So Sprint has begun upgrading the tower next to me (finally), but in the interim, WOW has my voice and data service gone to the dogs. I regularly switch to 1xRTT on Sprint/MetroPCS whereas before i always had a medium 3G signal. Cannot wait for work to be completed and have good data again!

• Like 2

Signal continues to improve in the Universal Studios & Kissimmee/St Cloud Areas.

Biggest improvement I can speak off is my having -105 or better on my drive from The Loop via John Young (South) and 192 (East).

When activating new/upgrades over the past 4 days they have all connected to LTE while IN the store. This was not possible as of last week. This improvement has definitelly helped show customers that there is some progress in the area.

Seems the tower by the KUA substation on John Young accross from the motor sports shop is up. I saw a crew there last week but was not able to get close and see if it was NV work as the area was ropped off.

Have a good sunday all.

@l3x

So hopefully soon we will be official...

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Sad to say I moved on to ATT this past weekend to get the Galaxy Note 3. Had an opportunity to cut my bill down by joining the family and been drooling over the phone for a while now.

Thanks for all the great info and I will be sure to check in to see how Orlando is developing. I may be back in two years :)

Wishing you all a speedy LTE rollout!

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Sad to say I moved on to ATT this past weekend to get the Galaxy Note 3. Had an opportunity to cut my bill down by joining the family and been drooling over the phone for a while now.

Thanks for all the great info and I will be sure to check in to see how Orlando is developing. I may be back in two years :)

Bye foreve :( r. Enjoy your delicious LTE and fantastic coverage. 

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

Best of luck!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

So I noticed a few things at my tower on Apopka Vineland and Clarcona Ocoee. First, they seem to have removed the gigantic osprey nest that used to crown it. Second, there is now a middle rack of antennas that I don't recall seeing before. What's more, they look to my untrained eye like Ericsson towers for Sprint. Thoughts? I need to bring a zoom lens next time...

Posted Image

The Sprint LTE RRUs I've seen have four square boxes mounted behind the panel, with two at the top and two at the bottom as if they were piece of bread sandwiched together...for lack of a better description.

The Sprint LTE RRUs I've seen have four square boxes mounted behind the panel, with two at the top and two at the bottom as if they were piece of bread sandwiched together...for lack of a better description.

Hmm, wonder what I'm seeing then

Got this at 0525 am near Dr Phillips Hospital. I know the RSSI is high. That is because I was already a mile way by the time I got the screen capture... 

While the ping is not great the rest sure is...

YEAYYYYYY

DJ8Evszl.png

@l3x

• Like 2

Hi, guys. Just checking in. I live in Winter Springs, a couple of hundred yards from the tower at Tuscawilla Country Club. I really want to get the Moto X, but am fearful of being locked into a single-band LTE phone. Any advice on how happy I'd be with that arrangement for a couple of years? Thanks!

Hi, guys. Just checking in. I live in Winter Springs, a couple of hundred yards from the tower at Tuscawilla Country Club. I really want to get the Moto X, but am fearful of being locked into a single-band LTE phone. Any advice on how happy I'd be with that arrangement for a couple of years? Thanks!

Quite honestly I would hold out for the LG G2, which is tri-band capable. I'm not impressed with Sprint's LTE on the 1900mhz band at all. When they deploy LTE on the 800mhz band the coverage will be a lot better especially in buildings and the 2300mhz TD-LTE will be crazy fast once they get that deployed. 

But you also have to realize that at the pace things are going, we may not see tri-band fully deployed in Orlando for some time. They haven't even activated 1x800, let alone finished their NV upgrades. However, I'm pretty sure clearwire has activated some TD-LTE sites in the area, so you may be able to take advantage of that sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Was down in historic Orlando today driving around after leaving the dog park and had a consistent LTE signal... Is quite nice. It's like a tsunami wave and it's not towards this side of Orlando yet LOL

That's great!. Where in Orlando was this. Do you have any screenshots of speedtests that you can share?

I, for the first time, am screenshot-less because I was using my navigation because I had no idea where I was . Pretty much from lake Baldwin fleets people park all the way to the regal cinemas down there I had LTE. It was a pretty consistent signal never went below like 3 or 4 bars. I did do a speed test at a light but I closed it before it finished. Download was something like 15 down and 1 up with a really good ping. I was impressed.

Also, there are a ton of beautiful houses down there. Wouldn't mind living there if I decide to make Orlando my permanent home.

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Can we get Launched already.... We have got to be at 60% by now... was like 41% 2 months ago... COME ON...........................

@l3x

Oh please oh please oh please! I say this everyday lol. I just put my gigantic mophie juice pack on my phone because I'm tired of it dying when I go someplace with bad coverage. Sigh... Cough. Everywhere Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 2