Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Could also be over-utilized at that location.  Also watch to see if the number of antennas doubles in time (ie six NVs with 6 1900 RRHs and 3 800 RRHs)

That site is kinda hard to see.. I'm gonna have to go look and see if I can see any evidence of fiber..

get a tri-band phone and call it a day. At Lancaster/Broad getting my car worked on and pulling over 40 mbit.

Only asking because I have no clue...

Is a person withOUT a modified PRL going to get the other bands effortlessly.. A co worker of mine is getting the S5 in about a week..  

Yeah I know.. in my post I said... "...although it is NV .. ". I was only mentioning this because it would seem if this site were to go LTE in days the backhaul would be in place.  Of course, I don't know if its common to lay fiber and have someone come along later.....

I've benched this site many times in the last few months because its close to my work.. Speeds after NV are as the same as before as a result..

I did a poor job of explaining what I meant the first time around.  We have noticed multiple sites that go 3G NV live without the backhaul connected to the site.  What this means, backhaul is at the site, but they do NOT switch over to the new backhaul until they launch LTE.  Does that make more sense?  I.E. It is still possible that the site will go LTE live in a couple days.  However, we have also found that there is no real indication as to the timeline.  It could still take a month or a year, you never know.

Only asking because I have no clue...

Is a person withOUT a modified PRL going to get the other bands effortlessly.. A co worker of mine is getting the S5 in about a week..  

No, bands have nothing to do with PRL.  PRL is only a roaming list.  Your phone either has Band 25, 41, 26 or it does not.  No PRL will fix that.

• Like 2

I did a poor job of explaining what I meant the first time around. We have noticed multiple sites that go 3G NV live without the backhaul connected to the site. What this means, backhaul is at the site, but they do NOT switch over to the new backhaul until they launch LTE. Does that make more sense? I.E. It is still possible that the site will go LTE live in a couple days. However, we have also found that there is no real indication as to the timeline. It could still take a month or a year, you never know.

No, bands have nothing to do with PRL. PRL is only a roaming list. Your phone either has Band 25, 41, 26 or it does not. No PRL will fix that.

What his question is, as well as mine, when the S5 comes out will it get TriBand out of the box without rigging it up with special settings that somebody figured out? Not sure anybody knows yet though.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

What his question is, as well as mine, when the S5 comes out will it get TriBand out of the box without rigging it up with special settings that somebody figured out? Not sure anybody knows yet though.

The S5 should launch without having to adjust settings.

• Like 1

It probably still won't be able to have voice and data simultaneously...? Will it?

Tri-Band phones do not do SVLTE.

The reason for the special settings is that Columbus has not launched yet. Hopefully soon!

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

• Like 2

Hm, it seems like I can find lte with sensorly.(mapped quite a bit today) But, it seems like I can never connect to it and keep a connection. Any suggestions or ways to force lte as priority?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Hm, it seems like I can find lte with sensorly.(mapped quite a bit today) But, it seems like I can never connect to it and keep a connection. Any suggestions or ways to force lte as priority?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

LTE discovery pro will force your phone to find LTE much faster (1 minute versus 15 or so). The other possibilities are the site is in test mode or simply distance. Our market is about 3/4 done with most of what is left in the Columbus metro. If you want to know more, make a donation equal to your typical lunch out costs x 2 or 3, then you will have access to our detailed site maps for LTE 1900 and other non LTE info and forums.

It was a quick walk on the park to get the missing pci and photo. Sprint is done with site, rental firm will have to deal with stuck lift.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

It was a quick walk on the park to get the missing pci and photo. Sprint is done with site, rental firm will have to deal with stuck lift.

yjeze2yb.jpgy9uga4e7.jpgga7ymamy.jpgutu5ysuj.jpgate6umy3.jpg7a7u9ygy.jpg

I gotta say this site is an eye sore.. I know it's supposed to look natural ..but it doesn't ..

I know all that matters in the end is service is much improved though..

Haha where is that site that is supposed to look like a tree?  Is that in a park?

The answer is in the Sponsor forum, which requires a small donation as noted above.  It should also be landscaped.

I drove down to Lancaster and back earlier this week and it was nice seeing LTE on my phone for the entire trip! I can't wait for the rest of Columbus to be done with the upgrades. It seems like we're getting closer and closer every day.

• Like 2

Is there any 800 LTE for sprint in columbus market yet?

That would be a no. One would think that with multiple Sprint projects running they wouldn't spread resources thin and start another project. My instinct says somebody got fired, somebody else got hired and they changing the game up. Where that lands things, well its a coin toss in my book.

That would be a no. One would think that with multiple Sprint projects running they wouldn't spread resources thin and start another project. My instinct says somebody got fired, somebody else got hired and they changing the game up. Where that lands things, well its a coin toss in my book.

Can you elaborate on that ? I mean this "theory".. Do you mean you can't believe they are doing 800, 2500 and 1900 all at once like now ?  Who might have got canned for what ?

It sort-of made sense they jumped on upgrading old clearwire sites in Columbus.. I guess that brings another question....Do Cols 2500 sites also have 1900 ? I always thought all Sprint sites would ideally have all three bands.. but I had the feeling some sites are only 2500.. 

Can you elaborate on that ? I mean this "theory".. Do you mean you can't believe they are doing 800, 2500 and 1900 all at once like now ? Who might have got canned for what ?

It sort-of made sense they jumped on upgrading old clearwire sites in Columbus.. I guess that brings another question....Do Cols 2500 sites also have 1900 ? I always thought all Sprint sites would ideally have all three bands.. but I had the feeling some sites are only 2500..

2500 and 1900 needs different equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2500 and 1900 needs different equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yeah I think we know that, but it could still be at the same site..  I mean even if its in differnet cabinets some towers could still be all bands.. I've never read anything that said 2500 needs to be on its own site