Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

They are building a new tower site on the corner of tower and 86th st. In albuquerque. Anybody know what carrier is going to utilize this newly constructed tower site? Hope its sprint. They havent put panels on it yet so maybe I can answer my own question by looking at the panels once they r up.

They are building a new tower site on the corner of tower and 86th st. In albuquerque. Anybody know what carrier is going to utilize this newly constructed tower site? Hope its sprint. They havent put panels on it yet so maybe I can answer my own question by looking at the panels once they r up.

Looking at the Sponsor map, my guess would be to say no it will not be Sprint. From Tower and 86th, there is a Sprint tower about a half mile to the NW.  That being said, it looks like that portion of town is a little light on towers compared to just north of I40.

That being said, it would help to see the antennas and/or base stations.

Edit: I haven't see any movement at all the towers that are either 3G accepted or In progress in regards to backhaul put in. It is quite depressing.

Looking at the Sponsor map, my guess would be to say no it will not be Sprint. From Tower and 86th, there is a Sprint tower about a half mile to the NW.  That being said, it looks like that portion of town is a little light on towers compared to just north of I40. That being said, it would help to see the antennas and/or base stations. Edit: I haven't see any movement at all the towers that are either 3G accepted or In progress in regards to backhaul put in. It is quite depressing.

I think they should have the base station up in the next day or two I will try and get pictures.

So for all of you who work right near me... I just got a ping of 168 and download speeds of 1.74 mbps at work. This is by far the fastest speeds I've gotten here at work on 3g.

Hopefully that is a sign of upgraded backhaul.

I a slightly skepitcal due to the ping. Due to the shutdown, many operations at forest service have been slimmed. I assume the same for DOI. It might be that towers are not loaded in the journal center area.

you are probably right. I was worried about the ping too, it should be sub 100 if it was fiber.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Just ran a speed test of my own. Again, this is from inside my building which is adjacent to one of the currently empty US Forestry offices, got a 297 ping and a craptacular .44 Mbps down, .35 Mbps up.  Usual rotten performance.

Just ran a speed test of my own. Again, this is from inside my building which is adjacent to one of the currently empty US Forestry offices, got a 297 ping and a craptacular .44 Mbps down, .35 Mbps up.  Usual rotten performance.

Yeah it only was that good once. I'm back to getting similar results. 

Ok the last acceptance was on 9/25. I am sure that movement in the market has halted, especially abq. I am getting very disappointed and frustrated.

Couldn't agree more! Hope they at least have some sort of LTE before May, when my upgrade is. If not by then, here comes September when I cancel Sprint.

Couldn't agree more! Hope they at least have some sort of LTE before May, when my upgrade is. If not by then, here comes September when I cancel Sprint.

I don't see it taking that long. I just thought something would be done. I am not blaming sprint but centurylink.

I don't see it taking that long. I just thought something would be done. I am not blaming sprint but centurylink.

I sure hope it doesn't take that long. I should have asked the guy that I passed yesterday on my way to the bus stop if he knew anything about what's going on.

I sure hope it doesn't take that long. I should have asked the guy that I passed yesterday on my way to the bus stop if he knew anything about what's going on.

I have seen an extra ordinary amount of Centurylink trucks in ABQ lately. It has gotten my hopes up.  I am praying for a Christmas miracle for at least a couple towers turned on.

I still don't see a $ amount there?

That's because there isn't one. S4GRU accepts any donation, but typically needs $20-25 per sponsor to keep the lights on. But we also know that everyone is in a different financial situation, so you wallet is your guide. 

I drove through t or c and tested the LTE there. I was only getting 1mbps up and down. That was almost similar to the 3G speeds I used to get there.

On a side note, still haven't picked up LTE on the eastern towers of cruces since the 30th. Not sure why LTE went down...

I drove through t or c and tested the LTE there. I was only getting 1mbps up and down. That was almost similar to the 3G speeds I used to get there.

On a side note, still haven't picked up LTE on the eastern towers of cruces since the 30th. Not sure why LTE went down...

The TorC site hasn't been accepted yet. So they may have it hooked up to legacy backhaul while checking if the equipment is operational and forgot to take it down.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

That's because there isn't one. S4GRU accepts any donation, but typically needs $20-25 per sponsor to keep the lights on. But we also know that everyone is in a different financial situation, so you wallet is your guide. 

Thanks DK! Always so helpful :)