Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I uploaded quite a few speedtests and map data to sensorly in the areas of New Miami and Trenton this evening. Coverage is spotty towards the lower half of New Miami.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Very good question... How'd you get the G2? It hasn't officially launched has it?.. Or are you on a different carrier? Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gotta love craigslist

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Any new updates?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think we have to wait till November 8th... seems like the presale phone do not have correct parameters for connecting to let...even 1900 is hit or miss in areas that the note 2 can connect this phone will not

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Since it seems like activity has all but stopped in Cincy, I'm wondering whether it helps or hurts that we are a wimax area.  On one hand, it means those airwaves are already in use here, but on the other hand, I assume spark needs all new equipt, so it makes no difference.

Also wondering what ever came of the big Cincy news that was hinted at months ago in the "super double premium" section of s4gru.  Seems like everything got quieter immediately after that.

Truly ready to pick up a G2 or an N5, but then I remember that it just plain will not work downtown due to nonexistent 3g, and a 3 yr old rooted GS2 is the best I can get for the money I'm paying sprint now.

Since it seems like activity has all but stopped in Cincy, I'm wondering whether it helps or hurts that we are a wimax area.  On one hand, it means those airwaves are already in use here, but on the other hand, I assume spark needs all new equipt, so it makes no difference.

Also wondering what ever came of the big Cincy news that was hinted at months ago in the "super double premium" section of s4gru.  Seems like everything got quieter immediately after that.

Truly ready to pick up a G2 or an N5, but then I remember that it just plain will not work downtown due to nonexistent 3g, and a 3 yr old rooted GS2 is the best I can get for the money I'm paying sprint now.

When Sprint adds new TD-LTE equipment to a Wimax market, the tower will broadcast both LTE and Wimax

I went the other day to take a few pics of towers to see if they had the new antennas up or not, but unfortunately didn't notice that my camera was on manual instead of Av and the pictures were blown out. Didn't even bother to check them on the LCD as I was basically in a hurry.

Finally got back over to the wasserman rd tower in Hamilton with my camera. Looks like the new antennas are up there as well. Also took a picture of the tower at 129 & Bypass 4. No antennas up on that tower yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoxyyc5hfol4fpz/IMG_1867.JPG

Forgive me I am still new to identifying towers and what not but there are 2 towers across the street from each other and I snapped some pics hoping someone might be able to help identify..This first pic is on a private residence so it's the closest I could get so I apologize for the quality ... The second pic is the tower across from the first one and it's located next to the highway patrol so I couldn't get right next to it either...would appreciate if some could identify if there is anything new going on...btw these are in independence

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

post-26481-1383667669612_thumb.jpg

post-26481-138366778032_thumb.jpg

Forgive me I am still new to identifying towers and what not but there are 2 towers across the street from each other and I snapped some pics hoping someone might be able to help identify..This first pic is on a private residence so it's the closest I could get so I apologize for the quality ... The second pic is the tower across from the first one and it's located next to the highway patrol so I couldn't get right next to it either...would appreciate if some could identify if there is anything new going on...btw these are in independence

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't see any Sprint NV activity on either tower...

I went the other day to take a few pics of towers to see if they had the new antennas up or not, but unfortunately didn't notice that my camera was on manual instead of Av and the pictures were blown out. Didn't even bother to check them on the LCD as I was basically in a hurry.

Finally got back over to the wasserman rd tower in Hamilton with my camera. Looks like the new antennas are up there as well. Also took a picture of the tower at 129 & Bypass 4. No antennas up on that tower yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoxyyc5hfol4fpz/IMG_1867.JPG

Any idea how long the new antennas have been installed on the Wasserman road tower?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Nope. I drive by that tower often enough, but it's so far back off the road behind someones house on their private property there is no way to see the base equipment or even if there are trucks up there.

So the only way anyone would have been able to see if anyone was up there would have been to see them up on the tower.

The only tower in Hamilton that doesn't have the Samsung antennas installed is the one on rt4 behind the old Hollywood Video.

We have lte in Madison township. It's from the tower on Hetzler rd. I reside on Hetzler 1.3 miles from the tower but cannot get service art home. What gives? The 3g is much worse also. My HTC one has trouble connecting also. Also has 800 voice

More purple! I'm getting 4g through Trenton to Route 4. I lose the signal turning onto bypass 4.

Sounds like the Tonya trail tower finally has gone live. Its by Kroger on route 4.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That sounds about right. I was just waiting for 4g to disappear and it kept going :)

I never noticed that tower until today when signal check was looking good. If only it would reach to Bridgewater..

That tower was the first to get updated around here. I talked to the crew when they was doing it in July. Its had fiber from day one. I thought it would be the first to go live.

Are you absolutely sure it's coming from that tower? How do you know? There is a tower in Trenton that has 4g, and you may be getting onto 4g from that at times.

I know the tower in Trenton had lte. But signal check pro has me getting 800 voice from the tower on hetzler road. Plus when I drive up by the tower in hetzler I get around 20-30 down. Maybe it's just coincidence. But I've been connected while in Trenton and when I drive giraffes Howell road I lose lte and that's probably only about a mile down the road.I wouldn't think that I could get 30 down from Trenton over in Madison. Sprint also had anyone tower on Wayne Madison road.how could I confirms for sure that it's the tower on hetzler? Thanks

I know the tower in Trenton had lte. But signal check pro has me getting 800 voice from the tower on hetzler road. Plus when I drive up by the tower in hetzler I get around 20-30 down. Maybe it's just coincidence. But I've been connected while in Trenton and when I drive giraffes Howell road I lose lte and that's probably only about a mile down the road.I wouldn't think that I could get 30 down from Trenton over in Madison. Sprint also had anyone tower on Wayne Madison road.how could I confirms for sure that it's the tower on hetzler? Thanks

I can confirm Hetzler Rd. Tower is producing lte. I actually am sitting here looking at it lol.