This is the cell tower for my area, which lies within a Duke Energy substation, which is behind a CVS. Walked over and did some speed testing, which was within the 3-5mbps range

When a site first goes online it is usually going to yield sporadic performance until the neighboring sites are online.  If you have the Signal Check app, or know how to use an engineering screen you can examine the fluctuation of your singal/noise ratio {values} .  When the SNR reading becomes more consistent you will likely see a stronger connection, which means faster speeds for you. 

-Will

• Like 1

I want to know. where and what kind of towers are in melbourne-palm bay-cocoa, FL market. I know we have 4g LTE here but i want to know what tower types are here is it only 1900mhz and what is the effective range on 1900mhz? is the 800mhz band here? I am just curious because i want to switch back to sprint but only if the LTE here is useable and has enough range to get signal in my house....

i hear sprints 4g LTE is actually quite good when it works so i dont want to switch unless the signal and speeds are going to be better than my T Mobile HSPA+ i have looked everywhere on this site and the web and i cant find any real useful info any help would be much appreciated!

I have attached the sprint coverage map. The yellow pin is where i live and the BLACK DOT is where the tower that will cover me is located.... and one know if this is 1900mhz or 800mhz or both?

also the estimated distance from my house to that tower in a straight line is 2 miles.

post-27425-0-87843700-1383020852_thumb.gif

Edited by lhutchison

^ my last post......uh i guess my topic was merged into this thread this is not anywhere near miami/west palm this is more close to orlando even though we are a separate market and orlando dose not have 4g lte yet and we do we are on hour east of orlando this is the Palm bay/melbounre/cocoa/titusville market...... so ya

Edited by lhutchison

^ my last post......uh i guess my topic was merged into this thread this is not anywhere near miami/west palm this is more close to orlando even though we are a separate market and orlando dose not have 4g lte yet and we do we are on hour east of orlando this is the Palm bay/melbounre/cocoa/titusville market...... so ya

The area you are in is part of the Orlando Market.

If you become a sponsor you will be able to get access to maps with tower locations.

Here is how to become a Sponsor

• Like 2

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-expands-lte-coverage-map-and-turns-on-more-4g-lte-markets.htm

lol of course not. Maybe by February. Keep waiting and paying your bill on time.

LTE literally surrounds Orlando now. ITs like a Giant orange glob on their coverage map of LTE. Why is Orlando taking so damn long lol

LTE literally surrounds Orlando now. ITs like a Giant orange glob on their coverage map of LTE. Why is Orlando taking so damn long lol

It really doesn't matter. It does not change the coverage since they just leave the towers on anyway. Sprint just acknowledge cities that are good enough to where they feel there's more LTE than 3G or just as much.

So me and the hubby are likely going to jump to T-Mobile in November. I'll likely keep watching progress unfold, but hope the continued NV rollout goes well for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Good choice. I'm getting laughed at by all my co workers for sticking with Sprint. Even the ones with T-Mobile who do LTE speed tests in my face and think it's funny when they see my 0.06 Mbps down.

• Like 1

Good choice. I'm getting laughed at by all my co workers for sticking with Sprint. Even the ones with T-Mobile who do LTE speed tests in my face and think it's funny when they see my 0.06 Mbps down.

This. Except is normally myself laughing at myself. I just got the 5S so I am hoping that it will be worth it in the long run by staying with sprint for another 2 years, which is why I got the 5S ( specifically for 800 LTE when its out and about).... 

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Watch it, guys. S4GRU is not a complaint site. Several of you are pushing the envelope. Consider this your warning. And if you are not a sponsor, you are depriving yourself of relevant info.

AJ

• Like 1

Watch it, guys. S4GRU is not a complaint site. Several of you are pushing the envelope. Consider this your warning. And if you are not a sponsor, you are depriving yourself of relevant info.

AJ

You're right. Sometimes my nerves get the better of me. Doesn't help that I am in the middle of dealing with a horrible neighbor situation and my good friend was injured last night due to a stupid situation that should have never happened.

On a lighter note, sprints service in the area I was in last night offered me LTE, which allowed me to find a hospital in seconds and get her there in minutes. Sprint's network actually proved itself incredibly worthy last night. That's the kind of attention it should be getting. Not this witch hunt stuff.

Sorry AJ. 

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

I'm looking at going the other way: from TMO to Sprint. I now have a 3G plan and phone (a/k/a HSPA 14) and want to get the Moto X on Sprint, which means LTE on 1900 only. I live and work in the northeast Orlando suburbs. In the foreseeable future, will I get and hold reliable LTE on Sprint? Thsnks for any wisdom you can throw my way.

I'm not necessarily trying to complain. I'm upset about it yes, but I am just saying I think they made a good chosen given the current state of Sprint's network. Maybe in 2 years it'll be where other competing networks were a years ago. And I do get 0.06 Mbps down or worse a lot of times when I do speed tests that are pretty close to downtown Orlando. Sad, unfortunately, but true.

Hopefully we'll have a reliable LTE connection from Sprint by the time 2014 rolls around. Who knows.

It's frustrating, but at least we have this web site to track the progress and talk with like minded folks. So kudos for that at least.

Well I just moved to Winter Park yesterday and I finally get 2-3 bars on LTE everywhere in my apartment. I get about between 5-12mbps download. My contract with Sprint ends this Thursday, 10/31/13. Haven't decided if I'm switching to T-Mobile because I am just now getting good Sprint service again and T-Mobile also appears to have good LTE service at my place too, so even if I do leave, I'll still stick around and keep track of the forums.

Edited by XXavierXX
  • Like 2

LTE is live at the Sea world Tower from what I can tell, get 5 bars driving by it on the 528 on my way home from work/school. Has put a relief on the OBT/central Fl tower as both now have pretty consistent 60-70ms pings. Did some tests at the SeaWorld tower while driving and the best I got was 5.5/2.9 which is pretty good considering that I was going about 65 and it was like 4:30pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got my 5s today. Now to wait for that succulent 800mhz and of course 1900 to come around. As soon as they get my tower on Alafaya up and running, I can imagine ill have anywhere from 3-5 bars and a very decent LTE signal.

Even if it takes a year, I know it'll get done. Businesses aren't in business to lose money so they're definitely stepping it up.

Edited by jamisonshaw125

And also, I got this test standing outside my friends house in DP basically right off Walace and Apopkavineland with only 2 bars of LTE.

Pretty amazing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome speeds! Sheesh haha share some over here!