Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I just saw a unicorn on 4th St. in Covington

Screenshot_2013-11-27-10-36-49.pngScreenshot_2013-11-27-10-36-59.png

I can't reproduce it, but it is strange because my 3G signal keeps dropping out and then I will randomly get a connection to band 41 with no bars at all. I was able to get a speed test in on sensorly before it reverted back to 3G. It was about 11Mbps down.

Screenshot_2013-11-27-10-36-00.png

• Like 1

where is this located?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Blue rock rd. At the UDF parking lot. I ran sensorly around the area not sure if it captured anything. It used to display the colored paths but I only see speed test... This was recorded on it though as a speedtest

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I am running out of patience it's been this way for years....I have 4 phones and all but one is out of contract....anyone have Cincinnati bell?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Guys, please keep in mind that this Cincinnati thread is for local Sprint discussion. If you want to talk porting to other providers, you need to take it elsewhere. We have already had recent problems in this thread. Do not force staff to shut it down again because it will be gone for a long while. And members may be subject to corrective action.

AJ

• Like 1

Guys, please keep in mind that this Cincinnati thread is for local Sprint discussion. If you want to talk porting to other providers, you need to take it elsewhere. We have already had recent problems in this thread. Do not force staff to shut it down again because it will be gone for a long while. And members may be subject to corrective action.

AJ

Agreed

Legit question at the end, but humor me for a second.  I believe I am the most loyal sprint customer on the planet.  Long story short, employer is now BYOD, which forces me back to a stock unrooted GS2 because only 4G works downtown. GS2 also on its last legs, so I will be upgrading to a G2 or N5 soon.  To maintain data in the office, I have just purchased a $30 freedompop hotspot that works with sprint wimax.  So in other words, I will be carrying a secondary device to connect my state of the art smartphone to the internet (ironically still through sprint), but still more cheaply than competitors.

Is this worth it in the end?  Asking because there is apparently little to no activity in Cincy, but reading through other threads of areas farther along acc to the maps, it seems like there are still significant issues in "official" LTE cities, beyond the eCSFB stuff.  My concern is that since nothing is happening here, are we that much further from stability?