Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Off topic kind of but I was in Monroe Michigan yesterday, south of Detroit. It shows purple on sensorly but I never got 4g at all and my 3g speeds were worthless. I know my radio works because I drove through Nashville last week and it worked. I guess my point is sensorly may be a little optimistic in its purpleness.

That serving ID is crazy looking, but appears to be new.

Those last two LTE engineering screenshots should be disregarded. The data appears offset by one line, and even then, some of it is not valid. It could be yet another problem for the poorly performing Galaxy Nexus.

AJ

The Gnex madness continues.. Did I ever say I hate that phone? And I don't even own one.

Off topic kind of but I was in Monroe Michigan yesterday, south of Detroit. It shows purple on sensorly but I never got 4g at all and my 3g speeds were worthless. I know my radio works because I drove through Nashville last week and it worked. I guess my point is sensorly may be a little optimistic in its purpleness.

Those last two LTE engineering screenshots should be disregarded. The data appears offset by one line, and even then, some of it is not valid. It could be yet another problem for the poorly performing Galaxy Nexus.

AJ

Well Damn. LOL. I almost bought that phone a year ago.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You guys make this thread so hard to follow because of all the bull s*** comments you guys make. Tell me when there's new 3G, tell me when there's LTE live up, tell me when there's something that has to do with Network Vision please ?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I hope these help. If not, I guess tough apples. In new to this helping and so forgive me if this info is either redundant or useless.

These just seemed like pretty far reach for our lone tower. (If indeed it is the same tower)

I'd also like to add that up to this point I had nothing as far as LTE goes out here.

ry8uty3a.jpg

5u3e7u3u.jpg

7upusade.jpg

denu2yju.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about the former but the latter may make some sense. Didn't show up on thenight1984 list but it could be testing or an early launch. I may go check that one out later.

I've toggled airplane mode there many times over the last week or so and didn't pick it up previously. But I didn't check today on the way home.

Serving cell on iPhone can be found on field test screen, correct? If I find LTE, I'll have to do a google maps screenshot and then I'll run a speed test and get a screenshot of the field test screen. Leaving in a few, I'm curious and it's only 5 min away.

No LTE for me on either tower above. Did airplane mode and got nothing. Could have been testing earlier or a Nexus issue.

Those screen shots had a horrible signal that wasn't even really connected. It could be a 10 mile radius from that location.

Tower pictures so we can see what's going on. First is the tower on Taylor near New Albany Rey oldsburg Rd and then there's the cabinets. I think the Sprint cabinets may have been on the right side and obscured but I guess I was worried about someone calling the cops so I didn't get out of my car and run over there to see.

http://i.imgur.com/JciINPS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rqpuisq.jpg

These last two are on Morrison Rd and are right next to each other so I'm not sure offhand which is which. I'm guessing the latter contains Sprint stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/TugAmgV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jEE2r5s.jpg

• Like 1

AJ

Sorry guys, just trying to be helpful. I love my galaxy nexus and I just get really excited when I see lte show up on my screen.

Edited by nichgatton
  • Like 1

I love my galaxy nexus...

Eh, the Galaxy Nexus has lots of hardware that only a mother could love.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Eh, the Galaxy Nexus has lots of hardware that only a mother could love.

:P

AJ

She's beautiful to me lol!

Sorry guys, just trying to be helpful. I love my galaxy nexus and I just get really excited when I see lte show up on my screen.

No worries, I live a few minutes from those towers so wanted to go run some tests to see how fast the towers were. Oh well.

Well still no LTE, but the 3G in the Lancaster and Broad area has definitely improved.  I was hoping that those rough couple of days a couple weeks ago meant something.  I'm consistently getting 2-2.5 mbits down and a full mbit up.  I used my tether with my Chromebook in Civic Park today and it worked better than it ever has there.  Things actually loaded in a decent amount of time!

Well still no LTE, but the 3G in the Lancaster and Broad area has definitely improved. I was hoping that those rough couple of days a couple weeks ago meant something. I'm consistently getting 2-2.5 mbits down and a full mbit up. I used my tether with my Chromebook in Civic Park today and it worked better than it ever has there. Things actually loaded in a decent amount of time!

... I wonder if everybody tethers no wonder my speed is down thank you

Drove down 71S today (wife wanted to spend money at Jeffersonville outlet mall) and saw at least 2 towers on way down with new cabinets and RRUs. Couldn't snap pics at 70 mph but nice to see some other progress in the overall market.

Something musta changed up here.  I work near Cleveland and Schrock road, near Cleveland / 270.  (next to St Anns Hospital, more specifically).  Where I normally am hard pressed to see over 150 k, I am seeing 700 to 1 m today.  It's actually usable.  Like I can browse and do stuff I haven't been able to do in ages.  I am loving it.  Nothing seems to be so empty, parking lots and what not, that this would solely be a product of reduced usage.  I hope it's here to stay.

• Like 2

Something musta changed up here. I work near Cleveland and Schrock road, near Cleveland / 270. (next to St Anns Hospital, more specifically). Where I normally am hard pressed to see over 150 k, I am seeing 700 to 1 m today. It's actually usable. Like I can browse and do stuff I haven't been able to do in ages. I am loving it. Nothing seems to be so empty, parking lots and what not, that this would solely be a product of reduced usage. I hope it's here to stay.

Nice read I work in the same area, 270 is my Window view I noticed it had gotten a lil worse the last couple weeks or so, hopefully that was just a sign of good to come.

Nice read I work in the same area, 270 is my Window view I noticed it had gotten a lil worse the last couple weeks or so, hopefully that was just a sign of good to come.

Eh, false hope..  Back down near the normal garbage.   Guess people were just slow to wake up.  

Since becoming a S4GRU.com addict I find myself always keeping an eye to the sky looking for NV equipment and I'm seeing a lot of NV equipment. I figured many of these sites are extremely close to 3G acceptance and more than likely are already active, just not S4GRU 3G announced accepted. Seeing these sites so far along in the NV process one would start to think, why are we still haven't seen LTE so far for the same sites. Sucks sometimes just thinking the local back-haul contractors weren't able to get further so far. Still patient though knowing we're close.

• Like 1

Since becoming a S4GRU.com addict I find myself always keeping an eye to the sky looking for NV equipment and I'm seeing a lot of NV equipment. I figured many of these sites are extremely close to 3G acceptance and more than likely are already active, just not S4GRU 3G announced accepted. Seeing these sites so far along in the NV process one would start to think, why are we still haven't seen LTE so far for the same sites. Sucks sometimes just thinking the local back-haul contractors weren't able to get further so far. Still patient though knowing we're close.

I think a lot of sites have already had work done.. Like I've said, most of Reynoldsburg's towers seem greatly improved on 3G. I'm guessing they're just waiting on the Sprint inspections. I doubt that Nextel being turned off helped out this much with my speeds, as I would assume that Nextel equipment had a separate network connection from the Sprint cabinets?

• Like 1

Whitehall gets no love on the Network. Bout fifyteleven towers around here

The tower next to John Bishop Memorial Park in Whitehall has NV Antenna panels, 1900 & 800 RRHs and new cabinets. So the love is there, you just gotta look up. :rolleyes: