Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Is there a reason there aren't any towers done in east St. Pete, or is that just the luck of the draw? It just seems weird that nothing is done east of 275.

Bill I have been spending a lot of time downtown lately. There is a very weak 4G signal there.. It must becoming from east of 275..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Bill I have been spending a lot of time downtown lately. There is a very weak 4G signal there.. It must becoming from east of 275..

I've mapped all over downtown and I can't find where its coming from. When I get over by the USF campus I lose the signal and the same by the Vinoy. Any ways it's no big deal. It's just something I was wondering.

I've mapped all over downtown and I can't find where its coming from. When I get over by the USF campus I lose the signal and the same by the Vinoy. Any ways it's no big deal. It's just something I was wondering.

Got really confused when you said USF campus lol. Forgot about the St. Pete campus!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

A while back (early November) I posted some pics of a tower near me. I am on the east end of Summerfield in Riverview. The newest tower near me on the south end of the Covington Park subdivision in Riverview is too far away, at least the way the direction the antennas are aimed to make it to me, even outdoors. The other closest one, which really is a good deal away on Bell Shoals, used to give me a weak signal, but that has since changed.

The pics that I did post were of a tower on the northeast end of the Panther Trace subdivision near Panther Trace and Balm Riverview Rd. It appeared AT&T had upgraded that site already, as well as others, but alas not Sprint. Well, because I am tired of the treadmill, I decided to take a bicycle ride. Low and behold when I came up to the tower yesterday I saw the pullies and lines on the tower. Looked promising that work might be taking place soon. Rode the bicycle that way again today and sure enough, I caught a glimpse of the guy running lines up the tower.

Based on that I would say that the tower located in the Panther Trace sub in Riverview is underway and should bridge the gap between the Covington Park tower and Bell Shoals and maybe give me some 4G here (although when I am at home I use WiFi).

Here are a few photos taken (not with my good camera however so no close ups of the tower dog on there). He probably wouldn't wave either as it was very windy out today.

http://bit.ly/12uSAc8

http://bit.ly/15ymw4O

http://bit.ly/XTw08s

I can confirm the Nebraska/Waters Ave tower is on.

Wow, I posted photos of that tower I took on S4GRU on 12/07/2012. When I took those photos it looked like work was over there on the tower and didn't appear that anything else was going on.

Bars lie. Don't use them as a determining factor if your service is good or not. Check signal strength instead or better yet your experience. If you have 3 bars but you are pulling down 10MBs dl it wouldn't seem to make a difference

I attached my iPhone Speed tests. To me it seems a bit slower her than in New Tampa. What are your thoughts?

post-9773-0-40534200-1362694441_thumb.png

The pics that I did post were of a tower on the northeast end of the Panther Trace subdivision near Panther Trace and Balm Riverview Rd. It appeared AT&T had upgraded that site already, as well as others, but alas not Sprint. Well, because I am tired of the treadmill, I decided to take a bicycle ride. Low and behold when I came up to the tower yesterday I saw the pullies and lines on the tower. Looked promising that work might be taking place soon. Rode the bicycle that way again today and sure enough, I caught a glimpse of the guy running lines up the tower.

Took another bicycle ride to the site, but no one there as it was after 5pm and I worked late today. Cable guy is done as he draped each of the runs over each of the panel sets on the tower, so not its up to the guys to hang the panels and I suspect they will be out soon to do that.

Took another bicycle ride to the site, but no one there as it was after 5pm and I worked late today. Cable guy is done as he draped each of the runs over each of the panel sets on the tower, so not its up to the guys to hang the panels and I suspect they will be out soon to do that.

Speaking of old sites do you Reber the site here in Pinellas that you rode to. Said it was cramped inside? They recently put the panels up finally

Speaking of old sites do you Reber the site here in Pinellas that you rode to. Said it was cramped inside? They recently put the panels up finally

Wow, that took some time!

I got a decent 4g signal 275 and gandy. 12 down and 3 up. I went west on gandy and the signal fell off around 19. I'll try to get back that way later today to map.

I was over at the McDonald's at Gandy and 19 last nice was pulling about 10 dl.. Have no idea where it's coming from though. We have been getting signals in that area for a while now. I think the site at Mainlands is up though

While biking the Suncoast Trail over the weekend, I stumbled on a new 4G site, about five miles north of SR50. I didn't know about it, until I checked Sensorly later in the day. So, I didn't have a chance to see how far it covers.

I'm going to have to get over that way and check it out. Still having a little trouble making out some of the things in the pics I guess due to the angle. Hope they fire it up soon.

One thing about this site is it should help bridge some gaps between since firing up the Covington Park site and help a little in Sun City Center.

On another note, Sun City Center is a real challenge, especially indoors in places like Bob Evans or Sunny's BBQ just having voice phone coverage.

Have you visited the site on 41 just south of Sun City Center recently?

• Like 1

I'm going to have to get over that way and check it out. Still having a little trouble making out some of the things in the pics I guess due to the angle. Hope they fire it up soon.

One thing about this site is it should help bridge some gaps between since firing up the Covington Park site and help a little in Sun City Center.

On another note, Sun City Center is a real challenge, especially indoors in places like Bob Evans or Sunny's BBQ just having voice phone coverage.

Have you visited the site on 41 just south of Sun City Center recently?

I would if I could but I can't drive I took those pictures while jogging with some friends

I've been AWOL for a few weeks, but just noticed strong LTE signal on SR54 near Eiland Blvd/Morris Bridge Red. I suspect the tower by my home went 'live' today... Woo-Hoo! ;). I saw the NV panels going up around new years, so it took ~ 3 months from then. Also, at least one of the downtown Zephyrhills towers seemed to go live a few weeks ago. There's LTE all around me! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2