Sprint is also the slowest at Universal. I checked. Verizon at one point was 70mbps At&t was between 13-25mbps, Tmobile 8-12 due to weak signal and Sprint band 25 was 0.10, band 26 0.60, clearwire band 41 2-5 mbps. Sprint has a long ways to go at these theme parks.

CAn't wait until they get b41 at disney. And yeh...when I go to unviversal its all airplane mode and wifi. There is no point in having my cellular data on.

• Like 1

CAn't wait until they get b41 at disney. And yeh...when I go to unviversal its all airplane mode and wifi. There is no point in having my cellular data on.

I still don't understand why Sprint hasn't given Universal more attention. For the last 4 years data usability has pretty much been horrible there!

What has always irked me is that there are only 2 NV towers within a mile or so of the resort in addition to the Clearwire site across Kirkman which barely reaches inside the parks. Seems like the site spacing around there was designed without the existence of Universal in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I still don't understand why Sprint hasn't given Universal more attention. For the last 4 years data usability has pretty much been horrible there!

What has always irked me is that there are only 2 NV towers within a mile or so of the resort in addition to the Clearwire site across Kirkman which barely reaches inside the parks. Seems like the site spacing around there was designed without the existence of Universal in mind.

I was able to get At&t CA and Verizon XLTE throughout most of the park while T-Mobile and Sprint are not very good. T-Mobile is worse on signal. Sprint is the worst with Speed often under a mb. So I agree that Sprint doesn't care about Universal. Its funny because they are much better at Busch Gardens.

They probably couldn't get rights to deploy within the area and had to use macro coverage. That happens a lot more than you would think.

Does anybody find it weird that Orlando has been lacking in 4g lte speeds for years yet Denver got LTE last year and now they're number one. Congrats to Denver

Does anybody find it weird that Orlando has been lacking in 4g lte speeds for years yet Denver got LTE last year and now they're number one. Congrats to Denver

Number one? Source

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Number one? Source

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

New Root metrics report has Sprint tied for first in the Denver market on speed
  • Like 1

Thats incredible considering they used to be the absolute worst.

If only they could bring the same love to Florida...
  • Like 3

They are. Just not where you are,yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's pretty good here in Orlando. I mean b41 is everywhere here though. Without it, we would be in trouble. 

Side note: I was having some issues with data today. Not sure if that was a temporary thing or related to the new iOS update I just did.

It's pretty good here in Orlando. I mean b41 is everywhere here though. Without it, we would be in trouble.

Side note: I was having some issues with data today. Not sure if that was a temporary thing or related to the new iOS update I just did.

I can't wait to upgrade later this year. I'm stuck on b26 90% of the time sub 1mbps , how are speeds on the east side?

I can't wait to upgrade later this year. I'm stuck on b26 90% of the time sub 1mbps , how are speeds on the east side?

Well I can look out the window and see the tower in avalon and I sit on b41 all day...so my speeds are pretty great. Driving through the city is mostly b41 but it does drop out to 25 and 26 sometimes. When I was on my way back to my house today I somehow got stuck on b25 at a red light and was wondering why an email wouldn't load...it then switched over to b41, but I personally think it should've been much quicker, and I should've never been on b25 at all in the first place. It was extremely congested.

We are definitely lacking fill in here. T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon have been adding towers all over town and no sign of Sprint expansion. I know it coming eventually, but it's still a shame when they could be doing much better. So I sits and I waits.... Lol hopefully my nexus 6 coming will help too. I hear it performs better than my G3.

• Like 1

We are definitely lacking fill in here. T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon have been adding towers all over town and no sign of Sprint expansion. I know it coming eventually, but it's still a shame when they could be doing much better. So I sits and I waits.... Lol hopefully my nexus 6 coming will help too. I hear it performs better than my G3.

It does. It performs even better on tmobile than Sprint. It is a band 4 and band 12 monster!

I haven't been posting as much as I used too. Probably due to just enjoying the network now that it is functional for me in almost all places I go. What is everyones current experiences? Tampa? Jacksonville? Anywhere else.. Even down south while I was in Jupiter FL, I was picking up b26 inside a friends place while she had no service. 

I've noticed that I am rarely off LTE anymore and can almost always find b41 except in certain places (for now). I have "crystal clear" voice calls with anyone I call on Sprint. Funny that I called someone from T-mobile yesterday and the call quality was so horrible I could barely understand a word. I then called a sprint phone and the difference was night and day. My data speeds are good in almost all places I go. Even when I get bumped to 3g the service is fine. I am a satisfied customer. I give it it a 7/10 right now and I assume with b41 densification it will quickly go up to 9/10. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Universal now has a Sprint Nokia site online throughout most of the park. Previously it was a clearwire site, unusable band 25 and a barely usable band 26. Speeds were good. Here is some info. Clearwire 41 ae0b4cddeddc8ac5b29a21e95a3eb86f.jpg

Sprint 41a1b9d444dd33d00081a00d339dcbd9a8.jpg

8t8r nokia speed test676bf7d0411374daf0b0889beea1dee4.jpg

• Like 4

Hey, anything is better than unusable data.

True. I was there in January and only the clearwire site was active so this had to be a recent upgrade. Clearwire on busy days was unusable so let's see what happens now.
  • Like 1

True. I was there in January and only the clearwire site was active so this had to be a recent upgrade. Clearwire on busy days was unusable so let's see what happens now.

Last time I was there only the Clear site was active...glad to see some additions there! It needed it BAD!

• Like 1