Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Yeah saw both of the trucks.. White with trailor and a tan colored one..on Rey Na road.. Slightly south of east broad st.. Guys working on the cabinets from what i saw

• Like 2

Ok, its a few hours later and i drove past the tower avain at Rey-Na just south

Of East Broad. There are now 3 trucks there - and i saw a few guys- so they are definately

doing some work!

• Like 2

Ok, its a few hours later and i drove past the tower avain at Rey-Na just south

Of East Broad. There are now 3 trucks there - and i saw a few guys- so they are definately

doing some work!

Excellent! I don't think that tower is broadcasting. A few times my phone switched to roaming to a nearby Verizon tower and now I'm connected to the 256/Livingston/Graham rd tower. Mind you I live in the middle of waggoner and the Broad/Lancaster tower is muuuuch closer to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well, it's sunday.. 24 hours later then my last post..

I drove to the Rey-Na road tower ( slightly south of E Broad ) --- this time expecting no one to be there so I could take pics..

Evidentally these guys work on Sundays !

The same white truck ( hauling a trailer ) is there and I saw a guy in the cabinet working..

I think this truck has been there the entire past week.. sometime there have been two trucks and yesterday there were 3 trucks..

I'm hoping this means in maybe as few as weeks there will be some LTE here along with the other towers near by could be another turned on cluster of LTE !

I drove to the Rey-Na road tower ( slightly south of E Broad ) --- this time expecting no one to be there so I could take pics..

The same white truck ( hauling a trailer ) is there and I saw a guy in the cabinet working..

I think this truck has been there the entire past week.. sometime there have been two trucks and yesterday there were 3 trucks..

I'm hoping this means in maybe as few as weeks there will be some LTE here along with the other towers near by could be another turned on cluster of LTE !

The way things are looking, don't hope for LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The way things are looking, don't hope for LTE.

Wouldnt sprint have to have LTE along Broad ? Or is that one tower needed for it ? GMO's can be LTE right ?

The tower slightly north of us ( located at Taylor &  Rey-NA Rd ) is not GMO the one slightly north of that ( New Havens Corner & Rey-NA Rd ) is GMO  - but you don't need 800 1x there.. 

I live slightly closer to the Taylo & Rey- NA Rd site which is not GMO, but Id think with the Broad St area being so busy it would be foolish not to have LTE in that area.. you have McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Kroger and Giant Eagle, much more all in range of the site off Rey-NA off East Broad St

Stop and talk to the workers.... Get us some answers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wouldnt sprint have to have LTE along Broad ? Or is that one tower needed for it ? GMO's can be LTE right ?

The tower slightly north of us ( located at Taylor & Rey-NA Rd ) is not GMO the one slightly north of that ( New Havens Corner & Rey-NA Rd ) is GMO - but you don't need 800 1x there..

I live slightly closer to the Taylo & Rey- NA Rd site which is not GMO, but Id think with the Broad St area being so busy it would be foolish not to have LTE in that area.. you have McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Kroger and Giant Eagle, much more all in range of the site off Rey-NA off East Broad St

I drove past there as well, they were hard at work there. Didn't see anyone climbing the towers, mostly working on the new cabinets. Saw two trucks out there.

As far as LTE in that area, there's already B41 in that area. If I'm correct, there's a tower behind Kroger that was once wimax, now broadcasting LTE. A good way to find out, go to the Sprint store in that plaza and see if any tri band phones pick up LTE.

Of course, B41 doesn't do much to us single band device users, but at least they have LTE in that area.

I drove past there as well, they were hard at work there. Didn't see anyone climbing the towers, mostly working on the new cabinets. Saw two trucks out there.

As far as LTE in that area, there's already B41 in that area. If I'm correct, there's a tower behind Kroger that was once wimax, now broadcasting LTE. A good way to find out, go to the Sprint store in that plaza and see if any tri band phones pick up LTE.

Of course, B41 doesn't do much to us single band device users, but at least they have LTE in that area.

To get a reply that i wouldnt (shouldnt) hope for LTE is a pretty broad statement. Yes, ive been aware band 41 is around here because of sensorly, but most Sprint users probably not only dont know this but most dont have b41 phones yet. On top of this no 1900 means there is no spark tri band around here. What i really want to know is sprint going to light up East Broad with 1900 or not. They light up these "villages" with 1900 but maybe not this area? The gmo site at Rey Na & Morse Rd is getting it and that area is alot less populated and less business dense then around here where they need tri band..

To get a reply that i wouldnt (shouldnt) hope for LTE is a pretty broad statement. Yes, ive been aware band 41 is around here because of sensorly, but most Sprint users probably not only dont know this but most dont have b41 phones yet. On top of this no 1900 means there is no spark tri band around here. What i really want to know is sprint going to light up East Broad with 1900 or not. They light up these "villages" with 1900 but maybe not this area?

I hope that tower gets 1900 LTE, as it's the tower closest to me and the one my phone always connects to. The design of the tower and it's placement may limit the expansion possible. Unless...and that's a big unless, they attach the panels to the power support itself, like on Morse/Rey- New Alb rd tower.

I hope that tower gets 1900 LTE, as it's the tower closest to me and the one my phone always connects to. The design of the tower and it's placement may limit the expansion possible. Unless...and that's a big unless, they attach the panels to the power support itself, like on Morse/Rey- New Alb rd tower.

I added to the above post around the time you replied

The tower closest to me ( which is at Rey-Na & Taylor ) isnt gmo but id think this area will have to get 1900 in order for tri band to work. Having only band 41 around here wouldnt be so great inside giant eagle id think because of penetration

The tower closest to me isnt gmo but id think this area will have to get 1900 in order for tri band to work. Having only band 41 around here wouldnt be so great inside giant eagle id think because of penetration

I live and work in Reynoldsburg.  My work is in a very odd location, right at the edge of coverage of the above mentioned tower and one on E. Broad and 270.  That location reeks havoc on my battery life, since I can't hold a decent connection to either one of those towers.  Walking 10 feet would switch me from one tower to another.  I hope that they address both those towers soon.  When I have time, and the situation permis, I'll try to snap some pics.  Wanted to do it today, but as we all know, trucks are in the way.

I live and work in Reynoldsburg. My work is in a very odd location, right at the edge of coverage of the above mentioned tower and one on E. Broad and 270. That location reeks havoc on my battery life, since I can't hold a decent connection to either one of those towers. Walking 10 feet would switch me from one tower to another. I hope that they address both those towers soon. When I have time, and the situation permis, I'll try to snap some pics. Wanted to do it today, but as we all know, trucks are in the way.

Im closest to the rey-na & taylor tower which isnt gmo. It would make sense if this tower had 1900 but no band 41 because its not densely populated so right now tri band isnt a big deal but down close to broad band 41 wouldnt be ideal for those thick bricked steel roofed buildings like giant eagle etc.. I work near mount carmel on east broad but slightly west of it in a small thick bricked building which 1900 penetrates but not so well at times.. So even with a tri band phone - Band 41 around here and where i work inside would not work - if 1900 works minimally b41 wont.. this area needs 1900 lte ..

• Like 1

Im closest to the rey-na & taylor tower which isnt gmo. It would make sense if this tower had 1900 but no band 41 because its not densely populated so right now tri band isnt a big deal but down close to broad band 41 wouldnt be ideal for those thick bricked steel roofed buildings like giant eagle etc.. I work near mount carmel on east broad but slightly west of it in a small thick bricked building which 1900 penetrates but not so well at times.. Band 41 around here would not work.. this area needs 1900

I agree with you.  Can't wait until 800MHz LTE finally makes it here.  I was impressed with the 1900 penetration at Best Buy on 256/70.  I could comparisson shop with extreme convenience :D.  I'm due for an upgrade soon, my next phone will be Tri-Band, hope that will solve my crappy situation with the signal.  The B41 tower on E Broad is a bit closer to me than the Broad/Lancaster tower.

To get a reply that i wouldnt (shouldnt) hope for LTE is a pretty broad statement. Yes, ive been aware band 41 is around here because of sensorly, but most Sprint users probably not only dont know this but most dont have b41 phones yet. On top of this no 1900 means there is no spark tri band around here. What i really want to know is sprint going to light up East Broad with 1900 or not. They light up these "villages" with 1900 but maybe not this area? The gmo site at Rey Na & Morse Rd is getting it and that area is alot less populated and less business dense then around here where they need tri band..

At this current time we have not seen a 1900 RRH only site get LTE. Can that change? Absolutely.

dkyeager spoke to some site workers at a powerline site. He found out that those sites require electricians to come in to install NV antennas. From that information it is our understanding that these sites will be 3G only until electricians can come out to climb the tower to install the 1900/800 capable antennas. It will be 3G only to not hold up the market because at this point, we must launch. The hemorrhaging must stop.

• Like 5

At this current time we have not seen a 1900 RRH only site get LTE. Can that change? Absolutely.

dkyeager spoke to some site workers at a powerline site. He found out that those sites require electricians to come in to install NV antennas. From that information it is our understanding that these sites will be 3G only until electricians can come out to climb the tower to install the 1900/800 capable antennas. It will be 3G only to not hold up the market because at this point, we must launch. The hemorrhaging must stop.

Ok, thanks..So these sites have the fiber backhaul and are pretty much 4g ready. At least NV 3g is useable..

Are the other sites near here getting LTE?

And...  Although ( as you stated above ) : The Rey-Na E Broad site needs an electrician ..this usually seems to happen much later then alittle later ? 

There are and will be many ongoing projects by sprint to increase signal density in locations where time made it difficult to do a regular build.

I can identify with your frustration. I live in a NV area and yet have to use an airave. The tower near me has to normal NV antennas and one narrowband antenna. The area I live in is in a wedge of poor service because of the narrowband antenna. Am I upset? Yes. Have I voiced my concerns to Sprint? Yes. Will they change it? Nope. I have to accept it. It does not stop me from complaining to Sprint about it and getting discounts though. Sprint is not AT&T either. They are a #3 or #4 carrier at the moment. If you want full coverage everywhere, maybe you should look at AT&T? I have but here I am.

I could see that. I still haven't seen any tower monkeys on it. I'm guessing unless they're waiting until the end that they'll be coming back later for LTE. They've had 3-4 full days of work on the ground so far.

I could see that. I still haven't seen any tower monkeys on it. I'm guessing unless they're waiting until the end that they'll be coming back later for LTE. They've had 3-4 full days of work on the ground so far.

I wonder if they're working on it today. If there's nobody there, I'll take some pics, lighting permitted.