Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Seeing the RRU's and Panels up doesn't mean the site is complete and ready to spit out 4G LTE. For instance I saw a site and even took pics of the workers up on the tower. I went back a week later and they were gone and everything buttoned up, this was around Thanksgiving. A couple days ago the site was swarming with workers and 2 guys were half way up the tower.

They turn on each site when it is ready, inspected and accepted. One at a time. There will not be en masse LTE turn on. When there is an amalgamation of sites on covering enough area, they will launch. However, launch is not important. Launch is just a press release. Having live sites in the areas you use them is what is important.

So just keep tracking deployments on S4GRU and Sensorly. You'll get far more info from that than Sprint will ever give you. Before of after so called launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 5

https://www.dropbox....07-10-55-01.png

Never used sensorly before but I fired it up when I noticed the 4G icon on my EVO LTE. For some reason, the data isn't actually working though. I'm new to the site and sensorly so I apologize if everyone already knows this or if I'm doing it wrong, lol.

I'm at 6850 Veterans Blvd, Metairie, LA 70003 - Dibbz.

Edited by kevinsalterego

Might want to kill that last screenshot as it has your number in it.

The LTE engineering screen we were talking about was the dialer ##DEBUG# screen.

And for Sensorly if you find new coverage the map will not have the purple. If you want to map new areas then just open Sensorly and for a safe guard hit the Map Trip then start. This will keep Sensorly running even in the background. Drive around for a bit mapping the new area out. Then hit Stop Trip and it should upload your points. Look on the details screen on Sensorly and it will show you how many points are left to upload. Then usually within the day the map will be updated with the new coverage you mapped out.

You guys have definitely mapped out that one site in Kenner like crazy! GOOD JOB!!

You guys have definitely mapped out that one site in Kenner like crazy! GOOD JOB!!

Just so you know, this site is in Metairie... you Baton Rouger kept saying Kenner, and that is why I kept getting confused!

:)

It is 3600ft east of the line!

Just so you know, this site is in Metairie... you Baton Rouger kept saying Kenner, and that is why I kept getting confused!

See...there ya go not knowing the right names. LOL.. I think I kept seeing Kenner on the map at the zoom level I was. Will make a mental note of it ;)

Shhh, don't tell the boss. I see all the NOLA cities and such all the time with work, you'd think if I could name and locate all the 64 parishes in the state that I would know where Metairie was at.

• Like 1

But the coverage goes in to kenna bra. ;)

I am still perplexed about that purple over the spillway. Any chance there are some panels on those power lines that run parallel to I10? If so it seems odd that would get upgraded considering the only access is by boat. Strange.

eta:nevermind just read the other thread

It's Kennetry Bra :-)

Not a mistake, there are a few people working on finding out what tower it is from.

I just drove the 310 to 10 route. Phone never showed 4g. But I am becoming frustrated as it appears my EVO LTE has the 3g to 4g hand off issue. Not a happy camper with this phone atm.

Anyway sorry I couldn't be of much help on this on this one. Going to see what I can do about this hand off issue.

I just drove the 310 to 10 route. Phone never showed 4g. But I am becoming frustrated as it appears my EVO LTE has the 3g to 4g hand off issue. Not a happy camper with this phone atm.

Anyway sorry I couldn't be of much help on this on this one. Going to see what I can do about this hand off issue.

You probably didn't pick it up due to the EVO LTE or even due to different conditions. I am betting this site is far from that location and by RF design it wasn't meant to be used at that location.

Do you have the latest update with the new baseband?

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

You probably didn't pick it up due to the EVO LTE or even due to different conditions. I am betting this site is far from that location and by RF design it wasn't meant to be used at that location.

Do you have the latest update with the new baseband?

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Yes, I am running a rooted jb ROM with the newest radios. I am going to update my profile and prl though.

I was running sensorly earlier and was driving on 10 in the middle of the purple area near the tower and it didn't hand off till I was literally directly underneath it. That is why I am concerned.

Yes, I am running a rooted jb ROM with the newest radios. I am going to update my profile and prl though.

I was running sensorly earlier and was driving on 10 in the middle of the purple area near the tower and it didn't hand off till I was literally directly underneath it. That is why I am concerned.

There's your problem. If you are in 3G mode with an active data connection, your phone will not hand "up" to 4G. Sensorly was probably uploading and or downloading map data.

I trust you flashed the other pieces of the radio update as well.

• Like 1

There's your problem. If you are in 3G mode with an active data connection, your phone will not hand "up" to 4G. Sensorly was probably uploading and or downloading map data.

[\quote]

I trust you flashed the other pieces of the radio update as well.

Ah, interesting. Learned something new. Will try to see the hand off without a dedicated connection a few times.

Everything but the HBoot.

Ah, interesting. Learned something new. Will try to see the hand off without a dedicated connection a few times.

Everything but the HBoot.

I was worried if I was having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S3 going from 3G to 4G. It took 4 minutes to switch while sitting directly next to the tower in New Orleans East. I did some "google research" when I got home and found that the EVO LTE and the SGS3 both have 5 minute scan intervals for 4G. So it's possible your phone didn't even make a 4G scan while you were going through that small section of Interstate.

If you know you're in a 4G area, cycle airplane mode on and back off and your phone should go directly into 4G if you have a 4G signal.

I was worried if I was having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S3 going from 3G to 4G. It took 4 minutes to switch while sitting directly next to the tower in New Orleans East. I did some "google research" when I got home and found that the EVO LTE and the SGS3 both have 5 minute scan intervals for 4G. So it's possible your phone didn't even make a 4G scan while you were going through that small section of Interstate.

If you know you're in a 4G area, cycle airplane mode on and back off and your phone should go directly into 4G if you have a 4G signal.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I knew about the airplane mode trick but hate having to do it.