Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Sweet! But now b25 is gonna be swamped. Again. Now we just need more backhaul!!

You don't need more backhaul. You need more macro sites, more pico sites (small cells), and more importantly the LTE carriers on B41. 

You don't need more backhaul. You need more macro sites, more pico sites (small cells), and more importantly the LTE carriers on B41.

I think he's saying that now more sites need to receive their upgraded backhaul. At least that's how I read it.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I think he's saying that now more sites need to receive their upgraded backhaul. At least that's how I read it.

Read his message wrong but it's still a very valid statement of what Sprint needs to do in my honest opinion. 

• Like 3

Actually, I think SF upgrades are much smoother than in other places where B25 towers go up one by one.  In those markets (like San Jose area), a B25 tower goes up and LTE signal would cover area typically spanned by 4-5 surrounding towers - leaving little LTE bandwidth in the end for a device that locks onto it.  It would actually make 3G service much better as all the LTE devices in that area would battle for a sliver of 5x5 LTE freeing up 3G.

Today, in SF, there are many B41 towers.  B41 is VERY capable of providing bandwidth equivalent of 4-5 B25 LTE towers.  Looking at LTE Discovery app (which I'm liking much more than SCP), there's something near 3rd & I-80 in SOMA that's blanketing area as far as 7th & Townsend with useful speeds.  With eCSFB up, it's a better experience than what SF has suffered with for the last two years where single LTE towers would struggle with the load.

• Like 2

I think with CSFB working and B41 available (probably?) during my commute. I think I'm almost ready to kill my T-Mobile service and switch back to Sprint :)

I wonder if the rest of the 3G only sites that are live in SF are just waiting for integration techs or if backhaul still isn't there.

• Like 1

I think with CSFB working and B41 available (probably?) during my commute. I think I'm almost ready to kill my T-Mobile service and switch back to Sprint :)

I wonder if the rest of the 3G only sites that are live in SF are just waiting for integration techs or if backhaul still isn't there.

I'd give it one more month. What is your commute?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jijrtgf0ogyamsa/2014-08-13%2005.22.31.png

Forgot to post this last night.

West Oakland close to 12th St

It's everywhere. And powerful too, I catch the same B26 tower at home in Mission Bay and at Macarthur BART.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm glad to see the hotel I built in Downtown Napa is still standing. Although, I wouldn't have wanted to be in it. I never liked the type of steel structural support system that the structural engineer designed. It must have sounded awful as the building moved.

• Like 3

When the 5.1 hit Virginia, those of us in NYC felt it too and panicked. People were standing in the street waiting for buildings to crumble since we don't experience them very often. I guess I can add that to the list of things I've experienced in NYC: 

Floods, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Blizzards, and an Earthquake. 

I didn't feel a thing when I was in upper Manhattan for that earthquake. This one in sf was scary. It was like being a bus and train passed right under my apt for 20 seconds.

What's crazy is that, I was on the phone with a friend from North Carolina who was telling me his house is shaking and about 10 seconds later my house started shaking. My aunt claimed she didn't feel a thing but still ran because everyone else was. A lot of people didn't notice it but I certainly did.