Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

plasma1,

I hereby retract my previous comment. I parked in the Home City Ice lot on Bridgetown Road and got this :

made5u4u.jpg

Then I went to Kuliga Park and got this:

tunyve8y.jpg

Looks like they fired up LTE on the Mack tower since I was last there. Finally some more westside love.

Could you please expand on what accepted means, for those of us (me) with less than a basic understanding. As an example, on the map those towers listed as accepted are mostly either 3G or 3G/4G. Does accepted mean that the upgrades are complete or does it mean that they are accepted as shown but there is further work to be completed. I ask because I thought the Cincinnati area, not market, was to to LTE 800/1900/2100. Does 3G/4G accepted cover all three bands?

Could you please expand on what accepted means, for those of us (me) with less than a basic understanding. As an example, on the map those towers listed as accepted are mostly either 3G or 3G/4G. Does accepted mean that the upgrades are complete or does it mean that they are accepted as shown but there is further work to be completed. I ask because I thought the Cincinnati area, not market, was to to LTE 800/1900/2100. Does 3G/4G accepted cover all three bands?

Good questions. Accepted means Sprint has signed off on the site, so the particular upgrades needed for 3G or 4G are completed (respectively). Any accept activity reported means NV 1.0 equipment upgrade is complete. 4G is only band 25 (1900); bands 26 and 41 are reported in the premeir section.

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

Good questions. Accepted means Sprint has signed off on the site, so the particular upgrades needed for 3G or 4G are completed (respectively). Any accept activity reported means NV 1.0 equipment upgrade is complete. 4G is only band 25 (1900); bands 26 and 41 are reported in the premeir section.

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

So let me get this straight. Once a site has aquired a color (accepted) no further work is going to be performed. Therefor, any sites shown in red (3G accepted) will not be updated to LTE? Is that correct. Also sights shown as 800/*, what does the 800 stand for if not LTE 800?

So let me get this straight. Once a site has aquired a color (accepted) no further work is going to be performed. Therefor, any sites shown in red (3G accepted) will not be updated to LTE? Is that correct. Also sights shown as 800/*, what does the 800 stand for if not LTE 800?

No, nearly every location will eventually get LTE (only about 100 out of ~39,000 won't). 800 on the map stands for 1x 800 voice acceptance.

• Like 1

They could still be 3g only listed on the map for several reasons.

• Maybe Sprint hasn't yet accepted it as 4g because of some problem. Contractors need to be called back out to fix their mistake, etc.
  • It's possible the information that S4GRU gets is just a bit behind. Data here is only as good as what is received, and the tower may be marked just 3g or 3g/800 but actually doing 4g.
  • Fiber backhaul may still need to be hooked up, meaning the site is still on copper and that's not fast enough to support 4g, so they're waiting on that to happen.
  • Then is possible that the responsible sprint tech, just hasn't yet set foot inside the fence. It'll be accepted once he gets there.
  • Like 3

Thanks to all that replied to my last post. I was hoping it was as you described. I remember seeing a map on the site that showed all towers that were not being updated and as I recall there were none in the Cincinnati area.

On a side note, for you westsiders out there, I just layed a string of purple from Ebenezer and Werk, down to 5 points and out to Dog Trot then back to 5 points on Taylor without once dropping to 3G. Things are looking up in the West.

Thanks afain all.

• Like 3

Thanks to all that replied to my last post. I was hoping it was as you described. I remember seeing a map on the site that showed all towers that were not being updated and as I recall there were none in the Cincinnati area.

On a side note, for you westsiders out there, I just layed a string of purple from Ebenezer and Werk, down to 5 points and out to Dog Trot then back to 5 points on Taylor without once dropping to 3G. Things are looking up in the West.

Thanks afain all.

I just marked a tower on Bridgetown road, Taylor Road and on Harrison Ave. This afternoon

4445 Lake Forest Dr.

Images of radios are on top of this building

And your posts are on top of "tall buildings" of screenshots.  Please scale them down.

AJ

• Like 1

And your posts are on top of "tall buildings" of screenshots. Please scale them down.

AJ

Not totally sure how to do that on this cell phone. But I'll try grab a another shot with a different camera. Thanks [emoji41]

Sorry folks if I caused any confusion, when I referred to the "Spark" symbol I was referring to the Icon on the newer phones that show up when you connect to LTE. This in no way represents that we currently have Spark.  My apologies if I caused any confusion