Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Were you ever able to check and see if there was a dbm different between the Evo LTE and S3 as far as 1x and EVDO was concerned?

I checked the EVDO RSSI levels between the Evo LTE and the S3. Side by side the S3 is getting 10-14 dbms better signal than the evo

I checked the EVDO RSSI levels between the Evo LTE and the S3. Side by side the S3 is getting 10-14 dbms better signal than the evo

In my testing, the S3 only had a 1-3dBm improvement over the EVO LTE. For something that drastic, they must have been connected to different sites. Which is not unusual.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

good point. i'll check the site ids next time

For EVDO, you have to look at the PN on the EVDO Engineering screen.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

New towers lit in Hudson and in Clearwater according to Sensorly.

Yes to Hudson!

I just happened to look down at my phone, here at home, and saw that glorious 4G symbol glowing brightly at the top of the screen.:)

Speed tests to come.

I'm just off SR52, between Moon Lake and Suncoast Parkway.

Glad to see something going on in this group. Lately been a little disapponted as sone of the new sites lately have been less than inpressive on coverage, and still a number of sites that have had panels for some time still have not come online. Good to see some progress. Headed down to the south west Florida market again this weekend so will be hunting there in my travels.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

There must be a second site in Hudson, in addition to the one marked on Sensorly.

I was at the Mobil station, just east of 52 and Suncoast, and noticed that I was in 4G, with a full signal meter (the graphical one only, didn't check diagnostics). I would have been too far from the other site, to get such a strong signal.

Unfortunately, I've had problems getting Sensorly to start tracking on my Moto Photon Q, so I can't put it on the map right now.

I wonder how close we are from an official launch from Sprint. I will be excited to see some of the NV 3g clusters come online.

I would hope that they don't launch until the major city centers are turned on. Still nothing in the downtown core of Tampa or St. Pete yet.

I agree, but I have heard the announce at around 40% build out. Curios how close that is.

according to this: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Tampa*

...Sites Complete = 16%;Anticipated LTE Launch= Spring 2013

...Original Scheduled Completion = March 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = November 2013

I agree Ericsson is in no rush to get the sites on and going. The tower crews are getting all the equipment up and ready and then it just sits in limbo. The tower I just posted pics of and the crew was there said after there done everything should be operational in less than 30days. I know there are three sites alone in Hernando county that have been complete for a while and yet there still not active yet.

Glad to see something going on in this group. Lately been a little disapponted as sone of the new sites lately have been less than inpressive on coverage, and still a number of sites that have had panels for some time still have not come online. Good to see some progress. Headed down to the south west Florida market again this weekend so will be hunting there in my travels.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

OK, just finished a lot of driving around the Hudson area. There are definitely two new towers up and running. They are almost close enough to provide seamless 4G, but not quite...there's still one 3G-only tower in between.

Both towers are on the north side of SR52. One is on the northeast corner of Fivay High School, and the other is on Hays Rd, alongside the Withlacoochee River Electric Co-Op office.

I didn't go as far as US19, but there might be a little fringe coverage there, from the Fivay HS site. I wouldn't expect too much, yet.

Sensorly seems to be in the process of loading my tracks now. Drove around for about 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Are we still looking at a spring launch ?

Keep in mind too that as long as you are on this site and keeping up with sensorly at the same time nothing will be changing the day they announce launch from the night you went to bed..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

While seemingly a superficial distinction, I think that an official launch is important because with it brings responsibility and accountability. The 'beta' nature of an unlaunched market allows Sprint to get away with substantial holes in LTE coverage or lower that expected speeds. However once launch occurs, Sprint is obligated to deliver on its promises of an improved network and 4G speeds. This is a very significant thing to me, and I'm sure to many others.

While seemingly a superficial distinction, I think that an official launch is important because with it brings responsibility and accountability. The 'beta' nature of an unlaunched market allows Sprint to get away with substantial holes in LTE coverage or lower that expected speeds. However once launch occurs, Sprint is obligated to deliver on its promises of an improved network and 4G speeds. This is a very significant thing to me, and I'm sure to many others.

Great point!

I disagree. There's a difference between a launch and a completion. Just because sprint announce a launch doesn't mean they are going to change the rest of the build out. They're still going to have to test the panels they put up and ajust for maximum coverage. And unil the build out is complete, there will still be holes in the coverage.