Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

New to the engineering screen. But comparing the IMSI, which I thought might be unique per phone is different than the other eng screenshots I've seen. Is this a new sight different than the one everyone's been doing tribal dances around?Screenshot_2013-07-04-13-17-25.png

Cozisback reported:

203 South/Southwest

388 East

390 North/Northwest

• Like 1

I just got 4G signal at 270 and 23. Had sensorly running while on my way yo Easton and boom.

uploadfromtaptalk1372966158941.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

We need to see the LTE Engineering screen. Everything else is pointless unfortunately.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We need to see the LTE Engineering screen. Everything else is pointless unfortunately.

Unfortunately, I didn't even know to pull it up even as I was riding and my phone dinged that an LTE signal was discovered.. Figured someone can remember to do it if they drive by, just thought I'd give a heads up  :)

Edited by jyan_osu
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I didn't even know to pull it up even as I was riding and my phone dinged that an LTE signal was discovered.. Figured someone can remember to do it if they drive by, just thought I'd give a heads up :)

It's likely the only site active on Morse. Someone reported signal from it on 23 & Lazzelle. It has a solid range.

Cozisback reported:

203 South/Southwest

388 East

390 North/Northwest

What determines the actual site location like the BSSID on 3G cells?

..search

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Picked up 800 again on sr 37 outside of Granville going southbound... Around the railroad tracks at Union Station.

I also get lte now with my EVO and did a little mapping, lte pops up for me without toggling airplane mode, so I'm happy about that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1372983968955.jpg

• Like 1

I'm going to speculate that Sprint had this sudden urge to get Columbus market rigged because again I'm speculating that they've lost a crapload of business customers from this market because of the Motorola/Samsung problem. The 15th largest city in the USA in the 4th round of NV rollouts with a bleeding out customer base since February, two words: damage control. Everybody I talk to is fed up with how bad things have gotten. It's sad when an event like Red White & Boom goes on and you have subscribers with no service. I was miles from downtown and I had the hashed circle most of the night. No cell, no data, worthless.

I'll get off my soapbox. Hard to not get ticked off when I pay $220 a month for something that I can't use.

i won't disagree.  It's always annoying that Columbus is so frequently ignored, when it is in reality quite significant.  

Why, as you said, the 15th largest city is the afterthought of an after thought, being on the tailend of such a project is beyond annoying.   I still like Sprint, I just don't like that kind of garbage.  I know a lot of people who have said they are leaving sprint when their contract is up for exactly the reasons you mentioned.  For sprint's sake, let's hope they get NV in soon enough to hold onto their customers.

I suspect the second they start seeing 4g pop up on their phones, many of them will be content at that point.  I will be curious to see where the next lte towers kick off.  I want to look on sensorly and see a growing purple sploch. 

My screen shots of 800 SMR in my area... I'm guessing backhaul still isn't connected, excited to see the difference once complete.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1373032732131.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373032749969.jpg

Definitely have way better 3g speeds on the Pickerington/Reynoldsburg tower near Lancaster. Seeing almost 2mbps download speeds.

post-15320-0-13574100-1373033339_thumb.png

Edited by DomSim

Definitely have way better 3g speeds on the Pickerington/Reynoldsburg tower near Lancaster. Seeing almost 2mbps download speeds.

What tower/area would that be? Isn't Lancaster south of pick town? Or Lancaster Rd?

What tower/area would that be? Isn't Lancaster south of pick town? Or Lancaster Rd?

This one;

Gotcha

• Like 1

Folks please help the market out. Pull up your LTE Engineering screen when you get a LTE signal and screenshot. I learned the hard way but Digiblur got me together. If you're not sure how to get to your LTE Engineering screen, please check out his instructions for your specific type of phone. Thanks in advance.

I hope these help. If not, I guess tough apples. In new to this helping and so forgive me if this info is either redundant or useless.

These just seemed like pretty far reach for our lone tower. (If indeed it is the same tower)

I'd also like to add that up to this point I had nothing as far as LTE goes out here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I hope these help. If not, I guess tough apples. In new to this helping and so forgive me if this info is either redundant or useless.

These just seemed like pretty far reach for our lone tower. (If indeed it is the same tower)

I'd also like to add that up to this point I had nothing as far as LTE goes out here.

I think that's a new site. Good work sir!

That serving ID is crazy looking, but appears to be new. Anyone free to try and find the tower broadcasting this signal and find the other two sectors?

That serving ID is crazy looking, but appears to be new. Anyone free to try and find the tower broadcasting this signal and find the other two sectors?

How would I go about finding it?

That serving ID is crazy looking, but appears to be new.

Those last two LTE engineering screenshots should be disregarded.  The data appears offset by one line, and even then, some of it is not valid.  It could be yet another problem for the poorly performing Galaxy Nexus.

AJ 

• Like 1