Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Posted Image

James Rd with LTE popping up right away

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What part of James Road? I Coach at Bishop Hartley and could use some data!

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I live behind Hartley and I can tell you LTE is there but very week signal. At least from my i5. The closer to Courtright the signal gets stronger. I'm thinking the tower on Courtright and Petzinger is putting out LTE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live behind Hartley and I can tell you LTE is there but very week signal. At least from my i5. The closer to Courtright the signal gets stronger. I'm thinking the tower on Courtright and Petzinger is putting out LTE

That site has been broadcasting LTE for over a month.

• Like 1

As I sent my last post I went from 3G to 1x to LTE I'm on broad near Lancaster New Albany

A infamous man once said, "Screenshot it or it didn't happen."

Being serious though, screenshots really do help us out. Let's us know if it's a new site or one that we already know of as being online. For iOS, that information is in the Serving Cell screen under *3001#12345#*. You gotta make sure you have Bold turned on first though.

I'm getting LTE on the west side of downtown, off of Dublin road right before Grandview 

GCI: 086031xx

Harrisburg Pike Site

Hey everyone.. Anyone know if the usually elusive tower monkey's are allowed to work in the rain

...or on rainy days is it pretty much 'on stand by' day ................ ?

Hey everyone.. Anyone know if the usually elusive tower monkey's are allowed to work in the rain

...or on rainy days is it pretty much 'on stand by' day ................ ?

Multiple users on this forum have noticed tower workers during rain / storms / snow.  Wet conditions make it difficult, but not impossible.  Of course, it varies dramatically on site conditions.  NV is clearly not worth an incident.  Even just today, two crews were spotted.

Multiple users on this forum have noticed tower workers during rain / storms / snow.  Wet conditions make it difficult, but not impossible.  Of course, it varies dramatically on site conditions.  NV is clearly not worth an incident.  Even just today, two crews were spotted.

I was only asking because in some of those jobs they don't like guys up there even when there's a slim chance of electric shock or also lightning ( which sometimes there is no warning ) ..

I figured for insurance purposes maybe some companies had restrictions.. but  after reading your post - I  suppose these contractors sign lots of waivers !.

As I sent my last post I went from 3G to 1x to LTE I'm on broad near Lancaster New Albany

I am going to guess it was a weak signal from one of the Main St locations. That's pretty typical in that area. At home, my phone likes to go between the weak LTE signal and the 3G signal on Lancaster/Broad.

I am going to guess it was a weak signal from one of the Main St locations. That's pretty typical in that area. At home, my phone likes to go between the weak LTE signal and the 3G signal on Lancaster/Broad.

Heading west down East Broad away from Meijers towards Rey-NA Rd .... I stayed on LTE till about almost BP ( corner of East Broad & Rey-NA Rd ) .. the tower I was connected to was the one located about 1 mile East of Target.. 

Before last week... when I went to this area ( of  Meijers, Target,. banks around there  ) the speeds were horrid and reception was marginal.. Now its really good for calls and data..

Broad/Lancaster tower speed test. I'm about a mile south east from it, indoors. adatymu7.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well.. on the way back from work I parked near the site located by East Broad and 270 ( this tower is in the cemetery ).. Im assuming although it's NV that backhaul has not been upgraded.  

On NV 3g at this site I was only getting  0.04 down !  

The Rey-NA site just slightly south of East Broad always seems to be decent on speeds for 3g.. at least its useable I mean..

Well.. on the way back from work I parked near the site located by East Broad and 270 ( this tower is in the cemetery ).. Im assuming although it's NV that backhaul has not been upgraded.  

The Rey-NA site just slightly south of East Broad always seems to be decent on speeds for 3g.. at least its useable I mean..

Could also be over-utilized at that location.  Also watch to see if the number of antennas doubles in time (ie six NVs with 6 1900 RRHs and 3 800 RRHs)

Keep in mind that when a site is NV 3G upgraded it does NOT mean that the backhaul is upgraded as well.  We have seen many sites go NV 3G and no increased speeds because they use the existing data connection.  When the site goes LTE, you will definitely see increased speeds.  It is still possible to overburden 3G, but much harder than the pre-NV lousy backhaul at each site.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that when a site is NV 3G upgraded it does NOT mean that the backhaul is upgraded as well.  We have seen many sites go NV 3G and no increased speeds because they use the existing data connection.  When the site goes LTE, you will definitely see increased speeds.  It is still possible to overburden 3G, but much harder than the pre-NV lousy backhaul at each site.

Yeah I know.. in my post I said... "...although it is NV .. ". I was only mentioning this because it would seem if this site were to go LTE in days the backhaul would be in place.  Of course, I don't know if its common to lay fiber and have someone come along later.....

I've benched this site many times in the last few months because its close to my work.. Speeds after NV are as the same as before as a result..

• Like 1

Could also be over-utilized at that location.  Also watch to see if the number of antennas doubles in time (ie six NVs with 6 1900 RRHs and 3 800 RRHs)

I work close to this area and connect to this tower alot.. either way PRE-NV speeds match NV speeds ..so although I wouldn't discount that this area of high traffic is over burdening that site ( as you said above )..my main point was backhaul has not been upgraded for more capacity from at least the last few months of speed test I've seen.