Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Fiftyeleven?  New word?   or is that 5011?

Generally pronounced Fifty-Leven.

Well, I'm back out here connected to the Taylor Rd tower where I picked up phantom LTE last week. Definitely no LTE, but my 3g speeds are triple or better what they used to be. I guess that's something.

EDIT: It took way less time than normal to post the above message.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by nichgatton

Well, I'm back out here connected to the Taylor Rd tower where I picked up phantom LTE last week. Definitely no LTE, but my 3g speeds are triple or better what they used to be. I guess that's something.EDIT: It took way less time than normal to post the above message.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The speeds there are generally very good. Usually between 1-2 Mbps. Drive down to Morrison Rd during work hours and enjoy the 500 ms ping with .1-.2 Mbps speeds. That's what I have every day at work. Fortunately I have wifi at work. They'll fix that soon, but there's a lot of people in the corporate offices there.

Is this screen helpful in any way?

Posted Image

That just shows the 1X locations where you had LTE. Nothing to do with the LTE sites themselves. Mine shows VZW SIDs sometimes.

It seems like we're at an LTE/800 standstill right now in Columbus. I'm no ambassador for the Columbus Market, but I'd say instead of killing yourself trying to figure out speedtests for LTE (not including 3G) and the LTE Engineering screen, just use a LTE alert app from the play store to be notified when you hit a LTE signal and map Sensorly from there. Just my opinion.

It seems like we're at an LTE/800 standstill right now in Columbus. I'm no ambassador for the Columbus Market, but I'd say instead of killing yourself trying to figure out speedtests for LTE (not including 3G) and the LTE Engineering screen, just use a LTE alert app from the play store to be notified when you hit a LTE signal and map Sensorly from there. Just my opinion.

Unless you have a Gnex of course. Then sensorly is a bad thing. LTE engineering and lte discovery is the way to go then once you find something new then it is Sensorly time.

• Like 1

Unless you have a Gnex of course. Then sensorly is a bad thing. LTE engineering and lte discovery is the way to go then once you find something new then it is Sensorly time.

Sans Galaxy Nexus ;)

Of course if your main goal is to go out to search, definitely hit the LTE Engineering screen with the LTE Discovery app.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Does any one know if leaving signal check pro on constantly would be a battery use concern? Just to get the notification of 4g. I drive all over the place daily and could at least let everyone know if an area should be checked out. In trying to find a way to put my nexus to some use. Lol

Does any one know if leaving signal check pro on constantly would be a battery use concern? Just to get the notification of 4g. I drive all over the place daily and could at least let everyone know if an area should be checked out. In trying to find a way to put my nexus to some use. Lol

If it does, it's very minimum. I never have battery issues.

• Like 1

FWIW, I was turning off of 33 onto Souder Ave near the main post office and saw a crew running fiber in the manhole there. It's a few hundred feet from one of the towers I took pictures of. There's a river to cross there but nothing else around so maybe some back-haul is being pulled in? I didn't recognize the contractor as being one of the usual ones from Columbus.

You know.......... If it didn't rain and thunderstorm 19 of the last 21 days, maybe some work can get done around this *$@?#=+!*!@*.

• Like 7

You know.......... If it didn't rain and thunderstorm 19 of the last 21 days, maybe some work can get done around this *$@?#=+!*!@*.

... Yeah I be there all day on Tuesday and Wednesday from Toledo so, I hope your s*** picks up... but I doubt it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Come on Robert or thenight....

Where's our announcement of more lte being accepted :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We had another 3G accepted in the market yesterday - it was inside the loop.

2467 Jackson Pike, Columbus
3756 Hoover Road, Grove City
3778-3914 Highway 104, Grove City

These towers don't show up on any of the in progress threads or on the permit treads, but they all have new cabinets and I am able to pull 1-2 Mbs down consistently on them.  Why aren't they showing up anywhere?  The fact the speeds have improved so much is a good indication that work is being done. New cabinets, new panels, but no new fiber runs.  Any ideas?

2467 Jackson Pike, Columbus

3756 Hoover Road, Grove City

3778-3914 Highway 104, Grove City

These towers don't show up on any of the in progress threads or on the permit treads, but they all have new cabinets and I am able to pull 1-2 Mbs down consistently on them.  Why aren't they showing up anywhere?  The fact the speeds have improved so much is a good indication that work is being done. New cabinets, new panels, but no new fiber runs.  Any ideas?

I searched the permits and found one of them at least.  It's not an exact science finding the permits for these towers as some are in municipalties that don't have online permit search capability.  Add some pics to the In Progress thread to get credit for finding them though! 

Jan- Grove City

WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITY TOWER 3730 HOOVER RD

Cool, where did you see that?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/