Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Where do you see that there is only one site for Old San Juan left? Network.sprint.com does not shows the two old San Juan sites as completed. And the 3G speeds for those are horrible since I work at OSJ although I have been getting very random LTE sightings but they don't last more than two minutes

S4GRU paid members get access to update maps in the members section. Become a member and find out for yourself. Once a site is 3G Complete, its a matter of time for LTE to be brought up waiting for backhaul improvements. Until then service might be inconsistent, even though a site its 3G Complete or LTE Complete, for that matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

went thru el almal site at rio piedras today and some antennas seem to be in place. My concern in that they are not more than 30 to 35 feet of altitude... and no 4g service either at vecinity.

lets see.

This site in Carolina is fast as hell

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I never knew hell was known for its speed.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 4

Another in a long list of items that hell shares in common with Carolina.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

well the four sites around plaza las americas seems to have just one update...at least thats what the map shows....or i am wrong..any info on that?

I'm not sure where Plaza las Americas is. Although my knowledge of Puerto Rico geography is much greater than most mainlanders, it is still limited compared to the natives. However, the site maps have been updated with the latest data, so it reflects what it is. I also corrected a few errors I discovered in PR that were made on the maps. Everything is accurate now.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Plaza Las Américas is a huuuge shopping mall in Hato Rey/San Juan, and it seems the sites around the mall work on the sites around the mall has slowed, like the rest of the San Juan/Metro area.

Probably not much work performed this week either, with it being Holy Week, and it being so rainy the past 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

Hopefully things will get a kickstart by tomorrow <br /><br />Not related to our market, the wilson company just released the wilson sleek 4g with support for sprints 1900mhz band and 800mhz. I own the 3g version of it and it works wonders (got it on sale in The McDill AFB in FL for $50 last summer). <br /><br />The reason I want one is that I occasionally use my sprint mobile hotspot and get little to no LTE inside my apartment due to a hill between the isleta marina site and my room.

Hahahahahhahaa. Robert, some people go there very fasssst! Hahahaha

Anybody in the St.Thomas, have you seen any physical activity by their cell towers/stations? Or do you not need physicsl labor to fire up backhaul? I haven't seen any in a while.

They have upgraded all the equipment at USVI sites. Just waiting on backhaul to fire 'em up.

Just curious, What's the backhaul? does this mean waiting for workers to come and flip a switch? Thanks in advance

It's the connection between the towers and the rest of the network or the internet at large, in grossly simplified terms...

Is there supposed to be LTE at the LMM airport? Not seeing any while parked in the 45 min waiting area.

It's the connection between the towers and the rest of the network or the internet at large, in grossly simplified terms...

Is there supposed to be LTE at the LMM airport? Not seeing any while parked in the 45 min waiting area.

The last few times I have had connecting flights through puerto rico I connected to lte just fine even though the signal was a little on the low side but it still worked great.

Seeing some gaps getting filled out in San Juan. I've been getting LTE in the Escorial area for a while but always lose it driving towards Rio Piedras when reaching the post office. This morning the LTE signal reached through the intersection with road 181 (el elevado de Trujillo Alto).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Signal in University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus is better than ever. 3g inside buildings (law library) and 4g in classrooms (lawschool). I experience this about two or three weeks ago. Is really amazing to have 3g or 4g everywhere. From Plaza las Américas to Toa Baja no more drop calls from weeks ago. They're still working on Piñero antiguo el Amal and in that area I still have some trouble. The improvement is wonderful.

Sprint in Puerto Rico are doing an excellent job in the network vision. Great! Thanks!

• Like 2

They're still working on Piñero antiguo el Amal and in that area I still have some trouble. The improvement is wonderful.

I don't think there is a Sprint tower anywhere near "Piñero antiguo el Amal" I know the area well because one of my clients is close. That area based on the tower maps does not have any towers ver close by. Sprint coverage in that area is pretty awful.

I don't think there is a Sprint tower anywhere near "Piñero antiguo el Amal" I know the area well because one of my clients is close. That area based on the tower maps does not have any towers ver close by. Sprint coverage in that area is pretty awful.

There is a sprint site on top of el amal..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

In that area is the only place in my daily travel where I experience drop calls. I sure they will fix zoom! I'm extremely happy with my service. Nothing better.

Since the initial upgrades here in the VI voice service as improved quite a bit but today its been nothing but drop calls or no service all together. Hopefully that's a sign of good things to come.