Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

whats the fastest speed we've see in the area so far? Seems like most people are getting 12-15 mbps with highs in the 18-19mbps range. My gf got 30mbps on her S3, i'm just wondering wether that tower has better backhaul or if its been optimized?

One was at like 100 and thr other was 114dbm giver or take. It gets lte everywhe the S3 does unlike my Gnexus lol just seems to be harder for it to get and stay connected

14dbm is a huge difference. Between the Evo LTE and S3 i usually see ~8dbm side by side. just to give you an idea, 8 dbm is about how much you loose by going indoors or the difference between betting 1-3 mpbs and 10-12mbps

whats the fastest speed we've see in the area so far? Seems like most people are getting 12-15 mbps with highs in the 18-19mbps range. My gf got 30mbps on her S3, i'm just wondering wether that tower has better backhaul or if its been optimized?

ill get 31 down at my house

I've gotten 35 down on a tower in New Tampa.

14dbm is a huge difference. Between the Evo LTE and S3 i usually see ~8dbm side by side. just to give you an idea, 8 dbm is about how much you loose by going indoors or the difference between betting 1-3 mpbs and 10-12mbps

Were you ever able to check and see if there was a dbm different between the Evo LTE and S3 as far as 1x and EVDO was concerned?

There's a crane at the tower on 66th just north of park Blvd installing nv panels. It's the tower that has what looks like a Doppler radar on it.

Good catch. I stayed home sick today or I would have seen it.. That will fill in coverage nicely in area. Can't wait to see.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I believe it is actually the same radio as the S3. I wonder how much the metal backing comes into play here...

all the antennas are in the top plastic half. i know the lte modem is built into the Qualcomm chipset in the same die as the processor. But i dont know if theres a separate amplifier component.

Hopefully soon it wont matter as much as we'll get the dead/fringe spots filled in.

all the antennas are in the top plastic half. i know the lte modem is built into the Qualcomm chipset in the same die as the processor. But i dont know if theres a separate amplifier component.

Hopefully soon it wont matter as much as we'll get the dead/fringe spots filled in.

They can't be all in the top. LTE requires diversity.

Sent from my little Note2

They can't be all in the top. LTE requires diversity.

Sent from my little Note2

true good point, i forgot about the plastic insert at the bottom as well. thats were the second antenna must be located.

There's a crane at the tower on 66th just north of park Blvd installing nv panels. It's the tower that has what looks like a Doppler radar on it.

Just went by that site, looks like they have some panels up there was another built and on the ground.

here are 2 photos from this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ti3ryo0xe07h0i/Photo%20Feb%2019%2C%209%2051%2050%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wryrnwkgh7uylb5/Photo%20Feb%2019%2C%209%2050%2020%20AM.jpg

• Like 1

Just went by that site, looks like they have some panels up there was another built and on the ground.

here are 2 photos from this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ti3ryo0xe07h0i/Photo%20Feb%2019%2C%209%2051%2050%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wryrnwkgh7uylb5/Photo%20Feb%2019%2C%209%2050%2020%20AM.jpg

Make sure you let Robert know about this site so he can add it to the in progress sites on the maps

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2