Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

http://www.speedtest.net/android/459303234.png

Got off 84 in Hartford today, and got these speeds and ping. Do things get this bad during network vision upgrades?

I called about Enfield again this morning. The rep said they would put a real time note on the tower for the "network team to monitor. She said the slow speeds were everyone getting on social media. :-)

• Like 1

I was driving yesterday and picked up Sprint lte in Newtown on I84 and also in New Haven near Southern college speed test NH 25.71 and Newton

13.79.I may have posted this wrong it is my first time posting.

Network vision system upgrades look fantastic in New Haven! On my iPhone 4S I was getting 2.34 Mb down At the Omni Hotel.

I was in that hotel shortly after it opened. I think it was 1989 or 1990. It was an office building that was converted into a hotel. It was the nicest hotel in Connecticut when it opened.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, horrible signal in East Windsor lately.  Tower next to me keeps dropping off, and then down in the center of Warehouse Point/Windsor Locks the signal is even worse, like the towers across the river have died.  Sad part is, I dont see any evidence of work going on to justify it.  

Any eyes see anything in the i91 north of hartford corridor going on?

• Like 1

Well, horrible signal in East Windsor lately.  Tower next to me keeps dropping off, and then down in the center of Warehouse Point/Windsor Locks the signal is even worse, like the towers across the river have died.  Sad part is, I dont see any evidence of work going on to justify it.  

Unfortunately, nothing.  I was getting about 1100/1000kbps in Enfield around Wendy's (Exit 48) the other night, but in general, the speeds are very bad.  I keep looking at the tower right around Exit 46, as I go by every day, but no trucks or anything like that.  I guess we will just keep waiting and hoping it hits our area soon.  I got some nice 4G speeds in Natick, MA over the weekend, so I'm sure once the backhaul and 4G is in place, things will be very much improved. 

• Like 1

Well well well, I am hoping things just got interesting.  Saw a few trucks head up to the water tank tower in East Windsor next to the highway, and they were there all day. I couldnt catch the contractors name, and they had something on a trailer.  Now, the public safety radio system in town had some issues early this week, and that radio tower is right next to the water tank, so, this really could be me just looking into it way to much, but who knows........The tower would have a huge impact on service on the i91 corridor, since it can see from Hartford to Springfield, maybe they are starting work.  Cant hurt to hope right?   :P

Saturday morning I plan to snoop around from the backside a little and see if I can get any hints of whats going on up there.

• Like 1

I thought I saw in another thread that NV towers get turned on in clusters.  Does this mean that probably we will see work at a bunch of sites, and then all of a sudden things will get much better at once?  I noticed there are 4 towers marked complete in Hartford, and around there, it is hit and miss.  sometimes my downloads are 1.2-1.6mbps, other times they are 0.1-0.4mbps. 

I live by the river in East Windsor and can't even send a text.  My signal goes from none at all to one bar.

I am going to try to peek at the water tank above the nursing home (essentially above Walmart) tomorrow. Since its a Saturday, I don't expect to see much, and then I am driving out to the cape (love me some of that LTE there)

I'll watch closely Monday.

Someone took panels off the rack at the tower behind Hotcakes on RT 5, I don't know if they were nextel ones, but who else would be removing anything from that tower?

I have a hunch, we are getting closer. Signal in this area was awesome, for years and years, and last week it started being crappy. I used to live by the river in EW, now, I live a few miles away in EW, so the signal woes were obvious to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

I am going to try to peek at the water tank above the nursing home (essentially above Walmart) tomorrow. Since its a Saturday, I don't expect to see much, and then I am driving out to the cape (love me some of that LTE there)

I'll watch closely Monday.

Someone took panels off the rack at the tower behind Hotcakes on RT 5, I don't know if they were nextel ones, but who else would be removing anything from that tower?

I have a hunch, we are getting closer. Signal in this area was awesome, for years and years, and last week it started being crappy. I used to live by the river in EW, now, I live a few miles away in EW, so the signal woes were obvious to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I agree, I hope we are close.  Sprint still has pretty good signals at my house for data (although I use WiFi at home).  I've been testing data speeds on Verizon 3G, and they can be slow in this area too.  I read somewhere that they aren't putting more money into their 3G (why would they?), so there probably won't be more carriers added to speed things up.  So I figure I'll be patient and wait for Sprint. 

Only problem is that my desk at work moved to where I'm roaming now, and I've already exceeded the 300MB cap.  I might get forced off in a few months, I guess we will see.  If the get the 1X going on 800 soon, maybe that will keep me from roaming.

So, I can't really verify anything on the water tank in East Windsor. Its secluded up on the hill, and the back yards I peeked through, I can see work on the ground, but so far nothing on the tank itself. I can see half the tank though, so should people start hanging off it, i should notice.

Wish I had better news on that.

Still don't see anything going on on top of the hotel at the airport, even though 3g data barely works. I am staring at - 63 evdo signal strength, and my speed test just now was. 100 down, 200 up. :(

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but I thought I saw a tower at exit 35A on I-91 that looked like the panels were removed.  I will try to look harder tomorrow (it is closer to the southbound direction).  Maybe a Nextel tower?

• Like 1

OK, I'll say the week before Memorial Day, and I'll guess it's in the Hartford metro area.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I was hoping you were right, then I was hoping my June 15 would be right, but barring pure luck, my next hope is my July 1 hope. Still nothing for LTE popping in this region yet. Damn.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A year ago, before nextel subs moved on mass, things were a lot faster around here. Heck, i could get almost 2000 down at the airport, now I am lucky to pull 100, and at off hours it only peaks at 1000.

Soon though. Its coming!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Did a full drive of East Windsor and Windsor Locks today to kill some time, no sign of work anywhere, on any tower.  Not much of an update, but its all I got.

I was at Mt Sinai hospital for a class last week, which is literally right next to a tower according to the maps, but I couldnt see the tower in the foggy rain.  My signal was no better, data no better.  So while 3G accepted, didnt appear to have a new backhaul live.

• Like 1

I noticed that Rt 5 in South Windsor has some pretty fast speeds.  East Hartford to the south and East Windsor and Enfield to the north it gets bad.  They must have upgraded the backhaul with the 3G in South Windsor, as I was getting something like 1.4Mbit/0.9Mbit and low pings.

• Like 1

just tested tower on top of hill in East Windsor.  No work has been done.

107 ping

1897 down

899 up

during the day, its half that.  so not too bad, but any other tower in town, and speeds are despicable.  It really wasnt like this until recently.  I think the movement of the nextel subs to Sprint has taken a toll in this area.  My airport example is the best one I can offer.  I cant complain about my immediate area speed, but, I have wifi at home, so it doesnt really matter what my local tower does.

Soon.  But not soon enough  :lol:

• Like 1

Here is an update.  I filed a network ticket last week with executive customer care, as the only answer I got about slow speeds with *2 was "everyone is on social media".

A network technician personally called me back.  Here's what I know:

Where I work in East Hartford, several towers across the river have been converted to NV.  I have the unfortunate location of being right on the fringe of three towers, so my signal in the building bounces back and forth quite a bit.  He said hopefully with the 1900 upgrades it will get better, and then when the 800 voice rolls out, that should help even more.

For where I travel alot in Enfield and I-91, he said that plans are underway now to upgrade the backhaul.  They don't have a firm timeframe for NV upgrades, except that it should done within 3 months.  We should have LTE on some towers in 3 months he said, and the one closest to my house should have 3G/4G NV in about 6 months at the latest. 

So we should keep looking for activity, as we are very, very close.

• Like 1

Well clearly that is great news.  I still watch eagerly from Windsor north through Enfield, and still dont see much of anything happening.

Honestly, I would be happy with 3g data being good again, like it was 18 months ago.  I can live with waiting for LTE if 3G were worth its weight.

Somewhat disappointing how the majority of the surrounding areas have had LTE active, but Milford is still dark. No clear signs of NV either. 

Edited by Cugini