Maybe a stupid question, but can someone enlighten me as to where I can find a map of Sprint towers (something more than what is on the Sprint site that approximates the location)? I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I would love to know more precise locations of towers that I could drive by and see if any progress is being made.

I'm located in Longwood and have noticed a much more constant LTE service as of late, as well as my commute through Orlando.

Very excited to see some of the speeds I've seen.

Short answer: become a sponsor and you can see all of Sprint's native sites, including those in the Orlando market.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Things seem to be changing for the better with Sprint. I noticed when I came into work yesterday, I had LTE inside my building which I have never had before. I ran a few speed test and averaged about 12 down and 2 up. The highest was this morning with 22.89Mbps down and 4.6Mbps up with a ping of 41ms. Very impressed! I work in Maitland off of Keller Rd.

• Like 1

1900 only if you want TD LTE sites that's premier sponser territory

Please clarify a very basic question that I ought to already know, but don't: Are reports of LTE in the Orlando area all on the 1900 PCS band, or are some sites supporting 800mhz or TD-LTE?

seeing progress, was out walking my dog just a little bit ago and Signalcheck was blowing up on my phone. Looks like the tower in my neighborhood is in testing mode. Was picking up an unusable LTE signal and the address it lists is the exact location of a former Nextel tower.

2013-10-22_17-14-14.png

• Like 1

The tower on Libra drive in ucf is finally being upgraded. They have a lift out there with panels being installed. There is no data at ucf right now just voice. Can't wait because data on campus has been snail slow lately.

• Like 1

I was doing some roof work at UCF last week.  I saw some company doing work on some kind of tower; maybe a water tower?   They were out there Thursday and Friday when I was there.   I got decent LTE coverage on the roof, but on the ground it wasn't that great.

How well will LTE be in Orlando once the market goes live?    Is it going to be spotty like it is in Cocoa Beach/Rockledge area?   On the roof of the building I was working at I'd get pretty good LTE signal, but on the ground it was very hit or miss.  I knew a certain area in the parking lot that got good LTE signal, so I took my lunch there everyday, but about 200ft away it was either no signal, or constantly switching back and forth from 3G to LTE, which barely worked.

There are some areas on I4 that my signal is horrible with 3G, and won't even pick up LTE.

I was doing some roof work at UCF last week.  I saw some company doing work on some kind of tower; maybe a water tower?   They were out there Thursday and Friday when I was there.   I got decent LTE coverage on the roof, but on the ground it wasn't that great.

How well will LTE be in Orlando once the market goes live?    Is it going to be spotty like it is in Cocoa Beach/Rockledge area?   On the roof of the building I was working at I'd get pretty good LTE signal, but on the ground it was very hit or miss.  I knew a certain area in the parking lot that got good LTE signal, so I took my lunch there everyday, but about 200ft away it was either no signal, or constantly switching back and forth from 3G to LTE, which barely worked.

There are some areas on I4 that my signal is horrible with 3G, and won't even pick up LTE.

This is how I understand it from a post that S4GRU (Robert) made a while back that I saw. If we have decent 3g in an area, we should expect to have LTE. Now LTE drops out sooner than 3g, so the further you go the more chance that it will switch back to 3g. 1900 mhz is the initial frequency they are deploying LTE, and after (actually now) they are working on deploying LTE on the 800 mhz frequency and 2500. 800 mhz will be the deal breaker for me because it should increase coverage A LOT. As in everywhere you go you should have at least 3-5 bars or more and a very decent data signal. 1900 mhz can handle more people, but is limited to a distance, and 2500 mhz is great for incredibly fast speeds, but even more limited than 1900 mhz.

All in all, I would recommend having at least a Dual Band phone if you're concerned about data speeds, which of course we are lol. It makes the phone usable. I have the 5 right now, and just bought the 5S for full price (hoping to sell the 5 online somewhere) because I know the new 5s can run 800 mhz LTE, which is very important to me. Once LTE gets launched, all of those 4g phones will be connecting to it, so it should speed up 3g. And with the Network Vision upgrades, the 3g speeds should increase anyways. 

The way someone explained it to me...If you want T-Mobile like data coverage, then 1900 mhz is going to be your best friend. If you want Verizon and ATT like coverage, then you need a dual or even tri band phone so you can take advantage of the 800 and 2500 mhz frequencies. Which is why I got the 5s. Locked into 2 years, I definitely don't want T-Mobile like coverage with Sprint rolling out this fancy new network. 

TL;DR: Sprint data coverage should increase to moderate levels when fully deployed (similar to t-mobile). The big seller will be tri-band and the 800  mhz frequency. If you don't have a dual band phone, get one or that new shiny LG G2

Edited by jamisonshaw125

2 weeks... Im calling it...

Orlando

NV Sites Accepted = 60%

LTE Sites Accepted = 54%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Fall 2013 (Melbourne/Palm Bay and Port St. Lucie launched 4/18/2013, Daytona Beach/Palm Coast launched 7/30/2013)

Original Scheduled Completion = May 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = February 2014

yeah, I think that sounds like a reasonable time frame considering the progress made since the last update

Edited by UCFKnight
  • Like 1

Orlando

NV Sites Accepted = 60%

LTE Sites Accepted = 54%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Fall 2013 (Melbourne/Palm Bay and Port St. Lucie launched 4/18/2013, Daytona Beach/Palm Coast launched 7/30/2013)

Original Scheduled Completion = May 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = February 2014

yeah, I think that sounds like a reasonable time frame considering the progress made since the last update

did it just jump 10%... I remember checking it a few days ago I thought it was below 50%

So me and the hubby are likely going to jump to T-Mobile in November. I'll likely keep watching progress unfold, but hope the continued NV rollout goes well for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

noooooo another one lost

The tower on Libra drive in ucf is finally being upgraded. They have a lift out there with panels being installed. There is no data at ucf right now just voice. Can't wait because data on campus has been snail slow lately.

I noticed work going on as well. However, do we know for sure it is Sprint? I don't see the 2 RRU's next to the antennas they where working on. Perhaps they aren't done with it yet? or since it is on an odd structure maybe it's hidden elsewhere?

Also.. The tower on W Plaza Drive has been upgraded with NV for a good 3 months now but there is no LTE coming from it. I noticed crews at the site here and there last month but I haven't noticed any recently. I don't think it is a backhaul issue since there are LTE antennas for another carrier on the same tower. They need to hurry because LTE coverage is abysmal on campus. Elsewhere, it's not too bad.

Tower in my neighborhood went live!!! Got that LTE goodness flowing in my bedroom - looks like it needs backhaul though :/

Does your phone pick up the 800 mhz frequency? Aren't there only a few phones, ( LG G2 , Iphohne 5S ) and a few others that can do that right now.? I am wondering if people are aware how much better 800 will be, I mean besides us LTE nerds, lol. 

And yay for having LTE in your bedroom. When I have decent signal in my house I will probably stop using my incredibly fast wifi just because I want to be able to say I have LTE. My friend made fun of me the other day because I bought the 5S simply so I can experience that 800 deliciousness when it gets here. LOL.  :hah:

Does your phone pick up the 800 mhz frequency? Aren't there only a few phones, ( LG G2 , Iphohne 5S ) and a few others that can do that right now.? I am wondering if people are aware how much better 800 will be, I mean besides us LTE nerds, lol. 

And yay for having LTE in your bedroom. When I have decent signal in my house I will probably stop using my incredibly fast wifi just because I want to be able to say I have LTE. My friend made fun of me the other day because I bought the 5S simply so I can experience that 800 deliciousness when it gets here. LOL.  :hah:

Nah the EVO LTE doesn't get LTE 800, probably CDMA 800 though, that's why I'm gonna go Nexus 5 when it comes out as its tri-band. I have noticed the call clarity change with the HD voice, it sounds so damn clear. Gonna take a walk over to the tower in a bit and do some testing.

• Like 1

Nah the EVO LTE doesn't get LTE 800, probably CDMA 800 though, that's why I'm gonna go Nexus 5 when it comes out as its tri-band. I have noticed the call clarity change with the HD voice, it sounds so damn clear. Gonna take a walk over to the tower in a bit and do some testing.

That weird, my post disappeared. Guess I did not click post.. Anyhow, now that you mention that I am getting a stable LTE signal in the back room of my apartment. Ping is below 70 most times and download 2-4 mb, upload almost 1. I'd say that is pretty good. Can't be the one on Alafaya and colonial, it would be a lot stronger signal. Can't wait till get that that tower up and running. 

Post speed tests!

Edited by jamisonshaw125