Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Another weak week. Wonder what's going on with south Florida. Probably backhaul related since the weather down here couldn't be any better.

Yeah, wonderful weather!

Also, even Tampa which recently began getting towers accepted, had more towers this week than us...

We need to get 20 towers a week to reach somewhere in range of 40-50% completion by late summer. At our rate we will launch by winter sadly.

Far fewer towers than that are needed for a "launch." I would put money on a launch by the end of Spring, possibly sooner than that. Though a launch doesn't do much except generate a press release and add the coverage onto Sprint's official coverage maps.

Far fewer towers than that are needed for a "launch." I would put money on a launch by the end of Spring, possibly sooner than that. Though a launch doesn't do much except generate a press release and add the coverage onto Sprint's official coverage maps.

That is true. Ok maybe a soft launch by summer. I cant see sprint doing a launch by spring. An we wont be finished until 2014 thats jyst the way I see it. Erricsson an who ever else helps them has been very slow

That is true. Ok maybe a soft launch by summer. I cant see sprint doing a launch by spring. An we wont be finished until 2014 thats jyst the way I see it. Erricsson an who ever else helps them has been very slow

Soft launch happened when they turned on the towers. Ericsson has been speeding up, as have all the others as of late. Sprint has been pressing them to turn up the pace a bit. I still say Sprint will launch your area by the end of Spring. Judging by Sensorly (which may or may not be dangerous) they really only need 10-20 more sites to fill in the gaps to be able to launch Miami. Maybe a few more if they want to launch the whole area from Homestead to Palm Beach at the same time.

I don't know if you are trying to lower your expectation on purpose, but too much more negativity and I will have to ask you to revisit the site rules.

i dont see what is wrong with what "gman" said.. he's being a realist. i absolutely love coming to this site but i think this site has kind of been way too optimistic with sprints timeline. I appreciate with my words and my money this site's contribution to us sprint customers but there are still so much work to be done in south florida.

• Like 1

Soft launch happened when they turned on the towers. Ericsson has been speeding up, as have all the others as of late. Sprint has been pressing them to turn up the pace a bit. I still say Sprint will launch your area by the end of Spring. Judging by Sensorly (which may or may not be dangerous) they really only need 10-20 more sites to fill in the gaps to be able to launch Miami. Maybe a few more if they want to launch the whole area from Homestead to Palm Beach at the same time.

I don't know if you are trying to lower your expectation on purpose, but too much more negativity and I will have to ask you to revisit the site rules.

No negativity intended. Im just being realistic based on my thoughts an perception of seeing things. U could be right if they fill in the gaps based on sensorly. But as robert said the contractors are going to the next site thats ready so the odds are of the contractor going into the gaps are 50/50. Im not lowering standards an not being negative on purpose. Im just stating based on my thoughts of seeing things. Plus work has not started in my town(boca raton) an i dont think they can launch my market until some work has started in my town but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

No negativity intended. Im just being realistic based on my thoughts an perception of seeing things. U could be right if they fill in the gaps based on sensorly. But as robert said the contractors are going to the next site thats ready so the odds are of the contractor going into the gaps are 50/50. Im not lowering standards an not being negative on purpose. Im just stating based on my thoughts of seeing things. Plus work has not started in my town(boca raton) an i dont think they can launch my market until some work has started in my town but I could be wrong.

I do hate to say it but many areas in ft laud that are purple on sensory have no 4g at all. I live in Wilton manors in that large hole east of 95 and between sunrise and Oakland and every time I go up and down 95 I get no 4g till I'm in pompano and many areas that sensory says is 4g is not 4g.

• Like 1

In due time florida will launch an I know this. After all there have been a lot of delays holding back contractors. An as broffe18 said there is a lot of work to be done. An it will get done as soon as possible. As of right now the way I see it for my market homstead has little work done and delray beach has little work done an boca raton has nothing done. Thats why I assume it will be around late summer maybe winter until my market launches. But this is just my opinion an my opinion only. It may sound stupid to some but I look at things from all angles an state my thoughts based on what I think makes sence. No harm done if some one disagrees lol

I know that recent weeks haven't been exactly fruitful for the south Florida areas, and it is easy to get discouraged. However, things should turn around soon. If they do not, then you could be right. We shall see.

And yes, you're right. You are entitled to your opinion. And a good discussion. Just try not to skew things too much. Until we see otherwise, we will assume that south Florida, the Miami area will launch this Spring.

• Like 1

This morning for the first time I got LTE driving west on Broward Blvd through the downtown area. I was aware of the signal from US1 to just before the Police Department, when it went back to 3G. Sorry I can't map on Sensorly since I have an iPhone.

• Like 1

I'm now finding 4G on 826 between about NW 74th Street until 103rd St. Over the past couple of days my phone would show 4g but the internet didn't work at all. Yesterday it seemed to be working. I was also in that area on the streets yesterday and got a useable 4g signal.

Today going south I also had 4g around NW 36th Street. Never got it there before, tho it was mapped in Sensorly. Either it's been there or the update my Evo got yesterday helped it be more sensitive somehow.

• Like 1

Jus noticed the tower by my house has brand new pannels on it. It looks like it is being upgrsded to 4g lte. I got pics but im at work now. Ill upload them when I get out at 10. Also there were ropes attached to the tower an the new pannels dont have wires connected g o them as of yet but i think its deff sprint pannels

• Like 1

I thought the middle rack with the one rru was att? Are u looken at the right rack?

Perhaps not. From those pictures, I'm not able to see the panel that you say has nothing hooked up. Still though, I don't see any Sprint NV equipment. Other than that, not really able to say who else is on there.

Perhaps not. From those pictures, I'm not able to see the panel that you say has nothing hooked up. Still though, I don't see any Sprint NV equipment. Other than that, not really able to say who else is on there.

Ok if u click on the first pic I posted if u look at the very bottom rack u will see very skinny pannels an then a big thick pannel next to it. The. Big thick pannels are new on that tower. If u look above those pannels u will see big white pannels with 1 rru behind them I thought those were att? But If u look at the bottom rack u will see the big thick pannels have nothing attached to them. They were jus instslled today. Maybe ur right idk

Ok if u click on the first pic I posted if u look at the very bottom rack u will see very skinny pannels an then a big thick pannel next to it. The. Big thick pannels are new on that tower. If u look above those pannels u will see big white pannels with 1 rru behind them I thought those were att? But If u look at the bottom rack u will see the big thick pannels have nothing attached to them. They were jus instslled today. Maybe ur right idk

Hmm. Not sure. Those aren't AT&T, those are the ones just up as you were saying. Those new panels aren't Sprint, I can tell you that. Perhaps T-Mobile?