTE conversion. He mentioned in order to maintain a strong 4G LTE network you have to improve the current network. I been on Verizon and there 3G SUCKS!! Between ABQ and Gallup. Why cause a contact of mine said Verizon was to focused on 4G LTE and didn't wanna invest time into improving there 3G out of ABQ limits. Now with Sprint I get excellent 3G between ABQ & Gallup. Point is sprint I assume are taking this slow & easy cause they want to do it RIGHT! hell the verizon store on coors by pass near costco believes that sprints 4G LTE network is really 4G WIMAX.

You're telling me you turned off lte, was on 3g, and picked up 8 Mb to 11 Mb download speeds? If that's what you are saying, then you indeed have no credibility.

Now cause I'm getting better excellent improved signal from sprint 3G in ABQ and the video resolution is great shows me 3G is improving hell on Friday I rang in 4mbps on a speed test I did. So call me a liar I know what I'm experiencing now is MUCH better than the 3G network a year ago when I started with sprint.

Call it whatever you want. Until you go to Houston or LA then I'll gladly hear you out on your opinions. Until then I know what I saw I know what my phone ran and I was impressed. Maybe it was a tower being worked on and I got those speed readings maybe not. I don't know you don't know. All I know is that my phone ran this good I was so happy.

Call it whatever you want. Until you go to Houston or LA then I'll gladly hear you out on your opinions. Until then I know what I saw I know what my phone ran and I was impressed. Maybe it was a tower being worked on and I got those speed readings maybe not. I don't know you don't know. All I know is that my phone ran this good I was so happy.

It is impossible to get speeds over 3Mbps on 3G. So your claim that you got 8Mbps is what has ruined your credibility.

Sprint is not making 3G "on par" with LTE. It's not physically possible.

The reason for the delayed LTE in the Albuquerque market is well documented. It's a backhaul issue, it has nothing to do with where crews are working. 

Try not insulting the people who actually know what they are talking about, or your time here will be short. 

I call that an ego issue of being offended where people like me just post there opinions, and people like you get hurt.

We're not offended, we are just trying to make this forum a source of accurate information. We are just questioning the legitimacy of your claims.

• Like 1

Name adrian, please read the site rules.

You are out of line. This is your warning. If you continue to insult other site members you will spend some time on a vacation from

S4GRU posting.

Besides, most members on here know more than your average line sales people with Sprint Corporation.

I stopped reading when you said you got 8/11 Mbps in LA with 3G.

Verizon will say anything to customers to make others sound bad. Verizon in Albuquerque doesn't have true 4G LTE at all! More like 3.5 G because they use microwaves instead of fiber, besides like two towers in town. They got fed up with CenturyLink as they were taking way too long to install it.

Your claim seems invaild, but no one is threating you or anything, just trying to provide accutate information.

So I just talked to a CL guy that was at my house for repairing my internet, asked him if he knew anything about installing Fiber/backhaul and he only said that the delay might be due to the employee's going on stike and that some new contracts for the employee's should be done Friday. He didn't know much though.

• Like 1

So I just talked to a CL guy that was at my house for repairing my internet, asked him if he knew anything about installing Fiber/backhaul and he only said that the delay might be due to the employee's going on stike and that some new contracts for the employee's should be done Friday. He didn't know much though.

I hope that's true. I'm at ord and wow, just wow. Love the lte here and how reliable it is! Looking forward to this at Abq.

It does kind of make sense though, why the slow progress. As per this new article http://tcbmag.com/News/Recent-News/2013/October/CenturyLink-Workers-Year-Long-Labor-Dispute-Ends says New Mexico was in part of the strike.

good looking, that article was released just today and you already have it to share with us. Edited by e127nb

I have had Sprint for nearly 3 years now. It's bizarre how long these things seem to take in the NM area. Do we honestly expect to have 4G LTE for Sprint by the end of this year?

I personally believe that we will. We had 6 3G acceptances from the last two days of last week. If a pace begins, I believe it is possible.