i laughed to myself when i saw it.  around challenger/alafaya intersection headed toward UCF, my phone was connected to a tower located across the street from central florida blvd, and dropped that for one near curry ford/417.  no idea what is going on.

I think they still need about 5 more towers near UCF to even consider being in the finishing up stage

Never got the text, probably because my phone has a Chicago number and that's where my dad lives who has the account. Buuuut yeah the 2 towers on campus are not complete. And I'm aware of 1 other on colonial and alafaya that hasn't been upgraded. Still not holding my breath..
  • Like 1

Never got the text, probably because my phone has a Chicago number and that's where my dad lives who has the account. Buuuut yeah the 2 towers on campus are not complete. And I'm aware of 1 other on colonial and alafaya that hasn't been upgraded. Still not holding my breath..

I look at the colonial and Alafaya tower everytime I drive to class. I'm just like, please just one day show some signs of progress. Those 3 sites would improve east orlando 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I'm constantly back and forth on I-4 between Daytona Beach and Deltona. I was in the 32720 zip when I recieved the text. To be honest, I can't wait for LTE800.

iPhone 5c/5s and Nexus 5 are looking lovely for a mid contract swap to me (Mainly for unlocked/unlocking purposes if my acct holder decides to jump ship on that T-Mobile offer)

Does the Galaxy S4 support LTE on 800Mhz? It may not be Tri Band, but will it support something other than the 1.9Ghz Sprint is propagating LTE on now?

There is a version of the GS4 (SPHL720T) that is tri-band and does support LTE on both 800 and 2600, but the regular version (SPHL720) does not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My premier sponsor gods, has there been any 800 LTE in orlando that I should be aware of?

They really can't tell you. And you shouldn't ask them to reveal Sponsor content. You could get them in trouble. But I will tell you...the answer is no.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

They really can't tell you. And you shouldn't ask them to reveal Sponsor content. You could get them in trouble. But I will tell you...the answer is no.

Curiosity got the best of me. Won't happen again, was just curious as to if there were any actual sittings here. I'd upgrade to Premier as I love the website, but it wouldn't be the best idea as I am moving in a week and expenses are going towards that.

Keep thinking of testing out Sprint, but not sure how the network state is currently.

What do the local folks think about LTE coverage and speeds? I'm living in the Maitland area and working in the I-Drive / Universal area. 

Keep thinking of testing out Sprint, but not sure how the network state is currently.

What do the local folks think about LTE coverage and speeds? I'm living in the Maitland area and working in the I-Drive / Universal area. 

I haven't had an issue, I'm able to hold a continuous and consistent LTE connection from my office in Downtown Orlando to my residence in Winter Park, and around most of the surrounding area. Speeds at my office tend to be around 20-25mbps as the tower I'm connected to is about 500yds away, and speeds at and inside my residence tend to be around 10-15mbps. 

*Hopefully I'm not double posting, I don't think my last submit went through*

At this time, personally I would not recommend switching to Sprint. If you want a fast/reliable network that is. If I had to rank the carriers as far as speed/reliability in Orlando, I'd say Sprint is 4th behind Verzon/AT&T/T-Mobile. Things seem to be looking up going forward, however, but a switch at this current time would be a downgrade. LTE indoors right now is horrible. Outside it's hit or miss.

Looking at Sprint Spark coming hopefully this year, maybe things will change, but right now things are not good. Don't get me wrong, they are improving, but in no way would I call Sprint's current network in Orlando 'acceptable' for the year 2014 compared to the competition. That's my opinion.

But to add to this, there's a reason I haven't switched. Sprint's outlook seems bright - as though it could have one of the best Networks, it's just a matter of when.
  • Like 2

Took the words right out of my mouth. Tmobile is surprisingly dense in orlando

*Hopefully I'm not double posting, I don't think my last submit went through*

At this time, personally I would not recommend switching to Sprint. If you want a fast/reliable network that is. If I had to rank the carriers as far as speed/reliability in Orlando, I'd say Sprint is 4th behind Verzon/AT&T/T-Mobile. Things seem to be looking up going forward, however, but a switch at this current time would be a downgrade. LTE indoors right now is horrible. Outside it's hit or miss.

Looking at Sprint Spark coming hopefully this year, maybe things will change, but right now things are not good. Don't get me wrong, they are improving, but in no way would I call Sprint's current network in Orlando 'acceptable' for the year 2014 compared to the competition. That's my opinion.

But to add to this, there's a reason I haven't switched. Sprint's outlook seems bright - as though it could have one of the best Networks, it's just a matter of when.

Be careful how you discuss other wireless providers. Do not run afoul of the new rule: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5450-posts-and-threads-about-other-wireless-providers/

Interesting. Well I did not mean that as a promotion to other wireless carriers. I could have just said "other providers" instead of mentioning them by name. Although, it's only fair to answer a question about switching to Sprint in an honest light. That was my only intent.

Interesting. Well I did not mean that as a promotion to other wireless carriers. I could have just said "other providers" instead of mentioning them by name. Although, it's only fair to answer a question about switching to Sprint in an honest light. That was my only intent.

I'm feeling ya.  It was on the line.  So I thought I would throw that out there.  I was also more concerned about someone using your post to springboard into something that wouldn't be allowed.

Robert

I also want people to know that I don't have a problem with our members saying that they don't recommend Sprint service now in a particular market when asked.  That's fine.  You can discuss your personal opinion of Sprint service that you use in a constructive and non-ranting way.  But recommending another specific provider is where it starts to cross the line of the new rule.

Robert

• Like 1

I would suggest you upgrade your membership, which will better assist you in your decision.  Upgrading will allow you access to maps which I find to be very valuable.  I drive, work, and play throughout the Orlando metro, and I must admit there are areas that have great service while other areas are lacking and weak.  With that being said, no one has perfect coverage, I know because my employeer just switched our mobile laptops to "Big Red" from Sprint, and I have found gaps and weak/slow areas with them as well.  If it's any consolation, I just added two more lines to my Sprint account because I believe their investement in upgraded infrastructure will benefit my needs.

• Like 3

I would suggest you upgrade your membership, which will better assist you in your decision.  Upgrading will allow you access to maps which I find to be very valuable.  I drive, work, and play throughout the Orlando metro, and I must admit there are areas that have great service while other areas are lacking and weak.  With that being said, no one has perfect coverage, I know because my employeer just switched our mobile laptops to "Big Red" from Sprint, and I have found gaps and weak/slow areas with them as well.  If it's any consolation, I just added two more lines to my Sprint account because I believe their investement in upgraded infrastructure will benefit my needs.

I have to agree with the great areas, an areas. Today I have been in the process of moving throughout the entire day....So much that my fingers actually hurt typing this message...Anyhow, I moved from one area of my apartment complex to another and my coverage is like day and night. It literally shocked me, and also irritated me at the same time. I tried calling my brother 5 times inside of my apartment....5 times.....and then his gf another 4 times...and each time it just went straight to voicemail. I asked, "why didn't you answer me" He said he did, but that it was just blank. I guess this is a big part of upgrades, but my apartment now (went from 3rd floor to 1st) has 1 bar, with 1x data connection  which is unusable for anything I would do. But just 30 mins before that I was across town and had a consistent LTE signal. Night and day. I am still sticking with sprint though, just might have to get an airave until 800 pops around. 

I am now one of those people that drops calls every single time they make one. Lol. Does anyone know how to get an airave? We all have 5S's but 800 ins't around yet so that is the only other option. I've started a thread on sprint's community board to try and get one. I think my count of dropped or unable to complete calls is up to 15 now. Had a fun time trying to get comcast activated this morning too. Had to literally leave the house to go to the clubhouse and use their office phone to speak with a rep. Happy Saturday!

Currently connected to band 41 on my Nexus 5 on the UCF campus. Speed tests aren't as impressive as I had hoped (20mbps) but nonetheless I'm STOKED. screen shots to come..

How do you know which band you are connecting on?