Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I work at the Home Depot on Cleveland Ave. I always keep my eye on that tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Don't know if this was already pointed out but I could also be wrong If so please correct me. I went to the sprint store at Polaris to check out the new HTC phone but sadly did not have it in store yet. I checked out other phones and to my surprise I saw the spark logo. Has deployment of spark started in selected sites in Columbus yet? Posted Image

Don't know if this was already pointed out but I could also be wrong If so please correct me. I went to the sprint store at Polaris to check out the new HTC phone but sadly did not have it in store yet. I checked out other phones and to my surprise I saw the spark logo. Has deployment of spark started in selected sites in Columbus yet?

The logo is deceiving.  It will be activated if you are connected to LTE of any kind.

Don't know if this was already pointed out but I could also be wrong If so please correct me. I went to the sprint store at Polaris to check out the new HTC phone but sadly did not have it in store yet. I checked out other phones and to my surprise I saw the spark logo. Has deployment of spark started in selected sites in Columbus yet? abyjy3a4.jpg

Retail stores aren't getting the HTC One M8 until 4/10. If you want it now, you'll have to order online.

Don't know if this was already pointed out but I could also be wrong If so please correct me. I went to the sprint store at Polaris to check out the new HTC phone but sadly did not have it in store yet. I checked out other phones and to my surprise I saw the spark logo. Has deployment of spark started in selected sites in Columbus yet? abyjy3a4.jpg

Officially we are not a launched market.  Regular band 25 LTE 1900 is openly available in most of our Market with the middle band of Columbus being the biggest exception.  As a sponsor, you can see that confidential map here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/   The new LTE bands are discussed in the premier section where we also have detailed site-by-site maps.  Compared to band 25 LTE 1900, band 41 is smaller in area but has speeds up to 60Mbps here in Columbus at 45 or more sites (G2 currently required, otherwise triband phone), Band 25 LTE is in Ohio, and is generally slightly slower, but penetrates buildings, goes over hills far easier, and has up to 60% longer range (use any triband phone or iPhone 5s or 5c). 

You can randomly hunt for them using the details in my signature, or you can step up to Premier and have the details of our shared labors.

After the many crews that are working in Columbus now are completed with their work, we will be officially launched, and at that time Columbus should officially be a Spark city!! :)

Work continues at the Broad/Lancaster tower. No new panels, but something is laying on the ground covered by blue plastic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Probably 1900 RRHs that are going to be ground mounted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes that much is obvious.. My question was focused on whether fiber is at that site. I believe so but i dont know for certain. Some 'NV 3g' sites are still awaiting fiber - thus they are still "slow" compared to what sites with fiber are..

Yes that much is obvious.. My question was focused on whether fiber is at that site. I believe so but i dont know for certain. Some 'NV 3g' sites are still awaiting fiber - thus they are still "slow" compared to what sites with fiber are..

I'm pretty sure that ATT ran fiber to that site last summer. I posted pictures of orange paint and flags on the sidewalk and running to that site that was marked up for ATT. They were there for a couple days installing it back then, so I'm assuming that the fiber was there and waiting this whole time.

• Like 1

So once they install the ground panels we get NV 3g? Fiber is there already?

Ground panels? I'm guessing you're referring to the Radios/RRHs. As a few other members have said, it will require a cluster launch. Which honestly may not be too far away.

I believe that even if fiber is there, you will not be on the new NV infrastructure till Sprint turns it on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Correct, site will still be legacy Sprint until the cluster launches. If fiber is in fact there and the site is not receiving LTE soon, the 3G speeds will still be HIGHLY manageable. We're talking being able to watch YouTube without buffering on Sprint's end. YouTube's end is a different story.

Correct, site will still be legacy Sprint until the cluster launches. If fiber is in fact there and the site is not receiving LTE soon, the 3G speeds will still be HIGHLY manageable. We're talking being able to watch YouTube without buffering on Sprint's end. YouTube's end is a different story.

Yeah i saw the riff raff between verizon and youtube both blaming one another.

So uh.... This is a little of a shameless plug, but can you folks that are a sponsor do me a favor and go and like this post: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

I'd like to get our Spreadsheet & Map thread in the upper Most Liked threads here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/best-content/

Anyone else get the mass text from Sprint about service interruptions?

Yeah, I got one. First one of these that I've got. I've heard about them. Not sure if this is different, or just a "hey, don't leave, we're getting better" lure text. It's a little creepy that it says "one of the towers you use most". I wonder if Sprint is looking in my bedroom window at night....

This could go mobster too, though... "Hey, that tower that you use most... nice tower... it'd be a shame if something happened to it...."

• Like 2