Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

It seems the farther they get the slower LTE gets my speeds have been 1-2 down on LTE I use to get 10-15 down

Slowing down as more users get on it is inevitable, but it shouldn't be too bad. Not like 3G anyways lol.

• Like 1

Slowing down as more users get on it is inevitable, but it shouldn't be too bad. Not like 3G anyways lol.

That's not the issue he is experiencing. He either is not replicating exactly the same experience between the 10-15Mbps speeds and the new speeds (like being in a different room of his house), or the downtilt/sector pointing has been adjusted, or he is getting interference from a newly turned on site and further adjustments are necessary. This is not unusual during deployment.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

New tower lit on State Road 60 and Dover Rd in Hillsborough County.

I passed by the site a few weeks back when I noticed the Lithia Pinecrest/Valrico Rd. site lit up. I saw the panels there and glad to hear it has lit up. Great news.

I did a small amount of mapping of the newly 'turned on' LTE tower on Dale Mabry, just South of Van Dyke Rd. I took a scenic route through North Dale to lunch. The mapping is starting to show up on Sensorly. I was surprised at what a short distance the LTE seems to travel, compared to the other towers I've mapped. I suspect that this may be due to how many more towers there are in the Carrollwood area, as apposed to the areas that I've mapped in Pasco County. That tower is very close to my office on Van Dyke near the Veteran's, yet I cannot pick up LTE in the parking lot of the building. I'll do some more mapping when I have the spare time...

I just did some more Sensorly mapping to the West of the new tower at I75 & SR54. There is quite a large area still not mapped on Sensorly. I'll do more mapping later if no one else does before me...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

For the second time today, I got that mystery 4G on SR52, near the Suncoast Parkway.

Looking at the LTE Discovery app, it is reporting some data, although the GPS coordinates aren't changing. I recognize 5116 as the SID, but the number immediately before that is unfamiliar to me. Those numbers are (at different times in a 15-minute period, heading south) 5105, 3522, 3523, 13106, 4017, 4003, 5106

Again, GPS coordinates were all the same, even though I was moving. So, that's little help to me.

Can someone identify the various tower sites, from this info? I think 3522 and 3523 are most likely the ones I picked up on 52.

Thanks!

For the second time today, I got that mystery 4G on SR52, near the Suncoast Parkway.

Looking at the LTE Discovery app, it is reporting some data, although the GPS coordinates aren't changing. I recognize 5116 as the SID, but the number immediately before that is unfamiliar to me. Those numbers are (at different times in a 15-minute period, heading south) 5105, 3522, 3523, 13106, 4017, 4003, 5106

Again, GPS coordinates were all the same, even though I was moving. So, that's little help to me.

Can someone identify the various tower sites, from this info? I think 3522 and 3523 are most likely the ones I picked up on 52.

Thanks!

Was your GPS actually enabled? It will just take general network location if GPS isn't enabled.

GPS is always enabled on my phone. It correctly reported the first point, but no updates after that. I had the app set to automatically cycle after discovering LTE, so there may have been a delay in getting a GPS fix, after coming out of airplane mode. Could the app be faster than the GPS?

GPS is always enabled on my phone. It correctly reported the first point, but no updates after that. I had the app set to automatically cycle after discovering LTE, so there may have been a delay in getting a GPS fix, after coming out of airplane mode. Could the app be faster than the GPS?

That's certainly a possibility. In my initial testing, just like you, it correctly reported (at least) the first point so I never really looked any further into it. I'll take a look into it this weekend though. It actually might be an easy fix if it is what I'm thinking it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Who would have thought we would have found ourselves with multiple sites coming online and not being able to g et them all mapped quickly!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having problems just identifying anything new on Sensorly. So much purple already on the map makes it hard to find anything new lol.

• Like 2

I'm having problems just identifying anything new on Sensorly. So much purple already on the map makes it hard to find anything new lol.

Now these are the problems we always wanted. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 5

You mean you can't tell when one shade of purple changes to another? :P

Can't wait til more places are like that.

• Like 1

I love how Pinellas is all purple but... west pasco has nothing... lets go... NPR, Holiday, port richey, st rd 54 st rd 52 ridge road..19 i know there are sites, just none turned on..

There's still nothing east of 275 in St. Pete. From Pinellas Point all the way up. The 3G down town is faster for me than the weak 4G signal. But I know it's coming. I gotta be patient.

I'm working up in Brooksville today. So, I'm mapping some unmapped areas around the Spring Hill tower as well as the tower at SR54 & I75...

More to come...

I'm working up in Brooksville today. So, I'm mapping some unmapped areas around the Spring Hill tower as well as the tower at SR54 & I75...

More to come...

I'm going out on the bike and map a bit out in the Plant City, Valrico areas.

• Like 1

There's still nothing east of 275 in St. Pete. From Pinellas Point all the way up. The 3G down town is faster for me than the weak 4G signal. But I know it's coming. I gotta be patient.

Last night I had LTE at world of liquor on 5th

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2